Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-11-2012, 07:32 AM   #831
MrsStripe
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: KAL Oct 7-13 *Knit the funk away!*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayzee1081 View Post
Oooh, guess what?! I finished the knitting on my HH! I've just gotta do the tassels!
Yay!! That's the easy part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookedByCarolyn View Post
whyioutta! :P
Well, look at the bright side today, it is just one last night.

Advertisement

MrsStripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:33 AM   #832
HookedByCarolyn
Registered Users
Formerly: shaneNspencersmommy
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by danigrace05
I'm alive. Pickle juice and chicken broth are keeping me going.
What's everyone doing today?
Eeew! I'm planning to do as little as possible.
I don't want to talk to anyone because everyone has crap to say about "another" boy. :eyeroll: Dude! I had 2 babies die this year, my main goal was heartbeat not genitals.

Next... Serious crappy question... I have had 5 people (2 family, 1 stranger, 2 friends of family) ask me if Alaina has down syndrome. I know she has a super high forehead, but I don't see any other markers. I may be blinded by mommy love or whatever. So... given that... I plan on asking the doctor of course but should I make a special appt or just wait 5 weeks till her 4 month checkup? Btw, birth mom did not have any prenatal care until 24 weeks so there would have between no screening done then.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:46 AM   #833
bellybellybuttons
Registered Users
Formerly: boobybaby
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I don't want to talk to anyone because everyone has crap to say about "another" boy. :eyeroll: Dude! I had 2 babies die this year, my main goal was heartbeat not genitals.

Next... Serious crappy question... I have had 5 people (2 family, 1 stranger, 2 friends of family) ask me if Alaina has down syndrome. I know she has a super high forehead, but I don't see any other markers. I may be blinded by mommy love or whatever. So... given that... I plan on asking the doctor of course but should I make a special appt or just wait 5 weeks till her 4 month checkup? Btw, birth mom did not have any prenatal care until 24 weeks so there would have between no screening done then.
Awwe. We love boys here. Our oldest dd is 19, ds 16, our angel Grant was a boy and I couldn't tell you how happy I was to find out our now 3yo Ethan was a boy. I can tell you I would prefer another boy if I were able to be pg again. My dh just makes boys Boys are just so much more fun than girls especially during the teen years. Big hugs Carolyn.

Aliana looks perfect to me, just saying.

Last edited by bellybellybuttons; 10-11-2012 at 07:47 AM.
bellybellybuttons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:48 AM   #834
bellybellybuttons
Registered Users
Formerly: boobybaby
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
whyioutta! :P
Wow, I love that spelled out.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:57 AM   #835
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Carolyn...some people can be super mean Is she meeting milestones? If not then I'd be concerned, if she is then you can tell people to shuvitwherethesundontshine

sorry about dinner Katie...at least now you know not to make it again

sorry Fi...I was pretty out of it last year. And I didn't even have blood put in.

boys are awesome...and I agree I would much rather deal with a teenage boy vs a teenage girl.

------------------

Play Park today.

it may rain today but it plans on POURING this weekend. We haven't had rain since June (or so). And you all thought the Pac NW was so wet They actually say we may have a drought to deal with next year. Which will be bad, since the lake fills up on snow runoff and rain.

going to work on the ruffles and maybe sit down and work on the ruffle butt soaker.

Sonya can you pm me the link of what you want the shirt to look like? I'll try and work on a design this weekend. If you've found something else that's okay too.
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:59 AM   #836
knibert
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by danigrace05 View Post
I'm alive. Pickle juice and chicken broth are keeping me going.
What's everyone doing today?
pickle juice????

Quote:

Hey, wants wrong w/healthy man parts????? I agree, boys are much easier!

I didn't have that impression at all.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:00 AM   #837
clothdiapercrunchy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:

Im so nervous for people to make comments about "another" girl if this is a girl. Its like, hey, we tried for 14 months we are just happy there is a live human baby growing in there. GEEZ.... People are stupid.

And, um, A. who the heck asks if a child has downs? Why does that matter???? If she did, why is that important for them to know? How rude. I've never seen any pics of her because im new, but really? WOW. (I'd totally love to see pics of EVERYONE'E families BTW!)

AFM: I spent the morning doing laundry with my best friend (she was sweet to come and help). I went to bed at 7:30 last night and slept right till 7. Im feeling pretty nauseated (pregnancy nauseated though, not GI bug, thank God). Im also tired, winded, out of breath at the smallest of chores (ok so there may have been something like 6 loads of laundry and the kitchen was trashed) but still. I don't think I should be THIS tired from house work. Im giving myself an hour on the couch then I need to work on the house again. Im going to restart those booties today. Im going back to read right now...
Old 10-11-2012, 09:15 AM   #838
MrsStripe
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:

But, you just "had" a girl, what's wrong with a boy now. People are silly. I think half of my family expects we'll have another boy and hopefully noone comments about that. They all think I would be best with boys and they are probably right. We'll see what happens. We still haven't decided whether to find out or not, but we have a month and a half to decide.

And, I don't think that I thought that at all when I saw her pic. I'll admit that sometimes I think it about babies, but would never ask the parent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensmom View Post
Sonya can you pm me the link of what you want the shirt to look like? I'll try and work on a design this weekend. If you've found something else that's okay too.
I haven't been looking. I figure I'd rather spend my money with friends. But, I just spent it yesterday so I need to get working so I have more ready for you What are you buying next.

I'm working on work. Need to get kids to answer their phones and get some work done. And, I broke out maternity pants for today. I got tired of sitting with my jeans undone.
MrsStripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:32 AM   #839
HookedByCarolyn
Registered Users
Formerly: shaneNspencersmommy
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensmom View Post

Carolyn...some people can be super mean Is she meeting milestones? If not then I'd be concerned, if she is then you can tell people to shuvitwherethesundontshine
Umm... kinda. If you can txt, I can send more details. But short story, I was very concerned with her lack of eye contact. She is now 3 months old and she is *just* now within the past week or 2 started making eye contact. Before she would smile if you spoke to her, but she smiled off to the side never AT you. She has pretty good muscle tone in her arms/legs, but cannot push up on tummy at all. She is pretty odd. Like she is a GOOD baby, only cries when needs fed or pooped, but she hates people. She would rather lay by herself than be held. IF you hold her, you must hold her facing out. She squirms and fusses if held towards you. She hates being snuggled. No newborn sleeping on your chest time with her. She hates it! She DOES like to be swaddled with a blanket though. She won't let you rock, soothe, shush, love her to sleep, she would rather you just lay her down and she will go to sleep on her own. These are all concerns I will be talking with the pedi about anyway, before these questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clothdiapercrunchy View Post
Im so nervous for people to make comments about "another" girl if this is a girl. Its like, hey, we tried for 14 months we are just happy there is a live human baby growing in there. GEEZ.... People are stupid.

And, um, A. who the heck asks if a child has downs? Why does that matter???? If she did, why is that important for them to know? How rude. I've never seen any pics of her because im new, but really? WOW. (I'd totally love to see pics of EVERYONE'E families BTW!)
I agree! Who in the world would just ASK that?!?! Only 2 straight out asked me. Others asked other people who then told me. Here's a pic of Alaina and then a pic of all of my kiddos at the pumpkin patch last week.

Old 10-11-2012, 09:36 AM   #840
clothdiapercrunchy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Umm... kinda. If you can txt, I can send more details. But short story, I was very concerned with her lack of eye contact. She is now 3 months old and she is *just* now within the past week or 2 started making eye contact. Before she would smile if you spoke to her, but she smiled off to the side never AT you. She has pretty good muscle tone in her arms/legs, but cannot push up on tummy at all. She is pretty odd. Like she is a GOOD baby, only cries when needs fed or pooped, but she hates people. She would rather lay by herself than be held. IF you hold her, you must hold her facing out. She squirms and fusses if held towards you. She hates being snuggled. No newborn sleeping on your chest time with her. She hates it! She DOES like to be swaddled with a blanket though. She won't let you rock, soothe, shush, love her to sleep, she would rather you just lay her down and she will go to sleep on her own. These are all concerns I will be talking with the pedi about anyway, before these questions.

I agree! Who in the world would just ASK that?!?! Only 2 straight out asked me. Others asked other people who then told me. Here's a pic of Alaina and then a pic of all of my kiddos at the pumpkin patch last week.

First off, huge Steelers fans here . The new baby coming has a steelers tee and diaper haha. And she is beautiful! My dd1 went through a stage where she had that flat baby nose area in between her eyes and someone insinuated she might have Downs at one time, she does not and to me looked just fine. I don't see downs in Alaina at all! She is beautiful BTW Congrats!!! What a lucky girl she will be surrounded by all those brothers! HAHA I pity any boy who wants to talk to her in the future haha