Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-06-2012, 07:57 AM   #21
justsamma
Registered Users
seller

Re: The Verizon lady...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rewind_Selector View Post
I do this at work. I don't curse because, customer or not it is not professional and i would hate for my supervisor to hear me saying such stuff. I do however put a customer on hold or mute my phone and rant about their stupidity or bad attitude. It doesn't mean I don't like my job. It does mean that I don't like the disgusting customers I have to deal with throughout the day.
When people call and are nasty rude from the get go(not saying you were nasty OP) don't realize they are ruining their chances of getting what they want. Some of my accounts I DO have the ability to comp them for this or that but it is at my discretion. When I get told I need to close my mouth and listen with BOTH my ears, nope sorry, I'm not going to honor your expired coupon. It's expired. But call in and say you have a problem you would like me to help you resolve I would be happy to refund you the difference of the items you bought that are now on sale.
Not saying you were wrong for asking for a sup or getting comped for the reps rudeness. Just giving a little inside perspective from a customer service rep.
I do it too. She is stupid for not making sure she was double muted & on hold, but she wont make that same mistake again im sure.

i'm glad you got compensation though.

It isnt strange for us to put people on hold to rant to co-workers. CSR's, especially in call centers get treated like **** everyday. I do tech support for a big smart phone company and every.single.day i am getting cussed out because *I* cannot replace the device that their service provider sold them & holds the warranty for.
Is it right that we vent to co-workers? Probably not.
Is it right that we say things much worse than calling a customer a retard while they are on hold? Nope.
But just because we do CSR doesn't mean we poop rainbows & live in a world where the customer is always right because that is really not the case.

Advertisement

justsamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:14 AM   #22
babycat42
Registered Users
seller
seller

I woke up Dh to share this with him. He said that per verizon standards she would have been immediately fired and walked out by security.

And he says whenever they mute themselves they are pretty much definitely cussing you out.
babycat42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:33 AM   #23
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

What a doofus. I screwed up once and didn't realize I didn't have the customer on hold once. But I wasn't whining about her, I was whining about how cold it was outside lol. Whew!!! Customer on the phone made a direct comment to let me know she was still listening and from that point on I ALWAYS made sure I had the hold on...like double and triple checking the light lol.

But, I do have to say, complaining about customers is something that 99% (100%?) of ALL all people who work with the public do. If you work with the public and don't complain about them, well you would be a rare exception and a saint, IMO. Whether it's to put someone on hold and swing around and tell your co worker what an idiot they are, or to come home and post on a website the funny story about how someone wanted to book a train ticket from LA to Honolulu, or you pull an Al Bundy and walk in the door at your house complaining about 'some idiot walked into the shoe store today...' All of that, really, is the same thing. There's no difference between putting someone on hold and saying it, or waiting until they walk out the door at Walmart and saying it, or waiting until you get home to post it on a message board.
happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:36 AM   #24
mommy2kaitlyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherlovesCDs

Talk about someone who clearly does not like her job and may have just lost it.
Me thoughts!!

Alisha I know how to spell my Samsung Galaxy S2 does not.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:41 AM   #25
MatildasMum
Registered
seller

My Mood:

whoops!
MatildasMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:46 PM   #26
NiNi
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rewind_Selector
I do this at work. I don't curse because, customer or not it is not professional and i would hate for my supervisor to hear me saying such stuff. I do however put a customer on hold or mute my phone and rant about their stupidity or bad attitude. It doesn't mean I don't like my job. It does mean that I don't like the disgusting customers I have to deal with throughout the day.
When people call and are nasty rude from the get go(not saying you were nasty OP) don't realize they are ruining their chances of getting what they want. Some of my accounts I DO have the ability to comp them for this or that but it is at my discretion. When I get told I need to close my mouth and listen with BOTH my ears, nope sorry, I'm not going to honor your expired coupon. It's expired. But call in and say you have a problem you would like me to help you resolve I would be happy to refund you the difference of the items you bought that are now on sale.
Not saying you were wrong for asking for a sup or getting comped for the reps rudeness. Just giving a little inside perspective from a customer service rep.
She didn't just say I was a pain in the butt (which I seriously don't think I was being rude) she called me an offensive and derogatory term!!!! I get people being a pain. But she didn't just have a snippy attitude, she called me something very offensive.

sent from my iPhone. excuse all typos
NiNi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:16 PM   #27
Only
Registered Users
Formerly: hu**rees
seller
seller

What a professional customer service rep. She gets two thumbs up for being a twit. Not the smoothest of moves.

Austen 06/12
Only is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:19 PM   #28
NappyChappy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

LOL I could honestly see this happening! IT's bad to call people retards.

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1454524

Last edited by NappyChappy; 10-06-2012 at 03:23 PM.
NappyChappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:27 PM   #29
NiNi
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only
What a professional customer service rep. She gets two thumbs up for being a twit. Not the smoothest of moves.
Yep. She was a winner.

sent from my iPhone. excuse all typos
NiNi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:30 PM   #30
Terra
Drinks her not-just-a-smoothie pina coladas in ALL CAPS in front of her preschoolers before she takes her CDs and goes home.
seller

My Mood:

Awful. I too get venting while on mute. But for me personally the word 'retard' is highly offensive especially having a special needs child. That is NEVER okay.
Terra is online now   Reply With Quote