Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-06-2012, 02:20 PM   #11
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: does this sound reasonsable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by babycat42 View Post
so you bought sometime from a website and put your current address in when you checked out. but PayPal randomly pulled out an old address and without contacting you on the difference in the addresses they shipped the items to the different address listed in PayPal.
If my opinion you are entitled to a full refund as it was an error on the part of the retailers.
Yes to the shipping information..

Now that the dust has settled I think that maybe I'm overeacting a bit.. They did say (a few messages latter) that if the items came back to them I would get the refund minus a restock fee like 10% (can't recall) meanwhile they are offering the 15% and free shipping... I still kinda wish they acknowleged that I HAD given them a correct address in the shipping information even if paypal was wrong..
I'll end up getting about a $6 discount on two FT if I order those...

Deanna

Probably best to let it go but totaly bummed I'm out the $25

Advertisement

Deanna mom to Cecilia 10-26-02 and Margaret 3-8-10
AZmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:21 PM   #12
33andunder
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think that paypal should eat the cost on this if you actually deleted your address already. Like us, the store has to ship to address listed on paypal, or they are not covered against a claim. I'm not sure what the point is of writing down additional shipping and billing info, but most online stores do ask for this.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:25 AM   #13
~KittyKat~
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yep, I had this happen a few weeks ago when I bought something from a Momma on here. Thank goodness I was still in the same town and I drove over to the old address, politely knocked on the door and the woman was kind enough to give me my diapers. Sorry but they have no way of knowing you submitted an incorrect address and can't be held responsible for you overlooking it.
~KittyKat~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:48 AM   #14
*Peanut*
Registered Users
seller
seller

I see what you mean. Why ask for your address, only to ship via pp? It's misleading, and you probably weren't as worried about the pp address popping up again. It happened to me and the store basically said tough stuff. They were going out of business, so they really didn't give a crap. This is why I NEVER buy from going out of business sales anymore. They have no incentive to try to make things right or help you out. Anyway, the store should have made it perfectly clear that they go off your pp address and you should ensure that it is correct.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:36 AM   #15
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Sorry but they have no way of knowing you submitted an incorrect address and can't be held responsible for you overlooking it.
I agree from the PP point of view and why I never thought they should refund me every penny, I jsut wondered why I filled out all the proper information upon check out so in fact DID provide my correct information for it to mean ziltch cause it is jsut automatically sent to the wrong PP addy.. Should I also have to eat the cost beause they overlooked MY provided information.

However the company is being very nice I think some of my early messages from them was from an employee what wasn't as on top of things. They were always polite and such I just felt kinda unwilling to work.

I have a 15% of coupon to use now we wil see if the items end up returned..

Deanna mom to Cecilia 10-26-02 and Margaret 3-8-10
AZmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:40 PM   #16
crunchycrossfitmamaof2++
Registered Users
Formerly: smalltownmama
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'd think that it would entitle you to a full refund..I've had a similar problem with PayPal too.
crunchycrossfitmamaof2++ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:24 PM   #17
ohgirlohboyohno
Registered Users
seller
seller

What does the check out page look like? .... like when you fill out all that "shipping address..."billing address" does it have a little thing that says "if you pay with paypal we are required to ship to THAT address ONLY..?

What would have happened if you were sending something as a gift??

I am not sure WHO should take the hit for the liners...but I agree YOU shouldn't be the only one "out"...and offering you a coupon for 15% off really isn't the store taking a hit cause they are getting more business from you in order to use the coupon.

Do you have old correspondence with PAypal when you changed the address prior?? I think PAypal should refund you on THEIR dime.

NEW Giftable Innotab2 players FS (pink and blue) here
ohgirlohboyohno is offline   Reply With Quote