Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-05-2012, 05:02 PM   #11
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: curious about brands

Depends on financial. I'm like u I got fbos but not elites. Elites are tiny & not sure if really last til potty train but bg I think will help 4 lter. I had elites & I had almost all the way out in legs on my 6 month. I have old 10 snap with over lap snap & will definitely fit til over 50 lbs. I tried on my 50p lbs kid.....depwends on what u are doing like travel I hear if tight on space is flips or like to save on travel. I just have fbos & we travel & out & about with them fine.

Advertisement

abunchoflemons is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:12 PM   #12
A21Lee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Wink Re: curious about brands

It's pretty easy to defend a Mom's lack of loyalty to any one particular CD brand. You get advice from friends and family. You can do the research and decide what YOU like, but eventually you realize, it may not be what is best for baby or the family. It may look so cute on the bums of the baby on the package or on the website and you get it home and realize it doesn't fit your baby because they're a chunk or too skinny or they have a skin reaction to the material. You realize that there are benfits to certain types and risks with others. This can change as baby grows, too or even with subsequent children. What leaked when they were an infant is now a perfect fit now that they're a toddler. You find you prefer one kind of insert over another or one pattern over another. Or maybe you want to brave the task of making your own. You may grow tired of how long an AIO takes to dry and learn to love the fact that the g diaper pouch dries in seconds and you only have to change shells when they're soiled. Dad may have his say in what HE has to put on baby. If baby goes to daycare, THEY may have preferences as well. There are just so many variables to take into consideration, that it stands to reason that you really have to explore all the wonderful options and see how it goes. Give yourself permission to change your mind...many, many times. One thing I have found is that, despite changing our minds, you never really lose much money on trying something else. These wonderful cloth hand-me-overs seem to retain a lot of their value friend-to-friend or with subsequent children. Best of luck!
A21Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:21 PM   #13
ElianasMomma8147
Registered Users

Wow thank you ladies for all your responses! It has been a great help. My newest concern is wether or not to invest the extra $80-100 on buying new. This is my first baby and if I have a second I would like to be able to use them again. Is it really worth the extra $4-5 per diaper that ill be saving if they've already been through the ringer a few times.
Also I am really excited to see which category of mom I fall under. You ladies are all so very helpful and funny thank you!
ElianasMomma8147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:22 PM   #14
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElianasMomma8147 View Post
Wow thank you ladies for all your responses! It has been a great help. My newest concern is wether or not to invest the extra $80-100 on buying new. This is my first baby and if I have a second I would like to be able to use them again. Is it really worth the extra $4-5 per diaper that ill be saving if they've already been through the ringer a few times.
Also I am really excited to see which category of mom I fall under. You ladies are all so very helpful and funny thank you!
How about half new, half used?
Old 10-05-2012, 07:13 PM   #15
ElianasMomma8147
Registered Users

thats probably what im going to end up doing. I actually have been talking to this amazing mom on one of my mom to mom groups on facebook and she offered to GIVE me her lot of bum genius because she wants to keep as many diapers out of landfills possible. Which I am very grateful for but at the present time I do not know how many.
ElianasMomma8147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:24 PM   #16
bethj516
Registered Users
seller

At first, I thought I would use all pockets for OS diapers and prefolds for the newborn stage. I found out I hated prefolds but loved pockets and now I'm interested in trying some other solutions for nighttime, since my DD is a heavy wetter and pockets are leaking at night.
bethj516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:31 PM   #17
Yianna79
Registered Users

I like to have choices.

So I have, 6 osocozy pf, 5 thirsties duo hemp pf, 3 thirsties duo wraps, one blueberry coverall, 6 BG 4.0. 3 thirsties duo diapers, 2 happy heiny OS, 2 thirsties AIO, one pocket wahm and one ai2 wahm. I also have 1 smartipants and 2 large fb.

I have my favs (pf and covers and my wahm) but I like to try new things too. I'm done building my stash except I may splurge on a couple more wahm.
Yianna79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:36 PM   #18
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElianasMomma8147 View Post
Buying new gives you at least a 1 year warranty on most reputable brands, so that is something to consider!
RockinLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:05 PM   #19
jacandy
Registered Users
seller

Oh man I'm def type 3

http://www.iheartfrugality.com
jacandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:11 PM   #20
mypeanut09
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have about 8 different brands and most of that is because of Mystery Fluff from Kissed by the Moon. It's an awesome way to try diapers and you might even find one you love! You also get a bit of a discount on new diapers that way and it's fun because it's like Christmas but it's diapers! I also like having a few different brands because then you have more color and pattern options. But I am a fluff addict, but a pretty well controlled one.

I love Kissed by the Moon & I'd love it if you shopped my affiliate link! Feel free to PM me with any questions!

mypeanut09 is offline   Reply With Quote