Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 10-07-2012, 03:19 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Which closet organizer system?

I'm looking at revamping our closet organizer system. Here are the two I've found

Rubbermaid: easy to install, customizable, lots of add on (rolling bins, tie racks, sliding shelves), changeable after installation, but looks 'cheap' and is just white metal shelves. cheaper, about $300 to do closet.

Other system: harder to install (according to reviews), customizable but not changeable after installation, some add-ons, wooden shelves and classier-looking metal frames, expensive, about $500 to do closet. DH prefers this, it looks like custom-made built-ins.

Other than that, they're similar. I know the Rubbermaid is sturdy, but just has an industrial look to it. The wooden one just looks so visually appealing and nicer.

Any suggestions? WWYD?

SAHM to Coralie, 1/09, Siri 9/10, Ellie Sue 9/12, Baby #4 due May 2014.
elizabeth.scalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:34 PM   #2
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
My Mood:
I can't speak to the other system but we have the Rubbermaid in ds closet (installed about 2 years ago) and I LOVE it. He has the only walk in closet and it is perfect.

We are planning on putting a fake wood one that doesn't attach to a back wall in our closet but have yet to do it. Our closet has a sloped ceiling to the floor so we have no back wall to attach to.

Good luck!
Jennifer (39) - Wife since 12/2003 with 5 children - 3 waiting for me in heaven , and 2 delighting me everyday ! Lymphoma survivor and mother to baby born post pelvic radiation!
3 ladybugs is offline   Reply With Quote