Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-14-2013, 01:18 AM   #11
amyrosita
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: New alvas leaking

I just got 15 through a co-op with a bunch of the 4 layer bamboo blend inserts. I'm having trouble with leaks around the legholes, even on my chunky thigh babe! Happens most when she poops. Like EVERY TIME! I am terribly frustrated with it! I stuffed one with a PF tonight with no prob, but she also didn't poo, so who knows. I'll try again tomorrow with my last 2 clean ones. If it blows out, I'm selling them all! Gah!

Advertisement

amyrosita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:40 AM   #12
swrlgrl105
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I stuff my alvas with prefolds, flats or receiving blankets and NEVER have had a leak issue and I have been using them well over a year. Its probably your inserts
Old 03-14-2013, 11:42 AM   #13
swrlgrl105
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyrosita View Post
I just got 15 through a co-op with a bunch of the 4 layer bamboo blend inserts. I'm having trouble with leaks around the legholes, even on my chunky thigh babe! Happens most when she poops. Like EVERY TIME! I am terribly frustrated with it! I stuffed one with a PF tonight with no prob, but she also didn't poo, so who knows. I'll try again tomorrow with my last 2 clean ones. If it blows out, I'm selling them all! Gah!
ok so is the poop coming out of the leg holes or is she leaking pee when she has a BM? If its pee, she may be power peeing when pushing out the poop and the insert may not be able to absorb fast enough.

I still say stuff a bunch with prefolds and see how she does through a few poops.

ETA: If poop is leaking out, its possible you may want to try a different rise setting and/or hip snap setting.

Last edited by swrlgrl105; 03-14-2013 at 11:43 AM.
swrlgrl105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:44 AM   #14
swrlgrl105
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkmama View Post
You can trifold the prefolds & stuff the Alva's with them. It's a little bulky but nice and absorbant.
HAHA wow I just realized I spend waaaay too much time on Facebook... I just tried to "like" your comment lol!
Old 03-14-2013, 11:49 AM   #15
BummisMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had nothing but problems with my Alva's as well. If you're loving the prefolds, I would stick with them. The wiggly stage doesn't really last that long anyway. And have you tried just trifolding the prefolds and having them pre-loaded in your covers? Makes for a diaper change pretty well as fast as putting on a pocket diaper anyway Good luck!
BummisMom is offline   Reply With Quote