Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-07-2012, 08:07 AM   #11
GEMQEMCABOOSE
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: What do i use now?

We have 3 favorites... I put them in the pack and play with some toys, their highchair with some plastic spoons and bowls, or begin blanket training. We teach our babies nearing a year the most valuable skill of sitting on a blanket and playing some toys. This is a lifesaver for me and very helpful since I can use it anywhere. Big brother's soccer game? No problem, he sits on his blanket and plays. In the doctor's office, on his blanket and plays. I just keep a receiving blanket in my bag so I have "home base" whenever roaming is not the order of the day. At home we have super thick, cushy blankets that are fantastic.

Advertisement

Leslie Helpmeet since 1999. WAHM to Big(04), Middle(08) and Little(09) and Double Blessings (10/13).Granola crunchy, scheduling, Evangelical Liberal mommy that CDs, BFs, ERFs, & BWs. An attached parent without the Attachment Parenting.
GEMQEMCABOOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:26 PM   #12
Aubrey<3Gavin
Registered Users
seller

I think I need a SSC. I can't quite master the back carry with my mei tai or wrap. We've been thinking about getting the "baby prison". Maybe I need to just suck it up and do that. She is starting to walk now, so I think she would just get mad in the pack and play. Besides...she likes to chew on it.

ISO......BG 4.0 in aplix

I'm an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner! http://www.kingdomkonsultant.com
Aubrey<3Gavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:32 PM   #13
dancermommy1
Registered Users
seller

Eh, I never used anything with DS. I just let him play in the kitchen while I cooked and tried to make fast meals!

Please Visit my ETSY store benefiting women and children in poverty! http://www.etsy.com/shop/conspiracyoflove

YOU can make a difference in developing countries, one precious child at a time! http://conspiracy-of-love.blogspot.com
dancermommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:10 PM   #14
Brooke789
Registered Users
seller
seller

What about a Merry Muscles? If I'm remembering correctly, it goes to 40lbs. You just installs i on the ceiling or doorway. It is ergonomic and doesn't put the undue stress on the hips like a traditional 'doorway jumper'. My twins loved it!
Brooke789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:04 PM   #15
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I use a play yard (pack and play for a smaller baby) or I have a gated playroom that I use depending on the age of the baby/toddler.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:24 PM   #16
BigZsmommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEMQEMCABOOSE
We have 3 favorites... I put them in the pack and play with some toys, their highchair with some plastic spoons and bowls, or begin blanket training. We teach our babies nearing a year the most valuable skill of sitting on a blanket and playing some toys. This is a lifesaver for me and very helpful since I can use it anywhere. Big brother's soccer game? No problem, he sits on his blanket and plays. In the doctor's office, on his blanket and plays. I just keep a receiving blanket in my bag so I have "home base" whenever roaming is not the order of the day. At home we have super thick, cushy blankets that are fantastic.
Please tell me how you do this!!!
Old 10-09-2012, 09:43 AM   #17
GreyMum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I cleared out two cabinets that are connected to each other and filled them with various toys and kitchen items. I would change them whenever I would remember to keep her interest. Now, she is 20 months and no longer interested in the cabinet, so we did magnets on the fridge, that lasted for a little while, and now, I am trying the bowls and spoons. She also helps with some things, like unloading the dw, haha. But, she is also super-clinging right now and just wants to be held.
GreyMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:57 AM   #18
DottieHarley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72 View Post
I think it's called a super yard, or something but we call it baby jail. It works great! They can't get out and can be contained with toys and things...
LOL! I don't have one but BFF does and also refers to it as "baby jail."

At that age I would wear DD on my back or sit her in the high chair with an "appetizer." And cook really, really fast