Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-06-2012, 10:00 PM   #21
anniekins1488
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: What the heck just happened to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett's mommy View Post
yup sounds like gallbladder to me. i just had mine removed in febuary. the pain is horrific. the first time it happened i thought i was going to die. it lasted for about an hour. i would go get checked out. i let mine go for several attacks and when i finally did go i had to go to the er in the middle of the night because i had an attack that lasted for several hours. i had to stay in the hospital for six days because it had become inflamed and infected and i had to be on iv antibiotics before they would remove it.
This is pretty much what happened to me too. By the time I went to the ER (about 7 months pregnant with DD1) because an "attack" didn't go away after half an hour or so like the previous few had, I had an overwhelming infection, my liver was failing, and DD and I were in serious danger. I was hospitalized for much of the next month on IV antibiotics trying to keep DD in for another month, as the pain and illness was making me go into preterm labor. I was induced at 36 weeks then, as they couldn't wait any longer to take out my gallbladder. I gave birth to DD (a very, very traumatic experience- we both almost didn't make it), then about 12 hours later I had the cholecystectomy. I shudder remembering the pain and recovery from all of that...

Anyway, case in point- gallbladder issues are nothing to mess around with. I'd definitely get it checked out mama. I ignored a couple/few attacks thinking it must not be anything serious as the pain went away after a while and it almost killed me and my DD in the end. BTW, I agree that the pain is MUCH worse than labor!

Advertisement

Swag with me! I earn $25 in Amazon gift cards every month with very little effort! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Anniekins1488
anniekins1488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:24 PM   #22
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
Thanks everyone!
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:36 PM   #23
mommy2kaitlyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandni3

Yea, maybe that. A girl at work had gallstones or sludge or something and she said it was worse than labour.
It so is!! My gall bladder pain was different but it was blocked so no movement. I have had gas like that though. Since gall bladder was out so no chance it use related to that.

Alisha I know how to spell my Samsung Galaxy S2 does not.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:38 AM   #24
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

everyone else. My bff had this right after her ds2 was born. She described it the exact same way. She had surgery to have hers removed.
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:16 AM   #25
lil'mommakaye
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeste View Post
DH said it's probably a gallstone that you passed. (He's a PA in the ER.)

Krystal
Momma to 99, 07 & Stella Grace 10/28/10
~My Star In Heaven~
lil'mommakaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:29 AM   #26
Tati&Malika's Mom
Registered Users
Formerly: Tati's mom
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeste

DH said it's probably a gallstone that you passed. (He's a PA in the ER.)
Yeah! I'm an ER RN, and totally agree with this! I've also had gallstones in the past and that's what they feel like!
Old 10-07-2012, 10:37 AM   #27
moms5angels
Registered Users
Formerly: moms4angels

My Mood:

sounds like a gual stone passed to me too. i had mine taken out 2mo after my oldest was born. those hurt sooo bad! i would go get it checked out too. sometimes they do need to remove them like they did w/ mine. diet itself wasnt working & i got them weekly. im soooo happy i dont have to worrie about it aneymore.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:46 AM   #28
IsaacsMom2009
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
First of all OP, your avi makes me laugh every time I see it

Second, I'm throwing in my vote got gallstones and getting checked out asap
Old 10-07-2012, 11:04 AM   #29
Hope4More
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaDeanette

I had a pulled beef taco for lunch and pancakes for breakfast. I ate lil smokies last night. But, those things aren't out of the ordinary.
OMGosh- lil smokies wrapped in croissants... Mmm.

I like your avi too, but then I've already told you I stole it and used it on my phone. It must be good luck, cuz it worked! Good luck in your tww!
I have given my cross to Jesus, who has a special talent for overcoming them, even if it means giving His own life...
Hope4More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:21 AM   #30
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote