Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-09-2012, 04:46 PM   #121
sandhillcranes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Being NON-judgemental IS better than being judgemental. That is a FACT. or wait, maybe its jmo. Lol. Nope. Its a fact.
If you can live your own life without judging others you are a better person than someone who is constantly judging others.

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum

Advertisement

Old 10-09-2012, 04:50 PM   #122
harmoni247
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

Re: Do you ever feel judged regarding not circumcising?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhillcranes View Post
Being NON-judgemental IS better than being judgemental. That is a FACT. or wait, maybe its jmo. Lol. Nope. Its a fact.
If you can live your own life without judging others you are a better person than someone who is constantly judging others.

If we had NO people willing to dole out judgement we would have no laws and no law enforcement. If you are not an anarchist, you benefit from judgement. Life is not black and white/good or bad.
harmoni247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:53 PM   #123
sandhillcranes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by harmoni247

If we had NO people willing to dole out judgement we would have no laws and no law enforcement. If you are not an anarchist, you benefit from judgement. Life is not black and white/good or bad.
Whoa, tense. It was a joke. Whoa. Did i walk into a thread thats about to be locked and didnt know it?! Lol

Old 10-09-2012, 04:53 PM   #124
Terra
Drinks her not-just-a-smoothie pina coladas in ALL CAPS in front of her preschoolers before she takes her CDs and goes home.
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmoni247 View Post
I see what you are saying here, I think in general with parenting stuff is where she's coming from. But I really had to reply because you made another good point [that I bolded], stop with those good points, will ya

That's my thing with parenting, there is no black and white, but this very issue can be black and white to many people. But a gray area to others, and back to not black and white. Kind of like a never ending circle.
Terra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:57 PM   #125
harmoni247
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhillcranes View Post
Whoa, tense. It was a joke. Whoa. Did i walk into a thread thats about to be locked and didnt know it?! Lol

Sorry I couldn't tell.
Old 10-09-2012, 05:02 PM   #126
harmoni247
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra View Post
I see what you are saying here, I think in general with parenting stuff is where she's coming from. But I really had to reply because you made another good point [that I bolded], stop with those good points, will ya

That's my thing with parenting, there is no black and white, but this very issue can be black and white to many people. But a gray area to others, and back to not black and white. Kind of like a never ending circle.
Yep, this is VERY true.

And I have to think more about that phrase "when you know better you do better". I still use that in certain arenas and have a hard time seeing it any other way when applied to the exploitation of humans for greed. So something's not lining up in my brain. Maybe I need to reevaluate that phrase.
Old 10-09-2012, 05:09 PM   #127
Terra
Drinks her not-just-a-smoothie pina coladas in ALL CAPS in front of her preschoolers before she takes her CDs and goes home.
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmoni247 View Post
Yep, this is VERY true.

And I have to think more about that phrase "when you know better you do better". I still use that in certain arenas and have a hard time seeing it any other way when applied to the exploitation of humans for greed. So something's not lining up in my brain. Maybe I need to reevaluate that phrase.
Oh no I think it IS true in cases. Again I think it can all be an endless circle [for anything] because like you said we all learn and grow in different ways.

I agree on the human exploitation for greed [I'm thinking of governments who allow their own to go through famines when it's well within their means to help]. And of course just as an example, let's say an addict like my father who does re-hab, betters himself, etc...that is truly a case of knowing better/doing better!
Old 10-09-2012, 05:23 PM   #128
crunch!910
Registered Users

I know how to pick my battles. And in all honesty, I do feel the way I've chosen to do things are best, and that is why I do them. I know that I'm imperfect and strive to be a better person and mother daily. When it come to parenting issues, I do believe there are superior ways, but don't belittle those that choose different.
But, male genital mutilation, or what people in the US like to affectionately call routine infant circumcision, is NOT a parenting issue, it is a HUMAN RIGHTS issue.
Old 10-09-2012, 05:26 PM   #129
DesertRat
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra View Post

I agree with you about all those other parenting issues. Everyone is different. Circumstances are different and in the end, all that matters is that we love our kids and do our best. However, when it comes to circumcision I can't be neutral. I used to be. At first I figured it was just a parenting decision. The more I've read and the more I've researched, the more it bothers me. I mean, it's legal. People can do it if they want. But it's disturbing to me that as a society we think it's totally normal to cut off part of a child's genitals. And so while parents are allowed to make that choice for their child, I will continue to politely and respectfully talk about it in hopes of changing other people's opinions about circumcision.
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:30 PM   #130
Terra
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post
I agree with you about all those other parenting issues. Everyone is different. Circumstances are different and in the end, all that matters is that we love our kids and do our best. However, when it comes to circumcision I can't be neutral. I used to be. At first I figured it was just a parenting decision. The more I've read and the more I've researched, the more it bothers me. I mean, it's legal. People can do it if they want. But it's disturbing to me that as a society we think it's totally normal to cut off part of a child's genitals. And so while parents are allowed to make that choice for their child, I will continue to politely and respectfully talk about it in hopes of changing other people's opinions about circumcision.
I think that makes all the difference in it And you've always been kind about it I do feel like it was the best for us to let our second son stay intact and let him decide. If he wants too do it on his own, then I support it.
If someone asks me about my own experience I'll tell them. I guess I'm just not an in your face person but more like you, I'd be respectful about it.