Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-05-2012, 04:56 PM   #41
ajane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'm so sorry mama. That is horrible. You def need to get a lawyer. I'm pretty sure you can retain one for a pretty low price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2lucy
Sounds to me like his insurance thinks you may have a case too and are trying to settle do they don't have to pay. I think your doing the right thing.
Absolutely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fancy Pansy

I would refuse to even take the insurance's calls until I talked to a lawyer, having BTDT with an injury case of my own. The insurance will try to trick you into saying things they can use against you in court (aka *phone rings* hi, how are you? good! Oh, she said she was fine! blah blah blah).
Agree.

Advertisement

Old 10-05-2012, 05:12 PM   #42
igotmywings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: complicated....car wreck while pregnant, baby with "issues"

I would send a cease and desist letter and tell them all corespondents must be in writing
Follow me at The Whole Adventure I AM DESTASHING EVERYTHING. FROM BGE ORIGINALS, ALVA BABY POCKETS, PREFOLDS, THIRSTIE DUO SIZE 2'S POCKETS GOODMAMAS, AND MUCH MUCH MORE MESSAGE ME IF YOU ARE ISO ANYTHING
igotmywings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:40 PM   #43
A21Lee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So sorry this happened to you. I agree. Don't settle. Some family members of mine were involved in an accident. Everyone else was fine, but they were hit so hard, that the baby's car seat broke. She sustained a lot of head trauma and a partially amputated finger. That's the least of her problems, unfortunately. She has a learning disability that affects her short term memory, so she needs tutoring and special classes, not to mention, several surgeries immediately following the accident to save her finger (that never took) and cosmetic surgeries now that she's older. She has needed extensive orthodontics as well. Who knows what else this injury may cause for her in the future, but because they didn't settle, she will have everything she needs taken care of. While I realize the difference is that you were pregnant, you cannot discount the affect this had or will have on your child until it's completely investigated. Doctor's may never be able to say 100% that the accident caused your child harm, but the potential is all that they really need to know. Hopefully, it won't be needed, but the person responsible for any potential injury to your child should be responsbile for any therapy or treatements or testing that might be needed in the future. You don't want to have to be responsible for that. It's the insurance company's job to bully you, but you don't have to make it easy on them or stressful for you. I agree you should get an attorney and not answer your phone or funnel all calls to your lawyer. Let them do their job. Best of luck. I hope it all works out and you get what you need for your family.
A21Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:49 PM   #44
lilannies mama
Registered Users
seller

Totally agree with you do not settle!!! There's no use in insurance companies being the way they are. We had a bad experience with an insurance company where a stupid woman did an illegal u turn & hit me they will not stop. I mean seriously do people not realize its against the law to drive drunk I think you deserve something just for that. Then not to mention the baby I'm telling you if I was a cop lol the world would be in trouble. I hope you get your answers & don't let that insurance company get the best of you!!
lilannies mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:11 PM   #45
pumkinsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm so sorry that your little baby is suffering. How far pregnant were you when this happened? I doubt it can be traced to the accident. But you still should have a lawyer look into it just in case.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:25 PM   #46
*Peanut*
Registered Users
seller
seller

Sorry about the accident, mama. I agree, do not settle. You cannot go back and ask for more money, even if you find she has more problems as a direct result from the accident. So you really do need to figure out exactly what they owe you and what types of therapy your dd needs before you even think about settling.