Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-17-2013, 10:48 AM   #1
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

What colour should I paint the nursery?

Right now the nursery is mauve with sage green accents. I was painted just before my daughter was born (she's 16 months) and I love the colour. But she is moving into the other room and this baby (a boy) is moving into the nursery. My husband doesn't like the mauve and wants a more "boyish" colour. The sage green accents will remain the same as it's the chair, crib sheets, change cover and some other little things. So what colour do you think would go best with sage green? Our bedroom is already blue as is the bathroom and my daughter's room is yellow. I'd like to do something different than those colours but I would consider blue. The room is very small so lighter colours are better. Would a turquoise work?

Advertisement

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PumpkinsandMe
Montessori and Waldorf Inspired Toys
chandni3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:52 AM   #2
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

Re: What colour should I paint the nursery?

Hmm, what about blue walls with peach/orange curtains and the sage accents? I could maybe find some peach themed pictures to hang on the walls.

Last edited by chandni3; 03-17-2013 at 10:54 AM.
Old 03-17-2013, 04:02 PM   #3
PurpleFluff
Registered Users

What about a neutral wall color and put in pops of orange?
PurpleFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:14 PM   #4
Leiiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

When in doubt, check Pinterest
http://pinterest.com/pin/48835977180910006/
Old 03-17-2013, 06:34 PM   #5
Newton
Registered Users

I would do a neutral wall colour ( ivory, beige, grey) and then go for orange and green accents
Old 03-17-2013, 06:42 PM   #6
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

I have been checking pinterest but no one seems to do rooms in the colours that want to (my daughter's room is going to be yellow, pink and red
I'm thinking now a light sage, like the one labelled sand in the link with a few peach accents. I just have to find peach curtains.... oh and pick out the paint of course. Does anyone else love looking at those paint swatch sticks? I find them so exciting, so many choices and possibilities.

Old 03-18-2013, 07:04 AM   #7
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Try houzz.com

Could you make some simple curtains? I am a valance girl myself and they are incredibly simple to make. You don't need a pattern or anything.

My eldest son's room went from happy yellow to army green. I am so wishing that I had done a neutral like sand or fawn now. It looks great, but if he wants to change the theme again, it's going to take repainting and we could have gone with one of those colors instead.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:48 AM   #8
7mom7
Registered Users

My kids don't stay in a crib for long. We transition to twin beds pretty early so I'd probably pick out the bedding I wanted for that before painting the walls. Then I'd pull the wall colors from our bedding choice.

My boys recently decided to share a room so we had to move some stuff around and get new bedding. The room is painted a warm neutral with a brown stripe at the top and I didn't have any trouble finding bedding that looked nice with it.
7mom7 is offline   Reply With Quote