Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-11-2012, 06:13 PM   #1041
EskimoStitches
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookedByCarolyn

I have been waiting forever for an addi coop and no sign of one. I need some more 12in circs. I decided on a whim to order some hiya hiya brand interchangeable needles and cords and I REALLY like them! The cords are even more flexible than addi and they knit just as smooth. They don't make 12in tho.
They make 9s which are stupidly small but good for sock. I ordered some but haven't used them yet. I will text you about 12s.

Advertisement

Old 10-11-2012, 06:16 PM   #1042
knibert
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: KAL Oct 7-13 *Knit the funk away!*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808mamaof2 View Post
I know of a few ladies you can hit up, lol.

ew...that doesn't sound to appetizing? Glad you didn't have to suffer through it. Think I'm making italian lemon chicken served with garlic/butter/spinach/parmesean penne. First nice meal I'll have made all week (we had pizza, mac n cheese, etc.) Just sooo tired...

Have fun on date night!
wow, that sounds fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EskimoStitches View Post
In complete coincidence I got a bill for my stay in the same pile of mail. I cannot complain much though, insurance covered all but $17.35!
thank goodness for small favors!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EskimoStitches View Post
Me too, unless I need the extra space but I have 8 inch dpns so that's rare. I dpn stuff when my smaller circs are busy. I think my last batch of knitting gnomes ate all my common size 16 fixed. I need to order more.
I need shorter ones and wood, the metal are too slippery

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookedByCarolyn View Post
I have been waiting forever for an addi coop and no sign of one. I need some more 12in circs. I decided on a whim to order some hiya hiya brand interchangeable needles and cords and I REALLY like them! The cords are even more flexible than addi and they knit just as smooth. They don't make 12in tho.
I have two I will part with, I hate knitting w/them. I have them in 6 and 8 (maybe 5 and 7?), I'll look if that is what you need. I keep saving them thinking I will use them on sleeves or something, but I hate them. I got a hiya FSOT and I like it. A bit pointer than addi turbos, which I have come to like when you have to do a lot of sts manipulating.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:16 PM   #1043
clothdiapercrunchy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

just keeeep knitting.... switched to 4 dpns... I love you all... lol
Old 10-11-2012, 06:18 PM   #1044
jmoon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookedByCarolyn View Post
I can't wait to see!

They all look great! I'm due with a boy in Feb and am just starting my knitted stash! I want to do a sophisticate sweater. I just finished a hootie who romper.
I loved the pattern, but was glad I read the pattern notes! It runs super small, so I knit the 6-12 months size. It looks just about right for a larger newborn (my babies are all 8+ lbs)

[QUOTE=OrangeBananas;15799740]Love it all, Jenny!

Thanks!
Quote:
Done!!!

and an up close shot

The owl matches an owl on baby's zutano owl kimono top...
http://zutano.com/product/owls-kimono-newborn-top/
Love these!!!!

[QUOTE=clothdiapercrunchy;15799805]Hi Jenny! Im Torre. Congrats on the new LO and omg what beautiful work!
Thanks! I am fairly new to knitting also, and it is super addicting! I can tell you are having fun with it! Congrats on your pregnancy too
Old 10-11-2012, 06:23 PM   #1045
clothdiapercrunchy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

There was a huge accident/mistake and 4 hours just went down the drain. OMG. I want to cry but laugh at the same time. These are going to be some REALLY great booties when they finally happen...
Old 10-11-2012, 06:28 PM   #1046
EskimoStitches
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by clothdiapercrunchy
There was a huge accident/mistake and 4 hours just went down the drain. OMG. I want to cry but laugh at the same time. These are going to be some REALLY great booties when they finally happen...
Frogging is just another chance at perfection. Every stitch is a learning experience.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:30 PM   #1047
HookedByCarolyn
Registered Users
Formerly: shaneNspencersmommy
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by knibert
I have two I will part with, I hate knitting w/them. I have them in 6 and 8 (maybe 5 and 7?), I'll look if that is what you need. I keep saving them thinking I will use them on sleeves or something, but I hate them. I got a hiya FSOT and I like it. A bit pointer than addi turbos, which I have come to like when you have to do a lot of sts manipulating.
I have 2 pairs of 8s, but I will take 6 or 7s. Pm me once you know for sure. Thanks!
Old 10-11-2012, 06:34 PM   #1048
clothdiapercrunchy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It involved a cat and a three year old. I need to look up frogging, but the yarn itself got pretty ruined. UGH How dare I use the bathroom!

ETA: Frogging is pretty cool!

Last edited by clothdiapercrunchy; 10-11-2012 at 06:36 PM.
clothdiapercrunchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:36 PM   #1049
EmpressPurl
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Done!!!

and an up close shot

The owl matches an owl on baby's zutano owl kimono top...
http://zutano.com/product/owls-kimono-newborn-top/
They are so tiny and sweet! Love the owl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumminbeachbabe View Post

This past week has just been really draining. I'm going to try to catch up, but please forgive me if I don't

My OB has told me to rest as much as possible due to serious cramping/contraction issues. It's probably related to the twin, but he made me so nervous when he said that there's nothing he can do if I am going to miscarry I'm hoping to start working on some Star Wars amurrigami (I may have spelled that wrong) for the boys for Christmas. I haven't crocheted in forever though, so it may make me a bit crazy.
Get some good rest, I know it's so much easier said than done however. Hang in there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clothdiapercrunchy View Post
It happens! Practice definitely makes perfect when it comes to knit/crochet.

I played on Rav a bit and am so pleasantly surprised at today's sales. Hubs has been laid off since August and I am trying to gather some giftmas funds. He does have an interview tomorrow morning, so my fingers are crossed. Have to admit that I love having him home, he worked 70+ hours a week the ten years we've been together.

I am off...Glee in 20!
EmpressPurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:40 PM   #1050
EmpressPurl
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by clothdiapercrunchy View Post
It involved a cat and a three year old. I need to look up frogging, but the yarn itself got pretty ruined. UGH How dare I use the bathroom!

ETA: Frogging is pretty cool!
Oh no! I feel ya on that. With a wool loving cat, hyper German shorthaired pointer pup and all the littles I have to keep my work up hiiiiiigh!

Last edited by EmpressPurl; 10-11-2012 at 06:44 PM. Reason: why phone, why?
EmpressPurl is offline   Reply With Quote