Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-13-2012, 12:45 PM   #11
mandabug2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l
Are you pregnant? That would be my first guess. I got PG 3 months after AF came back while nursing. I was only 6 months PP.
I honestly don't know. It seems like I'm late every month by a couple of days, but now I'm 14 days late, still cramping, but still no period :-/. I just don't want to waste money on a test just to have it be that my boys started nursing more again this month and I'm skipping this month all together, KWIM?

Advertisement

mandabug2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:27 PM   #12
Kozmom
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: BFing delay monthly period?

How did you ladies figure out you were pregnant while nursing? Simple at home test? Can breastfeeding give a false positive? My husband and I are excited for baby number two but want to make sure we know when it's on the way!
Kozmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:30 PM   #13
momma_dna
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozmom
How did you ladies figure out you were pregnant while nursing? Simple at home test? Can breastfeeding give a false positive? My husband and I are excited for baby number two but want to make sure we know when it's on the way!
My nipples started hurting really bad when DS nursed. I thought he changed his latch, turns out I was pregnant. We took an HPT. Also, there are no false positives, only false negatives.
momma_dna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:17 PM   #14
OHIOFIFI
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by momma_dna View Post
My nipples started hurting really bad when DS nursed. I thought he changed his latch, turns out I was pregnant. We took an HPT. Also, there are no false positives, only false negatives.
There are false positives. If you are taking certain types of meds like Ovidrel that contains the HCg hormone you can get a false positive. I am assuming you aren't taking fertility treatments so you should be good in that department.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:08 PM   #15
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
I'm so thankful to see this. I was coming to post the same thing, though my dh had a vasectomy 9 months ago. My cycles have been regular the last three months, aF was due on the 5th. I've had cramps but no period still. I cannot imagine I'm pregnant but I'm a very regular gal and dd is actually nursing less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momma_dna

After reading this I'm (stupidly- vasectomy...duh!!) worried. My nipples have been KILLING me for a few weeks and I thought for sure it's just her new teeth. It probably is.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:52 AM   #16
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIOFIFI View Post
There are false positives. If you are taking certain types of meds like Ovidrel that contains the HCg hormone you can get a false positive. I am assuming you aren't taking fertility treatments so you should be good in that department.
A faulty test can create a false positive (rare) as can using the same urine sample for both ovulation and pregnancy tests - the chemicals from the ovulation test can get into the urine and throw off the pregnancy test. A few extremely rare medical conditions can do it as well. All of those are extraordinarily rare, so in general if you get a positive result you're far more likely to be pregnant than anything else.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:00 AM   #17
momma_dna
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabritt
I'm so thankful to see this. I was coming to post the same thing, though my dh had a vasectomy 9 months ago. My cycles have been regular the last three months, aF was due on the 5th. I've had cramps but no period still. I cannot imagine I'm pregnant but I'm a very regular gal and dd is actually nursing less.

After reading this I'm (stupidly- vasectomy...duh!!) worried. My nipples have been KILLING me for a few weeks and I thought for sure it's just her new teeth. It probably is.
I'm not sure how common it is to get pregnant after the V but I too thought my nipple soreness was a combo of teeth and latch, turns out neither. Unfortunately, I miscarried and the nipple soreness stopped pretty much right when I did. If I were you I'd get an HPT.

Last edited by momma_dna; 10-17-2012 at 10:02 AM.
momma_dna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:06 PM   #18
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My nipples started hurting right around ovulation, so it could be that ovulation was just delayed and your period will start later than usual because of that...

But I agree that it's probably not the teeth making your nipples hurt. It's much more likely hormonal.
Old 10-17-2012, 01:08 PM   #19
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by momma_dna

I'm not sure how common it is to get pregnant after the V but I too thought my nipple soreness was a combo of teeth and latch, turns out neither. Unfortunately, I miscarried and the nipple soreness stopped pretty much right when I did. If I were you I'd get an HPT.
:/ Totally not what I want to do. But I do have a dollar tree up the road. Their tests are fairly reliable right?

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote