Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2012, 12:30 PM   #21
d_arnold's Avatar
d_arnold
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Edmond, OK
Posts: 2,564
My Mood:
Re: What's for dinner this week?

Tacos
Stuffed peppers
Crock pot buffalo chicken wraps
Warm pasta with zucchini and fresh corn

Advertisement

__________________
Wife of 6 years to DH, Momma to DD (3), and expecting Baby Girl #2 in May 2015
d_arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:08 AM   #22
MomToJazmyne's Avatar
MomToJazmyne
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Shallowater, Texas
Posts: 1,037
My Mood:
Re: What's for dinner this week?

Well, I cooked a ham and a turkey this weekend as I was craving turkey sandwiches and sandwich meat is off limits for me so we will be using those up.

Mon: turkey/ham sandwiches
Tues: Cheesy Potato and Ham Soup with muffins
Wed: Turkey Pot Pie
Thur: Scalloped Potato Casserole
Fri: Macaroni and Cheese with Ham
Sat: Turkey Chimichangas
Sun: Spaghetti
__________________
Elizabeth

J (8/15/06) and L (4/25/13)
MomToJazmyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:29 AM   #23
ArronDalesMama's Avatar
ArronDalesMama
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Detroit
Posts: 1,808
M- roasted tomato soup and grilled cheese (soup from scratch. So yummmmmmy with fresh mozz)
T- pizza casseole (like spaghetti with pepperoni)
W- honey apple pork loin, roasted potatos and broccoli
T- mini pizzas
F- left over night

The soup yesterday was amazing and we had extra to freeze. Execpt I got hot tomatos all over the kitchen when the blender lid popped off. Lol. My son that it was awesome.
__________________
Katie
Wife to Arron Jr.
Mama to Arron III
Due with #2 2/14/16
ArronDalesMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:01 PM   #24
WyattsMommy09's Avatar
WyattsMommy09
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: AL
Posts: 990
Re: What's for dinner this week?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather1583 View Post
How do you make your zucchini chips?
I just sliced the zucchinis and then dip them in egg and then in some of my breadcrumbs that I've thrown random seasonings in, lol.

I bake them on a wire rack and then spray both sides lightly with cooking spray so they get a little crispy 30 minutes at 425
WyattsMommy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:02 PM   #25
WyattsMommy09's Avatar
WyattsMommy09
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: AL
Posts: 990
Re: What's for dinner this week?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArronDalesMama View Post
M- roasted tomato soup and grilled cheese (soup from scratch. So yummmmmmy with fresh mozz)
T- pizza casseole (like spaghetti with pepperoni)
W- honey apple pork loin, roasted potatos and broccoli
T- mini pizzas
F- left over night

The soup yesterday was amazing and we had extra to freeze. Execpt I got hot tomatos all over the kitchen when the blender lid popped off. Lol. My son that it was awesome.
how do you make the soup from scratch?
WyattsMommy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:54 PM   #26
ArronDalesMama's Avatar
ArronDalesMama
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Detroit
Posts: 1,808
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyattsMommy09

how do you make the soup from scratch?
I roasted 3 lbs tomatoes on the vine with garlic cloves (about 6) sea salt and olive oil. (At 400 for about 40 minutes.)

Brown chopped onions with butter. (I did 1 yellow onion)

Add tomatoes (vines removed) & garlic with 2 cups chicken broth to the onions. And a handful of fresh basil.

Simmer for about 20 minutes

Blend it all up (I used a blender and did it in parts, or you could use and immersion).

Put back on stove and add in 1-2 cups heavy cream. ( I sorta just eye it. stir in not blend) Salt to tatse

I then put them in small bowls with fresh mozz dropped in and set them in the oven on warm to melt the cheese and wait for my hubby to come hom.

I add lots of garlic. You don't have to chop the garlic since it gets blended.

It was yummy and made a ton. Don't go short on the salt, just keep tasting to get the right amount.
__________________
Katie
Wife to Arron Jr.
Mama to Arron III
Due with #2 2/14/16
ArronDalesMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:39 PM   #27
MsGiggles's Avatar
MsGiggles
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ottawa, ON, formerly Vancouver, BC
Posts: 1,323
My Mood:
Re: What's for dinner this week?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma View Post
Kind of wonky week not really following the schedule

Mon-Spag and meatballs
Tues-Meatball subs/pepper and onion parm sub for me
Wed-soap and sand
Thurs--School fundraiser lobster
Fri-pizza
Sat-Baked zitti

A lot of Italian food this week--lol when things get crazy and early in my pregnancy I tend to fall back on all things italian bc I know dh will like it
Ok... I'm stumped! I'm intrigued but a quick net search for a 'Soap & Sand' recipe yielded nothing edible. Please share yours!
__________________
A (usually) happy wife mama to my BOGO girls, DD1 July 2010 and DD2 Dec 2011.
MsGiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:12 PM   #28
ArronDalesMama's Avatar
ArronDalesMama
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Detroit
Posts: 1,808
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsGiggles

Ok... I'm stumped! I'm intrigued but a quick net search for a 'Soap & Sand' recipe yielded nothing edible. Please share yours!
I bet it is a mistake. Soup and sand(whiches)
__________________
Katie
Wife to Arron Jr.
Mama to Arron III
Due with #2 2/14/16
ArronDalesMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:47 PM   #29
cmarsh31's Avatar
cmarsh31
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,364
My Mood:
Re: What's for dinner this week?

Mon - chili & cornbread
Tues - Peanut Egg Noodle Tatsoi
Wed - leftovers from Weekend (pizza, squash, other random stuff)
Thurs - kids get mac & cheese, Tatsoi for me, DH doesn't eat because he has a work lunch
Fri - not sure - just picked up our CSA share today, need to check it out and make a plan for Friday - Tuesday
__________________
Carly, momma to Matthew (5/2/05) and Jillian Grace (4/30/08) My Knitting Gallery Open for Customs
cmarsh31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:58 PM   #30
WyattsMommy09's Avatar
WyattsMommy09
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: AL
Posts: 990
Re: What's for dinner this week?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArronDalesMama View Post
I roasted 3 lbs tomatoes on the vine with garlic cloves (about 6) sea salt and olive oil. (At 400 for about 40 minutes.)

Brown chopped onions with butter. (I did 1 yellow onion)

Add tomatoes (vines removed) & garlic with 2 cups chicken broth to the onions. And a handful of fresh basil.

Simmer for about 20 minutes

Blend it all up (I used a blender and did it in parts, or you could use and immersion).

Put back on stove and add in 1-2 cups heavy cream. ( I sorta just eye it. stir in not blend) Salt to tatse

I then put them in small bowls with fresh mozz dropped in and set them in the oven on warm to melt the cheese and wait for my hubby to come hom.

I add lots of garlic. You don't have to chop the garlic since it gets blended.

It was yummy and made a ton. Don't go short on the salt, just keep tasting to get the right amount.

That sounds DELISH! It will have to be a lunch thing, since DH won't eat tomato soup. Bummer. But The kids and I love it!!!
WyattsMommy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.