Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-02-2012, 02:15 PM   #1
CaraJ
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Unhappy FuzziBunz help! Leaking at leg and have tried everything!

Hi all! We have been cloth diapering our 10 month old daughter for the last 8 months, and recently I have been so frustrated! My daughter is leaking out at the sides. When I fasten her onesie, the sides are always wet! It's gotten so frustrating that I've posted to sell them on Craigslist! I still want to cloth diaper and would love to save my diapers that I invested tons on $$$ in, but I can't seem to get the fit right. First of all they're leaving marks around her waist, when I loosened them, she was leaking out of the top when she took naps. Then I read that maybe the legs are too tight, so I loosened them, and we had even bigger leaks! Any suggestions?! I've stripped them and have only washed them in 7th Gen and have checked to make sure the inserts are absorbent. I also change her every 2-3 hours. I'm at a loss! Has anyone had this problem before? Do you think I should sell them and start over with another brand or try to stick it out? I just can't keep changing her 5 times a day because of the leaks. Help!!!!

Advertisement

CaraJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:19 PM   #2
simplyleah87
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: FuzziBunz help! Leaking at leg and have tried everything!

are they the new ones with the minky inserts?? the minky wasn't absorbent enough for us, I sold all but one of mine and started using pre folds to stuff them instead
Old 10-02-2012, 02:31 PM   #3
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Are you stuffing w/the original mf inserts? My guess is that you're getting compression leaks. I'd try stuffing with a pf or flat.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:41 PM   #4
Mama*Kim
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Are the inserts soaked? If yes, it's a lack of absorbency, not a flaw of the diaper. If not, is there any gapping at the legs? Ds2 is 20 months and the legs of the medium PS still gap on him. Before you give up, try some different brands. Consider swapping your diapers for some other ones through FSOT.
Mama*Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:41 PM   #5
CaraJ
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes, I'm using the original inserts. I have about 12 minkies too! The minkies are only fine if we double them. I so want to save them as they're in PERFECT condition, but I can't figure out how to stop the leaks.
CaraJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:59 PM   #6
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

It sounds like compression leaks with the onsies and microfiber. I would stuff with a flat or prefold. I could never get a good fit with FB on any of my children. They may just not be a good match for your LO.

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:36 PM   #7
Diego&Amelia'sMom
Registered Users
Formerly: Diego´sMom
seller
seller

My Mood:

the same problem here, with my DS 5 years ago, and with my DD now :S
Old 10-02-2012, 08:37 PM   #8
lamamaloca
Registered Users
seller

I wanted to love these, too, but we had the same problem. When I did get things adjusted well enough for no leaks, they left red marks.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:39 PM   #9
AmandaA
Registered Users
seller

I could never get a good fit with FB on my son, no matter how I adjusted them and how much I wanted to love them. He had skinny legs so I had to set the elastic small to get it tight enough and then the front part of the diaper would end up down on his thighs. The fleece lining always seemed to roll out and wick onto whatever he was wearing. The shape of the diaper just didn't work for his shape.
AmandaA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:07 AM   #10
Kindermama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyleah87 View Post
are they the new ones with the minky inserts?? the minky wasn't absorbent enough for us, I sold all but one of mine and started using pre folds to stuff them instead
This except I use small Thirsties hemp inserts. They last 3-4hrs and I have never had anymore leaking since the switch. I use this combo exclusively now because it is so dependable!

Once my son hit 6 mos and 22lbs, I took out the back elastic because he was getting red marks. Still no leaks...pee or poo... happening here