Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-09-2012, 05:55 PM   #131
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I like the new Terra.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Advertisement

JeDeeLenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:08 PM   #132
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat

I agree with you about all those other parenting issues. Everyone is different. Circumstances are different and in the end, all that matters is that we love our kids and do our best. However, when it comes to circumcision I can't be neutral. I used to be. At first I figured it was just a parenting decision. The more I've read and the more I've researched, the more it bothers me. I mean, it's legal. People can do it if they want. But it's disturbing to me that as a society we think it's totally normal to cut off part of a child's genitals. And so while parents are allowed to make that choice for their child, I will continue to politely and respectfully talk about it in hopes of changing other people's opinions about circumcision.
I agree. DH and I both think its a human rights issue.

We kept DS intact after a lot of research. The older DS got the more DH research what he was missing and what we could do about it. He decided to start doing Foreskin Restoration a year ago. In the last year he has regained sooo much feeling and isnt anywhere near being done.

He really cant believe what was taken from him and feels its never a parents decision to remove part of someone elses genitals. He'll never get the nerve ending back that were cut off but he is gaining sensitivity on his glans and is amazing at the difference. Because of this I cant and will never be "ok" with circ.

Amanda . Blaming my phone for typos and crap.
Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016
kushie tushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:24 PM   #133
Terra
Drinks her not-just-a-smoothie pina coladas in ALL CAPS in front of her preschoolers before she takes her CDs and goes home.
seller

My Mood:
Re: Do you ever feel judged regarding not circumcising?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeDeeLenae View Post
I like the new Terra.

thank you!
Terra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:30 PM   #134
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra

thank you!
I've found myself pretty much at the same point in life. I could sit online and take a stance on something and probably make someone feel wrong because they think differently, but what's the point? Instead, I'm setting myself up to be in a position to actually do something. The microcosm of DS just isn't my debate ring anymore.

JeDeeLenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:55 PM   #135
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeDeeLenae

I've found myself pretty much at the same point in life. I could sit online and take a stance on something and probably make someone feel wrong because they think differently, but what's the point? Instead, I'm setting myself up to be in a position to actually do something. The microcosm of DS just isn't my debate ring anymore.

I can't engage in this discussion because my head will explode! But I just had to come and.say that I love the new terra. I love the old terra. I like her if she circs or vaxes or doesn't because she is a sweet and awesome person.

And I pretty much feel the same way about cassie because this post is perfect. You can come on ds and debate and berate and judge or not judge and the world will continue to go round. You might as well beat your head against a wall for all the good it will do.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:26 PM   #136
nohollyhomaker
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I never been judged for it even in a state the supposedly has higher rates than other states (no stats are kept but that what the pediatrician says) A lot of my friends are pretty crunchy though so being left intact isn't out of the norm with my friends. If I did get a comment I would hopefully be able to educate the person and not get flustered like I sometimes do in those situations.
nohollyhomaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:59 PM   #137
s@hmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by linz2491 View Post
Reverse circumcising a baby girl instead of a baby boy and that is how disgusted intactivists feel. would you consider circumcising (not 3rd/4th degree) a girl of any degree genital mutilation?
I am sorry but I have to comment on this. This is an incredibly ridiculous argument and I will guarantee you aren't going to change many peoples mind by using it. This thread is full of judgement for those that choose to circ, yet you (general) feel judged?
s@hmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:18 PM   #138
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by s@hmommy

I am sorry but I have to comment on this. This is an incredibly ridiculous argument and I will guarantee you aren't going to change many peoples mind by using it. This thread is full of judgement for those that choose to circ, yet you (general) feel judged?
I'm pretty sure most of the poster in this thread say they didnt feel judged.

Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016
Old 10-09-2012, 08:34 PM   #139
s@hmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushie tushie View Post
I'm pretty sure most of the poster in this thread say they didnt feel judged.

I can see that. There were some that DID feel judged though. It was more a generalize response to the original question.
s@hmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:55 PM   #140
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by s@hmommy

I can see that. There were some that DID feel judged though. It was more a generalize response to the original question.
Ok but those mamas didnt say they questioned or regretted not circing. All they were saying was that people who dont understand the function of the foreskin made comments as to why someone wouldnt circ making them feel judged. Not sure whats confusing about that