Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-05-2012, 04:33 PM   #11
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: so my finial numbers are in...

We tried for a second child for about 7 years.. By that time not only had I pretty much gotten rid of every CD I once owned but then the total excitment of another baby actually makingit to term meant I went a bit insane wanting to get and try all the "new" things.. I might have gone crazy and bought like a full stash of stuff like 3-4 times before the baby even arrived...

Deanna

Advertisement

Deanna mom to Cecilia 10-26-02 and Margaret 3-8-10
AZmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:05 PM   #12
mypeanut09
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I added mine up a couple months ago and I spent around $250 on my stash, I recently bought another $30 worth but it was gift money for me to spend on DD so I'm not counting that. I didn't include my accessories though because they can all be repurposed to use for other things.

I love Kissed by the Moon & I'd love it if you shopped my affiliate link! Feel free to PM me with any questions!

mypeanut09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:16 PM   #13
DiaperDiva
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That's not bad AT ALL! It makes me ashamed how much I have planned to spend O.o
Old 03-24-2013, 12:32 PM   #14
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

of course you do realize my stash has changed about 2-3 more times since I originally wrote this post..
I eventually sold off all my thirsties and freetimes and went to diaper safari pockets...
Eventually sold those for diaper safari covers and half prefolds half diaper safari inserts... Eventually put the prefolds (infant sized premium birdseye) into storage for a future baby as they weren't quite assorbant enough anymore and bought 6 more diaper safari inserts...

Still my numbers are still pretty accurate my current stash was bought well with in the money I got for what I sold but I should know better than to say I'm finished.

Deanna

Deanna mom to Cecilia 10-26-02 and Margaret 3-8-10
AZmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:36 PM   #15
DiaperDiva
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm counting on my savings being in what I make re-selling my diapers... totally not getting the "saving money" aspect down right at all. but there's so much I want :P I'm perhaps a bit too picky about something my baby is going to poop in and wanting too many poop-catcher options to choose from always on hand. Then at the same time I sometimes think: a simple stash would be so nice. Maybe I'll buy a bunch, see what I love, sell off, and simplify. Doubt it, but who knows...

Last edited by DiaperDiva; 03-24-2013 at 12:38 PM.
DiaperDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:22 PM   #16
nikkidonahue
Registered Users

My Mood:

I was just figuring this out myself. I have 32 pockets and the inserts they came with which are working well for my little guy. (I plan on making doublers out of a big pile of flannel receiving blankets I have but may buy some flour sack towels, but for now this is what I've got.)

I was gifted 9 of my diapers for my baby shower. I bought the rest and spent $152. I have 3 streaming baskets that I use for clean and dirty diapers. I don't have any wet bags, just use ziploc bags when we go out. No sprayer either as my little one is only two months old.
nikkidonahue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:39 PM   #17
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Lol yeah, as soon as you say "I'm finally done", that's when you know you're not!
Old 03-27-2013, 02:53 PM   #18
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

my LO is hopefully in the last nighttime trainers he will need. My number was approaching $1000. We are an aplix family and it only lasts about a year in my opinion so there was replacing -- and resell on diapers with bad aplix is pretty low. But we would have used eco friendly sposies so we still saved a few 100 dollars.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote