Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-06-2012, 08:04 PM   #1
jessiecakes
Registered Users

Hello. Newbie here

I have a few pockets for my 22 month old but she's a very HEAVY wetter so she leaks thru them almost everytime. They've been stripped with dawn and rlr. Should I try aio? Also, I'm 22 weeks with another girl. Would pockets work better for her or should I start a whole new stash of aio. I only have 6 pockets now and I double stuff them

Advertisement

jessiecakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:38 PM   #2
armywife21
Registered Users

Re: Hello. Newbie here

What kind of pockets are you using?
What is your wash routine?
Are the inserts soaked completely through or are they partially dry?
armywife21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:44 PM   #3
jessiecakes
Registered Users

Uhhh idk the brand lol. They're homemade. (Not by me!) off of etsy and such. they used to when when my baby was smaller. I wash on hot, rinse cold. Sometimes twice. The inserts are all soaked. I'll buy a real brand I just don't know what kind I should get. Oh and I line dry the covers and the inserts on high with no fabric sheets.
jessiecakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:39 PM   #4
mypeanut09
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

If the inserts are soaked it sounds like you need more absorbency. Try adding another insert, a doubler, or a different type of insert altogether. I like Flip Organics - they are very absorbent.

If you're looking at getting some new dipes, and don't know what to get you can get a mystery fluff at Kissed by the Moon and she will pick out some diapers she thinks will work well for you!

I love Kissed by the Moon & I'd love it if you shopped my affiliate link! Feel free to PM me with any questions!

mypeanut09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:00 AM   #5
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

I would wonder about the quality of the diapers first. She may not really be that heavy of a wetter. What kind of inserts are you using and how often are you changing? I would not try a whole new stash of anything until you figure out what works best for you. I doubt AIO would be a better option. I think you might want to try a few different options of quality diapers. BG 4.0 work really well for us but we do not use microfiber so I stuff them with prefolds and flats. No leaks with this combo. For an AIO BGE are pretty absorbent.

Also likely any OS that will fit your toddler will not also fit your newborn. I would also consider something like a flat or Flip organic in a Flip cover.

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:26 PM   #6
meahr29
Registered Users
seller

My KaWaiis hold a TON. They are a bit bulky, but they are an affordable option. Fabrics like hemp and bamboo which hold more than microfiber tend to be a bit more pricey.
meahr29 is offline   Reply With Quote