Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-12-2012, 09:56 AM   #1131
Scaethach
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: KAL Oct 7-13 *Knit the funk away!*

I counted on my storyteller in certain spots to make sure I matched it on the other side. I count my sock heels (if they're not stockinette). I count my lace/cable charts or print and mark off the portion of the chart - a few times ago I didn't and simply "read" the stitches, only to be off by EIGHT rows because the chart had the same row in a few different places as the design transitioned back and forth And of course I didn't catch it for another 20 rows and then wondered why my measurements were so far off So I do it fairly often, but it depends what I'm working on. I don't count rows in longies. I don't count them in top-down sweaters (unless there's a chart embedded). Just depends.

Advertisement

Like my Facebook! Etsy
Scaethach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:11 AM   #1132
bea2269
Registered Users

Hey ladies! Knitting newbie here. I've lurked all week trying to make sure I can keep up with you all. You sure move quick. The deal was sealed with all the foodie talk. I love to eat and cook!! I'm Brandy. My DH and I have 4 kids ranging from 9 years to 16 months. I'm begging for another, but I have been vetoed. My WIP is a scarf for one of my twins. It is just a cheap acrylic yarn, because I was afraid to try the good stuff.

As far as Paul Ryan goes, I can't decide what I think. At one angle, he is pretty attractive, but then at another, he looks like a turtle. He definitely has PeeWee Herman hair! He's cuter than Biden though.
bea2269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:19 AM   #1133
Scaethach
Registered Users
seller
seller

Biden reminds me of someone's odd old uncle that might dress up as a clown for family get togethers. (Maybe that's just my weird family, IDK). I don't find Ryan attractive, there's something too weird about his look. Maybe he IS a turtle with Peewee hair, not sure

So! going to start spinning something fast today, Fi helped me pick out something to spin for socks. I'd like to finish my first of this pair of socks today too. DH didn't mix stocks last night so it'll be at least after he's home before I can dye this last braid of the set I'm working on.

I think I'm going to knit or crochet Pixie some slippers too. Undecided on what. She has a 5" foot though and I'm open to suggestions if anyone feels like helping! Bootie type is fine, but her foot is so wide the Eviepants had to be tweaked a little bit and I didn't get a great fit from.

Goals for today:
Vacuum the stairs
Finish knitting sock #1
Spin 2 oz of sock weight fiber
Like my Facebook! Etsy
Scaethach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:36 AM   #1134
808mamaof3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by knibert View Post
WHAT??? must be KarEn!! Or maybe I am buying Em a blank? I CAN do that

I got to two and there they sit--- the cuteness done wore off and even before I weaved the ends.

just keep knitting, you get better really fast!

I have the best cake like super sweet banana bread if you need one. I love it, it is an old one from some magazine that my roommate in college had. We love it.

you are so ambitious! and what a cutie, that girl knows good mama knittin keeps her cozy and happy.

for sleep.

We'll have to see if Karen makes them...or you can give me a link to the blank ones and I can buy them, that would be the way I would "make" them.

chop, chop!

Karen, I don't think I got a chance to comment on the owlies...love them! What sts did you wind up using for the dup? looks great. I'll have to study it more.

where is your yarn Mindy? Love the fall colors!

going to gf this morning, the kids are off school.

knittin on the HH for Shannon today. I may finish it and then the sleeves will stare at me. There is always xmas ornaments to distract me from them
Thanks for the owl longies compliment. I used a chain stitch...I wasn't sure if I should dup stitch over linen and the chain worked...gave it a neat texture.

What? Waldorf? Me? lol. I think I'd buy the kit and ask a certain Oregonian to spin me some pretty hair....Love the look for DH would kill me if I spent $300+ on a doll. Wheel or dolll...wheel wins, lol

I finished the first ornament last night and wove in the ends. Gonna keep switching between colorways to keep it interesting. Maybe do a few of a bunch of patterns since I get bored once a pattern gets routine and I'm not reading it as much. Knitting ADHD, promise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaethach View Post
Yeah IDK, this mama needs some Tart
I wish the had more/better Tosh Chunky when I checked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clothdiapercrunchy View Post
TEchnical question... How do you all keep count of your stitches/rows? Im having a hard time. I feel like a space cadet. Im like is that row 6 or 7? ://////
I usually print out the pattern, write on it, or use a bajillion sticky notes or a stitch counter. Depends how organized I am and if my little "helpers" stole any items, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msuk2girl View Post
Having my Wildtree Launch party tonight. It's going to be kindof small because I don't have many contacts yet The good news is that I need the practice and these guys will be helpful for me.
Goodluck! I still really want to order, but $ has been tight. FX after I get my overtime I can place an order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensmom View Post
debating on doing the mystery kal that Elana Nodel is doing...thinking sweater for Steven
I'm debating too...but wish I could know what it is since I want to use stash yarn. Did they say for sure its a boyish sweater? It would be my luck to have no girl for the other MKAL, then have a girl for the boy one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bea2269 View Post
Hey ladies! Knitting newbie here. I've lurked all week trying to make sure I can keep up with you all. You sure move quick. The deal was sealed with all the foodie talk. I love to eat and cook!! I'm Brandy. My DH and I have 4 kids ranging from 9 years to 16 months. I'm begging for another, but I have been vetoed. My WIP is a scarf for one of my twins. It is just a cheap acrylic yarn, because I was afraid to try the good stuff.

As far as Paul Ryan goes, I can't decide what I think. At one angle, he is pretty attractive, but then at another, he looks like a turtle. He definitely has PeeWee Herman hair! He's cuter than Biden though.
Welcome!
Old 10-12-2012, 10:44 AM   #1135
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

it's both boyish and girlish

I would go with the girly one since it would take less yarn...but I want to make steven something
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:56 AM   #1136
stevensmom
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

get the ebook for 18 or the pattern for 2?
Swag with me! Bing it!
Old 10-12-2012, 11:12 AM   #1137
knibert
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsStripe View Post
I'll talk politics that don't make you grumpy. I turned on the debate last night just to see the guys. Did Ryan's hair remind anyone else of PeeWee Herman?

Need to work, have a meeting today and I've been working on the sleeve of Butch's Christmas sweater. Still haven't measured his arm yet though to see how long it needs to be. I may need another project for the meeting.
I didn't think of that but I did comment it looked like he had a visor.

Biden did remind of a clown or a used car salesman when he does that toothy grin (are those dentures?) He should stop doing that. Put them two together and Ryan looks way to young to do anything presidental. IDK how old Biden is, but he was talking about sittinga the table w/Reagan and I think that makes him looking pretty good for the age he must be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensmom View Post
get the ebook for 18 or the pattern for 2?
depends...of all the patterns you WILL DEF knit, how much do they cost? If you really only need the 2 dollar one, just get that. What pattern only costs 2 bucks?
Old 10-12-2012, 11:13 AM   #1138
knibert
Registered Users
seller
seller

Kids had fun playin at gf's house. Poor DD though, all the rest of the five are boys. I saw her laying on the couch at one time, probably worn out from wrestling but she held her own otherwise.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:16 AM   #1139
stevensmom
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by knibert View Post

depends...of all the patterns you WILL DEF knit, how much do they cost? If you really only need the 2 dollar one, just get that. What pattern only costs 2 bucks?
it's elena nodels mkal that's $2...but it also comes in an ebook that only has one other pattern for now...but expected to have about 5 when they get all out...so that makes them less than $4 a pattern.
Swag with me! Bing it!

Last edited by stevensmom; 10-12-2012 at 11:27 AM.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:23 AM   #1140
stevensmom
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

okay if I make it for steven what yarn should I use? they are saying solid or semi-solid.

need to check the weight again...maybe he needs some tosh vintage
Swag with me! Bing it!