Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-05-2012, 09:29 AM   #1
snorris2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Oh Motrin, please kick in...

Some days, I really hate being a woman. My period was late again this month and now it's horribly painful. I feel like my uterus is being twisted and turned every which way. Are there any natural remedies for this?
I already use only mama cloth and menstrual cup. I only use mama cloth at home. I just want it not to hurt so bad. I have a tilted uterus. Can that make it worse?

Advertisement

snorris2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:36 PM   #2
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
800mg of Motrin every 4-6hrs from the moment you know it's starting. Some people start with spotting, I start with a gush, but as soon as it starts! My last Gyn recommended I do that after I had horrible bleeding and clots. I'm super sore too during AF... I hate it!
Old 10-05-2012, 02:55 PM   #3
Tati&Malika's Mom
Registered Users
Formerly: Tati's mom
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinKristi
800mg of Motrin every 4-6hrs from the moment you know it's starting. Some people start with spotting, I start with a gush, but as soon as it starts! My last Gyn recommended I do that after I had horrible bleeding and clots. I'm super sore too during AF... I hate it!
The MAXIMUM dose of ibuprofen (Advil or Motrin) is 1800mg a day, 800mg 4 times a day is almost double that... It can cause lots of problems including stomach ulcers, not something you wanna deal with!
Old 10-05-2012, 03:06 PM   #4
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Re: Oh Motrin, please kick in...

Peppermint tea.

I deal with HORRID periods. Drinking a pretty hot cup of peppermint tea really helps. Believe it or not, massaging it helps too. Just pushing super hard on your uterus.
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:11 AM   #5
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tati&Malika's Mom

The MAXIMUM dose of ibuprofen (Advil or Motrin) is 1800mg a day, 800mg 4 times a day is almost double that... It can cause lots of problems including stomach ulcers, not something you wanna deal with!
Well I've been doing it for a couple years minus my pregnancy and personally don't have problems with it. I have been given high doses of Motrin to control bleeding in the past as well. Obviously it's not something someone should just "do" for nothing, but if you're having heavy periods and extreme cramping and clots than its a viable option for 5 days out of the month.
This link says 2400mg is the maximum dose so 800mg every 6 hrs less sleep is 2400mg. People with sensitive stomachs may not want to do this but it's been a life saver for me.
http://articles.cnn.com/2007-09-25/h...s?_s=PM:HEALTH
Old 10-06-2012, 05:31 AM   #6
Tati&Malika's Mom
Registered Users
Formerly: Tati's mom
seller

Quote:

Well I've been doing it for a couple years minus my pregnancy and personally don't have problems with it. I have been given high doses of Motrin to control bleeding in the past as well. Obviously it's not something someone should just "do" for nothing, but if you're having heavy periods and extreme cramping and clots than its a viable option for 5 days out of the month.
This link says 2400mg is the maximum dose so 800mg every 6 hrs less sleep is 2400mg. People with sensitive stomachs may not want to do this but it's been a life saver for me.
http://articles.cnn.com/2007-09-25/h...s?_s=PM:HEALTH
It should be done only under doctor supervision, we see LOTS of patients in the ER with complications due to NSAID (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory) use!
Old 10-06-2012, 05:45 AM   #7
MarieSeeking
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tati&Malika's Mom

It should be done only under doctor supervision, we see LOTS of patients in the ER with complications due to NSAID (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory) use!
That's funny because in the military, 800 mg Ibuprofen is standard issue. Lol. We have gobs of it at home.
MarieSeeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:25 AM   #8
Done at 3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieSeeking

That's funny because in the military, 800 mg Ibuprofen is standard issue. Lol. We have gobs of it at home.
So true. We joke that you could go in with an arm falling off and they will give you ibuprofen. It cures everything
Old 10-06-2012, 08:08 AM   #9
snorris2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
This is exactly wha t I do. Nothing else touches the pain.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:09 AM   #10
snorris2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by leyash
Peppermint tea.

I deal with HORRID periods. Drinking a pretty hot cup of peppermint tea really helps. Believe it or not, massaging it helps too. Just pushing super hard on your uterus.
I'll have to try this.