Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-09-2012, 08:47 AM   #1
SillyEllie
Registered Users
Formerly: ardygurly
seller

My Mood:
Diaper for a 4 year old at night?

Yes, my 4 year old still wears diapers at night. She's about 37lbs and is almost out of sz.5 disposables. Regular cloth diapers wont fit her and she complains they are uncomfortable anyways if they are bulky. So here is what I'm looking for and it probably doesn't exist but I need something that fits her, that isn't too bulky (preferably something like underwear), that is absorbent enough for night time use (she's not even close to training so she pees ALOT) but something that doesn't cost $30 each! I saw the superundies night time but no way I can convince my husband of spending that much on a diaper. HELP!

Advertisement

SillyEllie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:26 AM   #2
ahess529
Registered Users
seller
seller

I was going to say super undies. My soon us 4.5 and wets occasionally at night. Also check out flips trainer, maybe with the plus size panels. They may make it big enough for you. My son is 34 lbs and fits in regular flip trainer. Plus you cask reuse the shell
ahess529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:28 AM   #3
SillyEllie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Diaper for a 4 year old at night?

I was leaning towards the flips. She has a small waist so I think they will fit but I'm concerned with the soaker. Do you think they are night time worthy? I know I could probably double up but she will complain if it's too bulky...
Old 10-09-2012, 09:32 AM   #4
FindingMercy
Registered Users
Formerly: Evie'sMama
seller

My Mood:
I'm not sure a fabric exists that is trim enough to hold a heavy wetting 5-year-old overnight without being a bit bulky. Would wearing a bulky overnight diaper help convince her to train? Or is it a SN issue?

How much are you spending on a pack of disposable trainers? How many of those will you have to buy before she night trains? If its more than $60 total, then why not buy a couple pairs of super undies? I would scoff more at the ongoing cost of disposable trainers than the price of a couple cloth trainers that can be used by future children of resold.

I blog about our family, trans-racial adoption, gluten-free cooking, and crafting

Last edited by FindingMercy; 10-09-2012 at 09:34 AM.
FindingMercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:36 AM   #5
SillyEllie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

well if it was up to me I would just buy the superundies but my husband isn't a fan of cloth anyways and he is the one who makes the money so I wouldn't even ask him to buy those because I know he will say no. She's no where close to night training so it will be a while until we are out of diapers at night
Old 10-09-2012, 09:42 AM   #6
Xanders
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by FindingMercy
I'm not sure a fabric exists that is trim enough to hold a heavy wetting 5-year-old overnight without being a bit bulky. Would wearing a bulky overnight diaper help convince her to train? Or is it a SN issue?

How much are you spending on a pack of disposable trainers? How many of those will you have to buy before she night trains? If its more than $60 total, then why not buy a couple pairs of super undies? I would scoff more at the ongoing cost of disposable trainers than the price of a couple cloth trainers that can be used by future children of resold.
Yeah, disposable trainers are very expensive & my trainers I listed on FSOT practically flew out the door. So, you can try & then recoup some.

Flips would be good, but the tabs don't adjust much (FYI). You can double up on the inserts by tucking them in.

Other good options are GroVia, Motherease Bedwetters, & super undies. I would get fleece longies to put over anything you get to keep sheets dry in case of leaks- they can double as pj pants & can be pulled up & down.
Xanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:54 AM   #7
The Fancy Pansy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I just saw flip trainers in the second sale at cotton babies! I haven't used them, but they might work for you.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:14 AM   #8
SillyEllie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

oh well, I might just have to stick to disposables at night for her. I can't convince my husband to spend $60+ on training pants. I think maybe I was looking for something that doesn't exist
Old 10-09-2012, 10:20 AM   #9
4boys1girlforme
Registered Users
Previously: 4boysforme
seller
seller

My Mood:

I like snap ez stuffable trainers- their sizing goes up to adult! You can stuff with anything you prefer and can change absorbency as necessary. My 4 year old son still wears a cd at night- I can use large FB (I think they are made in Turkey and run larger- we tried XL before that and they were too big- he's thin).
I stuff each one with 2 large OBB inserts and 1 large babykicks premium hemp insert.
Hemp babies bigger weeds would probably work well too and I see them on FSOT.
Lee Ann RN student/ SAHM to Jaret '00, Spencer '03, Preston '05 (CLW at 37 months), Griffin '08 by VBAC (CLW at 21 months), & Mallory '10 by VBAC (CLW at 43 months)! Formerly tandem & bfing for a combined total of nearly 11 years! Also cloth diapering & baby wearingMy HUGE FSOT

Last edited by 4boys1girlforme; 10-09-2012 at 10:22 AM.
4boys1girlforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:27 AM   #10
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

How about a Mother Ease XL AIO? Maybe not big enough, but my almost 5yo average sized DD can wear one. Then lay in something additional, like a flip organic or something equally absorbant.