Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-05-2012, 02:14 PM   #11
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: complicated....car wreck while pregnant, baby with "issues"

ok thanks. she just really got to me. she asked me "what if you never know for sure the wreck caused it" and i said her customer should have considered that before plowing into my car as of right now the drs cant say the wreck didnt cause it, and had he not hit us and she had issues it wouldnt be a concern...does that make sense?

Advertisement

JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:17 PM   #12
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortcake2386 View Post
ok thanks. she just really got to me. she asked me "what if you never know for sure the wreck caused it" and i said her customer should have considered that before plowing into my car as of right now the drs cant say the wreck didnt cause it, and had he not hit us and she had issues it wouldnt be a concern...does that make sense?
Do not question yourself. You are right. You were not the drunk that ran into a pregnant woman's car and could have done neurological damage to her unborn child. He has no choice but to wait and find out. Whether that be in 30 minutes or 30 years. Should have thought about that before sipping on the booze and driving a large vehicle around after.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:18 PM   #13
mamaerica
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Do not settle, Mama.

mamaerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:18 PM   #14
The Fancy Pansy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would refuse to even take the insurance's calls until I talked to a lawyer, having BTDT with an injury case of my own. The insurance will try to trick you into saying things they can use against you in court (aka *phone rings* hi, how are you? good! Oh, she said she was fine! blah blah blah).
Old 10-05-2012, 02:19 PM   #15
whitneywalters
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You are doing the right things. I hope you get answers soon!
whitneywalters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:19 PM   #16
Mom2lucy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Can you just send their calls to voicemail and ignore them for a while? Who says you have to answer your phone, kwim?
Mom2lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:20 PM   #17
leyash
Registered Users
seller

My family was in a car accident September 16th, 2011. My youngest (3 at the time) went unconscious and had impact seizures. We were sitting still, and the drunk guy hit us from behind at 60mph. Our car was totaled. I have permanent back problems, and an unhealed whiplash that has caused cervical spine problems as well.

My 3 year old was in PICU for 6 days, had two brain surgeries, was intubated and in a medical coma for 6 days. He was then moved to intermediate care for another 6 days. He's made a full recovery, but had to learn how to walk/eat/talk again. He couldn't even sit up when he first woke, after the accident. He had physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy.

Looking at him now, he's 100% better. Same old kid he was before. We're one of the lucky ones, but I'll be darned if that wasn't the hardest thing I've ever gone through in my life.

My point?

Last edited by leyash; 10-05-2012 at 02:47 PM.
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:23 PM   #18
leyash
Registered Users
seller

And we get calls currently (because our case isn't closed/done), and I answer, when they ask for me, I say "This is her. Who is this?" When they tell me, I say, "When I am ready to talk to you, I will call you. Until then, talk to my attorney. Thank you."

If you don't have an attorney, tell them, "I've not yet made a decision. Until I do, don't call me again. Thank you."

You do NOT have to talk to them. You don't owe them crap. They are trying to get you to settle before you find anything out, so that it's less money that they might have to pay.
Old 10-05-2012, 02:23 PM   #19
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by leyash View Post
edited out
omg thats scary we were told we were luck bc we were both moving. i was going 35ish and he was going a bit faster when he rammed me(i say this bc his actions before hand were erratic, i already had my eye on him) if we had been still it would have been very bad. we spun across 3 lanes of traffic and didnt hit anyone else so thats a huge miracle
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops

Last edited by shortcake2386; 10-05-2012 at 06:59 PM.
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:25 PM   #20
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortcake2386 View Post
omg thats scary we were told we were luck bc we were both moving. i was going 35ish and he was going a bit faster when he rammed me(i say this bc his actions before hand were erratic, i already had my eye on him) if we had been still it would have been very bad. we spun across 3 lanes of traffic and didnt hit anyone else so thats a huge miracle
Yeah, it is. We got pushed forward about 20 feet when he hit us. That was only because my husband's foot was on the brake.We spun around twice before coming to a stop facing the opposite direction on the other side of the road.