Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2012, 09:29 AM   #1
snorris2's Avatar
snorris2
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: North Alabama
Posts: 887
My Mood:
Oh Motrin, please kick in...

Some days, I really hate being a woman. My period was late again this month and now it's horribly painful. I feel like my uterus is being twisted and turned every which way. Are there any natural remedies for this?
I already use only mama cloth and menstrual cup. I only use mama cloth at home. I just want it not to hurt so bad. I have a tilted uterus. Can that make it worse?

Advertisement

snorris2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:36 PM   #2
TwinKristi's Avatar
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Petaluma, CA
Posts: 14,304
My Mood:
800mg of Motrin every 4-6hrs from the moment you know it's starting. Some people start with spotting, I start with a gush, but as soon as it starts! My last Gyn recommended I do that after I had horrible bleeding and clots. I'm super sore too during AF... I hate it!
__________________
Kristi, Mommy to Josh & Nick (identical twins 6-97) Nathen (3-02), Joey (2-04), Jacob (11-05) & Aaron (12-11) I sell Tupperware!
"A person's a person, no matter how small..." Dr Seuss
TwinKristi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:55 PM   #3
Tati&Malika's Mom
Registered Users
Formerly: Tati's mom
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 431
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinKristi
800mg of Motrin every 4-6hrs from the moment you know it's starting. Some people start with spotting, I start with a gush, but as soon as it starts! My last Gyn recommended I do that after I had horrible bleeding and clots. I'm super sore too during AF... I hate it!
The MAXIMUM dose of ibuprofen (Advil or Motrin) is 1800mg a day, 800mg 4 times a day is almost double that... It can cause lots of problems including stomach ulcers, not something you wanna deal with!
__________________
Melanie - new to ERFing, Vaxing, Mommy to Tatiana (09.04.18) and Malika (10.06.27)!
Tati&Malika's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:06 PM   #4
leyash's Avatar
leyash
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,913
Re: Oh Motrin, please kick in...

Peppermint tea.

I deal with HORRID periods. Drinking a pretty hot cup of peppermint tea really helps. Believe it or not, massaging it helps too. Just pushing super hard on your uterus.
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:11 AM   #5
TwinKristi's Avatar
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Petaluma, CA
Posts: 14,304
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tati&Malika's Mom

The MAXIMUM dose of ibuprofen (Advil or Motrin) is 1800mg a day, 800mg 4 times a day is almost double that... It can cause lots of problems including stomach ulcers, not something you wanna deal with!
Well I've been doing it for a couple years minus my pregnancy and personally don't have problems with it. I have been given high doses of Motrin to control bleeding in the past as well. Obviously it's not something someone should just "do" for nothing, but if you're having heavy periods and extreme cramping and clots than its a viable option for 5 days out of the month.
This link says 2400mg is the maximum dose so 800mg every 6 hrs less sleep is 2400mg. People with sensitive stomachs may not want to do this but it's been a life saver for me.
http://articles.cnn.com/2007-09-25/h...s?_s=PM:HEALTH
__________________
Kristi, Mommy to Josh & Nick (identical twins 6-97) Nathen (3-02), Joey (2-04), Jacob (11-05) & Aaron (12-11) I sell Tupperware!
"A person's a person, no matter how small..." Dr Seuss
TwinKristi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:31 AM   #6
Tati&Malika's Mom
Registered Users
Formerly: Tati's mom
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 431
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinKristi

Well I've been doing it for a couple years minus my pregnancy and personally don't have problems with it. I have been given high doses of Motrin to control bleeding in the past as well. Obviously it's not something someone should just "do" for nothing, but if you're having heavy periods and extreme cramping and clots than its a viable option for 5 days out of the month.
This link says 2400mg is the maximum dose so 800mg every 6 hrs less sleep is 2400mg. People with sensitive stomachs may not want to do this but it's been a life saver for me.
http://articles.cnn.com/2007-09-25/h...s?_s=PM:HEALTH
It should be done only under doctor supervision, we see LOTS of patients in the ER with complications due to NSAID (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory) use!
__________________
Melanie - new to ERFing, Vaxing, Mommy to Tatiana (09.04.18) and Malika (10.06.27)!
Tati&Malika's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:45 AM   #7
MarieSeeking
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tati&Malika's Mom

It should be done only under doctor supervision, we see LOTS of patients in the ER with complications due to NSAID (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory) use!
That's funny because in the military, 800 mg Ibuprofen is standard issue. Lol. We have gobs of it at home.
MarieSeeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:25 AM   #8
Done at 3's Avatar
Done at 3
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NC
Posts: 777
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieSeeking

That's funny because in the military, 800 mg Ibuprofen is standard issue. Lol. We have gobs of it at home.
So true. We joke that you could go in with an arm falling off and they will give you ibuprofen. It cures everything
__________________
Lindsay- wife to my Soldier & SAHM to Gavin 3/06 Liam 5/09 and Collin 8/12
Done at 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:08 AM   #9
snorris2's Avatar
snorris2
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: North Alabama
Posts: 887
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinKristi
800mg of Motrin every 4-6hrs from the moment you know it's starting. Some people start with spotting, I start with a gush, but as soon as it starts! My last Gyn recommended I do that after I had horrible bleeding and clots. I'm super sore too during AF... I hate it!
This is exactly wha t I do. Nothing else touches the pain.
snorris2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:09 AM   #10
snorris2's Avatar
snorris2
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: North Alabama
Posts: 887
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by leyash
Peppermint tea.

I deal with HORRID periods. Drinking a pretty hot cup of peppermint tea really helps. Believe it or not, massaging it helps too. Just pushing super hard on your uterus.
I'll have to try this.
snorris2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.