Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-07-2012, 07:21 PM   #21
GEM Cloth
Registered Users
Formerly: michellemomx3
seller

My Mood:
Re: Do you ever question your spouse/partner?

Of course. We are a team and co-parents and we both have say-so. And I'm sure not gonna say I've never done it in front of the kids either.

Advertisement

GEM Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:32 PM   #22
mommy24babes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
All the time he does with me as well.
We all have moments when we are not at our best and it's nice to have someone else step in and give perspective to the situation.

I get a bit annoyed with dh sometimes.
We have an old beater van not a beauty to look at. He gets upsett with the kids for drawing in the dirt on it. "it will scratch the paint " ( rolls eyes)
mommy24babes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:49 PM   #23
Pyrodjm
Registered Users
seller
seller

On a few occasions I have questioned and overridden his decisions. I'm one that spends the most time with the kids and I'm the one that has been working with children for the past 10 years. I specialize in toddlers with special needs. My job is largely behavior modification of children. I'm pretty good at making the distinction between what is and isn't appropriate behavior. So at times I will gently correct him when his expectations or consequences aren't appropriate for the actions or the child. He accepts that I probably know better about most kids stuff and follows my lead. For instance, when I found out that my 4yo had been sitting alone in the kitchen for 10-15 minutes in a time out chair (I had been at the store), I let her out and sent her upstairs while I explained to him the 1 minute for each year guideline and that she really doesn't even remember why she's there after that long. Also pointed out that DD1 usually doesn't see time out as punishment and suggested more effective discipline for her.
Pyrodjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:51 PM   #24
cmarsh31
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yup, totally. We moderate each other. We'll also step in if we see the other getting too frustrated with the behavior, tag-team. We co-parent much better than we solo-parent. In the heat of the moment, one of us might be annoyed but we both take it as support, not criticism.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:00 PM   #25
GEMQEMCABOOSE
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

All the damn time here too!
We're on the same side and want the same things and have very similar values and takes on situations so its usually about a finer point of the situation. We both take it very well. Its in love and meant to bring out the best in us and our children. He's all for discussing how we parent. There are times I wish we talked less about our parenting actually .
Leslie Helpmeet since 1999. WAHM to Big(04), Middle(08) and Little(09) and Double Blessings (10/13).Granola crunchy, scheduling, Evangelical Liberal mommy that CDs, BFs, ERFs, & BWs. An attached parent without the Attachment Parenting.
GEMQEMCABOOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:27 PM   #26
MomToMyMonkeys
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Daily. I just really don't get his reasoning sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone
MomToMyMonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:12 PM   #27
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
No, but he's more patient and lenient than I am.

But I do allow him opportunity to question me, but he doesn't. We talk about it when it needs to be discussed.

I feel we're equals and should both be comfortable with our parenting actions.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:53 PM   #28
BrownCowMama
Registered
seller

Yes, but it's usually not in a judgemental way...but to remind eachother of how we decided we were going to parent. As a team...always on the same page. We keep eachother in check -in balance.
BrownCowMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:05 PM   #29
tesslouise
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have had to step in and gently remind DH that DD#1 is still only 3. Sometimes what she is doing is not ok, but neither is DH's consequence or threatened consequence, and sometimes her behavior is actually ok, or annoying but expected. I try not to correct him in front of her but sometimes it's important to say, Oh, I said we'd do xyz before nap, or whatever.
Amelia, married to Bear since 12/31/04; our daughter Rowan was born 8/6/09; our daughter Sapphira was born 8/17/12; due with DD3 6/17/15 (but after one two weeks late and one three weeks early, I'm not expecting a due-date baby!)
tesslouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:01 AM   #30
apboyles
Registered Users

My Mood:

I say "Calm down" because when he is tired/cranky/stressed he overreacts to the small things. And he just doesn't get it that a lot of it is normal 2 year old behavior.