Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-07-2012, 07:13 AM   #1
mommyto3beautifulbabes
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Narrow Car Seats

So, I'm looking for narrow car seats.

I have a 30 lb 3 y/o who is forward facing, still in a harness; a 27 lb 4 year old (she's really tall so she's outgrown height for lots of choices in her weight range) who is forward facing, still in a harness; and a 18 lb 10 mos old who is rear facing (obviously) and hopefully will be like the others until she is about 2 1/2 or so.

I just updated our seats and don't mind the ones that we have. I need seats that are not too pricey (I can't spend $700 replacing the car seats) but I want to give my mom our newer seats and get something that will work for these little loves in my car. I want as narrow as possible and if posisble I would love three that could fit in the rear bench of a van (if not I totally understand that this might not be possible).

Thanks so much!

Advertisement

http://EverythingForModernMoms.blogspot.com...visit my blogs for lots of reviews and tons of giveaways!
mommyto3beautifulbabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:49 AM   #2
an_aurora
Registered Users

Re: Narrow Car Seats

What seats do you have now, and what van is it?
an_aurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:46 AM   #3
mommyto3beautifulbabes
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
We have a 2010 Caravan. We have two Evenflow 5 point harness boosters & a Safety First convertible.

http://EverythingForModernMoms.blogspot.com...visit my blogs for lots of reviews and tons of giveaways!
mommyto3beautifulbabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:57 PM   #4
lilychic4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Do you have a TRU/BRU or BBB near you that you can try out seats in your car?
Other than the Evenflo seats you have (any idea which models???) the Maestro may be a great option for the FF'ers. They cost about $70-80. They are 18-19" at the widest point and have 18" top harness slots.
For the RF'er, the Evenflo Tribute is a very narrow seat, but it's outgrown pretty early. The Guide 65 might be a great option too. The Guide 65 will last years longer then the Tribute, but sometimes you have to choose what fits best now knowing the configuration will change in 2-3 years.
lilychic4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:33 PM   #5
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Maestro is tall and narrow, and cheap. Goes to 50 pounds. Given your kids weights, it would get both of them to safe boostering age just fine. If you are concerned about the 3 year old, the SecureKid is similar with a moveable headrest and goes to 65 pounds, but is a little more money. Neither RF though.

If your 4 year old has already outgrown a Maestro, your tallest option is a Frontier (tallest seat on the market) but they are very wide.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote