Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-07-2012, 07:34 PM   #11
armywife2002
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: What's for dinner this week?

well i made home made beef stew tonight, and we'll eat that at least one more time. the rest will either be frozen or my lunches. ds's birthday party is saturday, so we'll be having hot dogs, etc then. my sister, brother in law, neice, and dad will be here friday night, so that will have to be something quick and easy, since my sister will be making ds's cake... as for the rest of the week, im not sure yet. probably a salad, since we got lettuce and spinach in our bountiful baskets pick up this week. need to take advantage of the (probably temporary) fall weather that came into san antonio last night

Advertisement

Want to earn gift cards searching the net? Click HERE to join Swagbucks!
armywife2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:04 PM   #12
Marianna1988
Registered Users
seller
seller

Tonight we had taco mac n cheese over baked potatoes. Not sure for the rest of the week. Probably breakfast one day, BLTs and sweet potato fries one day, chicken and baked potatoes one day, and pasta one day. Not sure about the rest. We need to start eating everything we have in the freezer, so I'll start purging that out soon.
~$25 off your first order of $50 at gilt.com!
Marianna1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:38 PM   #13
lensesforeyes
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianna1988
Tonight we had taco mac n cheese over baked potatoes. Not sure for the rest of the week. Probably breakfast one day, BLTs and sweet potato fries one day, chicken and baked potatoes one day, and pasta one day. Not sure about the rest. We need to start eating everything we have in the freezer, so I'll start purging that out soon.
That sounds good. I think my newest pregnancy craving is recipes with the word 'taco'. How do you make it?

We had French toast, bacon (first time in years I've bought it, I decided to spoil DH), and mixed fruit (frozen stuff that was for smoothies that I have yet to make...). We were going to do tacos and Mexican rice, but I ended up getting a migraine right before I started dinner, so DH got to pick what he felt like making. Not surprised he went straight for the bacon the day we got it!

Rest of the week, tomorrow we'll do tacos and Mexican rice, then taco soup at some point, chili, and not sure what else. We meal plan for the month, but make a list to choose from and cross off as we go. Easier for us to stick to this way.

Last edited by lensesforeyes; 10-07-2012 at 10:44 PM.
lensesforeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:02 AM   #14
Marianna1988
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lensesforeyes View Post
That sounds good. I think my newest pregnancy craving is recipes with the word 'taco'. How do you make it?

We had French toast, bacon (first time in years I've bought it, I decided to spoil DH), and mixed fruit (frozen stuff that was for smoothies that I have yet to make...). We were going to do tacos and Mexican rice, but I ended up getting a migraine right before I started dinner, so DH got to pick what he felt like making. Not surprised he went straight for the bacon the day we got it!

Rest of the week, tomorrow we'll do tacos and Mexican rice, then taco soup at some point, chili, and not sure what else. We meal plan for the month, but make a list to choose from and cross off as we go. Easier for us to stick to this way.
Lol!

I was just kind of winging it. I started to make a box of Annie's natural shells and white cheddar, but I'm sure it can work with any kind of mac n cheese. after I added the cheese powder and milk, I added a can of organic stewed tomatoes (normally I'd use fresh, but I used all my fresh ones yesterday in a zucchini bake), a tbsp of Frontier taco seasoning, some chopped onion, some frozen organic corn, and some dried cilantro, salt, and pepper. Oh, and 1/2 a can of beans (I would have done the whole can, but by this point the little pot I was cooking in was pretty full lol). Then I just poured over a split baked potato and dolloped on some sour cream and salsa.
~$25 off your first order of $50 at gilt.com!
Marianna1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:31 AM   #15
lensesforeyes
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianna1988

Lol!

I was just kind of winging it. I started to make a box of Annie's natural shells and white cheddar, but I'm sure it can work with any kind of mac n cheese. after I added the cheese powder and milk, I added a can of organic stewed tomatoes (normally I'd use fresh, but I used all my fresh ones yesterday in a zucchini bake), a tbsp of Frontier taco seasoning, some chopped onion, some frozen organic corn, and some dried cilantro, salt, and pepper. Oh, and 1/2 a can of beans (I would have done the whole can, but by this point the little pot I was cooking in was pretty full lol). Then I just poured over a split baked potato and dolloped on some sour cream and salsa.
Yum! I wonder how it would taste with homemade Mac and cheese? My kids can't eat the powder (they break out). I normally make my Mac and cheese with nothing but noodles and cheese. I may have to experiment with this, maybe turn it into a casserole.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:07 AM   #16
redsonja
Registered Users
seller

We're doing "eat out of the fridge/freezer/pantry" this week so it should be super weird and interesting!
Old 10-08-2012, 05:16 AM   #17
Heather1583
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyattsMommy09
Nothing is in specific order:

Pot roast
Lettuce wraps with black beans
Quinoa and white bean casserole with onions
Ham and white bean soup with cornbread
Sausage and corn
Chicken tenders with peas and zucchini chips
Stuffed acorn squash

I plan on making a double batch of my chocolate cupcakes, to have some for dessert and to freeze. Maybe some applesauce or an apple pie. Not to mention everything else I get to start making I love fall.
How do you make your zucchini chips?
Old 10-08-2012, 06:48 AM   #18
NFPMommy6709
Registered Users
seller

Fish tonight
Crockpot chicken tomorrow
Leftover chicken will make enchilada casserole
Leftover chicken will serve as the meat in spaghetti
Linguini with veggies in a butter herb sauce (I love how un-thrifty that sounds. Lol But it's actually pretty cheap.)

Weekend... Idk
Old 10-08-2012, 06:53 AM   #19
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Kind of wonky week not really following the schedule

Mon-Spag and meatballs
Tues-Meatball subs/pepper and onion parm sub for me
Wed-soap and sand
Thurs--School fundraiser lobster
Fri-pizza
Sat-Baked zitti

A lot of Italian food this week--lol when things get crazy and early in my pregnancy I tend to fall back on all things italian bc I know dh will like it
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:43 AM   #20
Ducko
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Sunday: Beef Stroganoff
Monday: Tacos
Tuesday: Pot Roast, Potatoes, Carrots
Wednesday: Veggie Burgers
Thursday: Chicken Egg Rolls and Fried Rice
Friday: Lasagna
Saturday: BLTAs

Wife to Eric. SAHM to Gray (6/08) and Seth (4/10)
Ducko is offline   Reply With Quote