Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-08-2012, 04:01 PM   #1
carlamitchell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
am i too short to wear and nurse?!

i have an ergo and a moby and i could never figure out how to nurse in either of them. in the ergo it just seemed like dd was too tall (even though she is really not!) or my torso is too short, and letting the straps out seemed like she would just flop everywhere. in the moby, for it to be tight enough to go back to regular wearing meant it was too tight to adjust her to nurse. i'm only 5 foot tall - thats right, 5 foot, no inches! have any other shorties found nursing while wearing a problem???

Advertisement

carlamitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:35 AM   #2
Shimpie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: am i too short to wear and nurse?!

I'm 5'1" and I could never get the positioning right either. I honestly didn't try very hard, though. Dd is my first, so there was no need to run after a toddler while nursing.

I would think a ring sling would work best for nursing.
Shimpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:59 AM   #3
Mom2jandb
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm 5'2" but with long legs and a short torso. I find it impossible to lower baby enough to nurse, but more so due to my large floppy breasts! I just. Can't. Do it.
Mom2jandb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:04 AM   #4
Done at 3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm 5'2" also and have never been able to make it work either :/ I am thinking I could possibly make it work in a ring sling but have never found them to be comfortable for me. Maybe I'm not wearing them right.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:06 AM   #5
CedarBabyLove
Registered Users

Same boat here... I'm 5'-2" and haven't found a way to nurse while wearing I always thought it had to do with my curvy-ness and breast size, but I suppose height could be a factor too.
CedarBabyLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:22 AM   #6
Lanae
Registered Users
Formerly: Lanae~1st time mom
seller

Location: Hawaii-Oahu, DH-Deployment to Iraq, My home state-TN
My Mood:
I'm only 5'0! I have been bw since Ds birth and still do now that he is 18+ mo old pm me! I have lots of recommendations! Depending on how big your baby is and if you want a box brand or wahm brand... I LOVED a Mei tei when Ds was smaller, then my boba and olives and applesauce brand. If more ppl are interested, I'll post more but no reason to make a lengthy post otherwise lol

Eta: sorry, I misread the title and thought you were looking for carrier suggestions... Suggestion for bf in ergo in next post

Last edited by Lanae; 09-11-2012 at 08:37 AM.
Lanae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:30 AM   #7
Lanae
Registered Users
Formerly: Lanae~1st time mom
seller

Location: Hawaii-Oahu, DH-Deployment to Iraq, My home state-TN
My Mood:
Ps... For nursing in the ergo, when you loosen your shoulder straps, loosen your waist a smidge and push the carrier lower which will give you a little more room to maneuver but, I always had to keep a hand on my boob to position it for bf in the ergo... It's just a sucky part of being short I think lol
Lanae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:39 AM   #8
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

5'1" I have never used an ergo or a moby. I have always used a ring sling. I have been able to breastfeed all 3 of my children while wearing them. I do need them to be in the cradle position. I did see someone nursing with their baby facing them and in a sitting or hip hold. They were taller though and had more torso room. When I tried this my son's bottom had to be far too low or his head would be right at my chin.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:53 PM   #9
thtr4me
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

All of 5'1" here, and I was able to successfully nurse in a wrap with DS in an upright position. These are older pics of me and DS1, but we are nursing in these photos:

Old 09-12-2012, 11:11 AM   #10
sweetest
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlamitchell View Post
i have an ergo and a moby and i could never figure out how to nurse in either of them. in the ergo it just seemed like dd was too tall (even though she is really not!) or my torso is too short, and letting the straps out seemed like she would just flop everywhere. in the moby, for it to be tight enough to go back to regular wearing meant it was too tight to adjust her to nurse. i'm only 5 foot tall - thats right, 5 foot, no inches! have any other shorties found nursing while wearing a problem???
I've wondered the same thing... I'm 5'5" so not really short but I have longer legs and a shorter torso. When I tried the Ergo my baby (who was only 12 -13 lbs at the time) sat really high and even with the straps loosened he came nowhere near my boob . It seemed like as he got older he would get even further away so I returned the Ergo. I'm also small chested, so I wonder if that is part of the problem? I'm still on the hunt for a ssc that I can nurse in!

I also, tried the Beco Butterfly and it was a little better for nursing but not as comfortable for wearing baby! I think I'm going to try the Boba next...
sweetest is offline   Reply With Quote