Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-06-2012, 05:43 AM   #11
MarieSeeking
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rewind_Selector
I do this at work. I don't curse because, customer or not it is not professional and i would hate for my supervisor to hear me saying such stuff. I do however put a customer on hold or mute my phone and rant about their stupidity or bad attitude. It doesn't mean I don't like my job. It does mean that I don't like the disgusting customers I have to deal with throughout the day.
When people call and are nasty rude from the get go(not saying you were nasty OP) don't realize they are ruining their chances of getting what they want. Some of my accounts I DO have the ability to comp them for this or that but it is at my discretion. When I get told I need to close my mouth and listen with BOTH my ears, nope sorry, I'm not going to honor your expired coupon. It's expired. But call in and say you have a problem you would like me to help you resolve I would be happy to refund you the difference of the items you bought that are now on sale.
Not saying you were wrong for asking for a sup or getting comped for the reps rudeness. Just giving a little inside perspective from a customer service rep.
I think OP probably knows why. Doesn't make it right. She should have known she was hot on her mic.

Advertisement

MarieSeeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:45 AM   #12
Done at 3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Wow! I would be trying to crawl through the phone lines!
Old 10-06-2012, 05:47 AM   #13
proudsahmof4
Registered Users
Formerly: proudsahmof3
seller

My Mood:
Re: The Verizon lady...

Shameless. She should be fired.
Old 10-06-2012, 06:54 AM   #14
mg5g
Self Ban

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rewind_Selector View Post
I do this at work. I don't curse because, customer or not it is not professional and i would hate for my supervisor to hear me saying such stuff. I do however put a customer on hold or mute my phone and rant about their stupidity or bad attitude. It doesn't mean I don't like my job. It does mean that I don't like the disgusting customers I have to deal with throughout the day.
When people call and are nasty rude from the get go(not saying you were nasty OP) don't realize they are ruining their chances of getting what they want. Some of my accounts I DO have the ability to comp them for this or that but it is at my discretion. When I get told I need to close my mouth and listen with BOTH my ears, nope sorry, I'm not going to honor your expired coupon. It's expired. But call in and say you have a problem you would like me to help you resolve I would be happy to refund you the difference of the items you bought that are now on sale.
Not saying you were wrong for asking for a sup or getting comped for the reps rudeness. Just giving a little inside perspective from a customer service rep.
See but you shouldn't be doing that. I KNOW people treat CS reps like crap BUT it is part of the job and all it takes is ONCE to accidentally get over-heard on the line or by someone walking by and you've lost your job. I used to work at a large hospital and would get crap from both people calling AND from the medical staff - we had training on professionalism at ALL TIMES even when the phone is off. Some people just can't take the abuse and that is totally ok it's a crap job BUT if you can't work it without keeping comments to yourself you shouldn't be doing that job. (PP this isn't directed to you - it is more an in general warning.)

Part of the problem I had, and I think many of us have is that people don't realize that we aren't just a ninny who answers a phone. You (PP) handle accounts, I used to be in charge of EIGHT entire hospital's alarm and paging systems. All the medical teams for all the codes (like on ER shows a code blue - I was the one who co-ordinated getting everyone to get there) abd all the like fire alarms etc came to me ... HOWEVER everyone thought I was just a underpaid lacky who answered a phone instead of a high paid, very stressed, control center operator - my office used to look like an aircraft control room!

Last edited by mg5g; 10-06-2012 at 06:56 AM.
mg5g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:07 AM   #15
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rewind_Selector View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom1mg View Post
See but you shouldn't be doing that.

And it isn't just unprofessional to curse - calling someone a retard, talking about their stupidity... those are equally as unprofessional.
Taking a breather from a call to say "OMGosh. What a rotten attitude this person has." would be... borderline even. But as a customer, if I overheard that, I would be taking my business elsewhere.

OP - Holy whoa. I'm glad you got a month free, I hope you get your refund (WTF is up with telling you you won't get it back and to forget about that?!!! Umm... they have your money, and aren't giving it back? Sure, just don't worry about that. ), and I hope you take your business elsewhere before having to pay them anything more.
Good for you for immediately asking to go above her head I hope she gets seriously reprimanded for that - I'm gonna guess it's not the first time she's ranted, called names, or been unprofessional!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:28 AM   #16
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:

That was really idiotic of her. Something that she may not know is that her supervisors if they're recording the call can hear everything she says on the recording REGARDLESS of if she's got it muted or not.

How do I know? I worked for a major hotel chain several years ago in a call center. Several of the hotels either overflowed their reservations calls to the center or didn't have reservation departments at all, and we'd take all their calls, and we were suppposed to act like we were at the hotel. If someone asked outright, we weren't supposed to lie, but otherwise we were supposed to leave the impression that we were at the hotel. A local radio station prank called the hotel and got me instead, and they were trying to book a room using clips from Schwarzenegger movies, so naturally once I caught on, I was giggling up a storm, muting the mic and trying to compose myself before unmuting it. The call got recorded, and my PDL could hear everything, including me giggling. There was an indication on the recording software that I'd hit mute, but they could hear everything.

That was several years ago and apparently they play that recording still during training sessions.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:40 AM   #17
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

nd that's how I felt not same experience exactly with usc. I have never had someone like that. I try to find reps I like & get them to call me back. All of mine for vzw have been nice on phone at least & understanding.....on hold idk. Hugs. I would b p off.
abunchoflemons is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:48 AM   #18
babycat42
Registered Users
seller
seller

I am not surprised in the slightest. My Dh used to work for verizon wireless call center.
babycat42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:49 AM   #19
thealmightyme
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Computermama
That was really idiotic of her. Something that she may not know is that her supervisors if they're recording the call can hear everything she says on the recording REGARDLESS of if she's got it muted or not.

How do I know? I worked for a major hotel chain several years ago in a call center. Several of the hotels either overflowed their reservations calls to the center or didn't have reservation departments at all, and we'd take all their calls, and we were suppposed to act like we were at the hotel. If someone asked outright, we weren't supposed to lie, but otherwise we were supposed to leave the impression that we were at the hotel. A local radio station prank called the hotel and got me instead, and they were trying to book a room using clips from Schwarzenegger movies, so naturally once I caught on, I was giggling up a storm, muting the mic and trying to compose myself before unmuting it. The call got recorded, and my PDL could hear everything, including me giggling. There was an indication on the recording software that I'd hit mute, but they could hear everything.

That was several years ago and apparently they play that recording still during training sessions.
Did you work for Starwood?
thealmightyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:54 AM   #20
greencrunchymama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Wow, that is unbelievable! I would have been livid too.