Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-06-2012, 08:01 PM   #1
MyM&W
Registered Users
Formerly: maddiesmommy0503
seller

My Mood:
I ordered a couple shirt decals. Dds will say "I'm going to be a big sister again!" And ds will say "I'm going to be a big brother" we plan on going to my parents house and "expose" the shirts!!

Advertisement

Old 10-06-2012, 08:27 PM   #2
SaraElise
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How will you reveal?

I'm not sure yet how well tell family, it will probably be soon since

1) we are having a 21st birthday party for my BIL at our house next week and it will be super obvious if I don't drink anything
and
2) we're going to Cedar Point in 2 weeks with family and I am obsessed with roller coasters, they will know something is up if I suddenly just decline going on anything the whole day

I was thinking making big brother/big sister shirts for my kids at my son's birthday party, but I don't know

As for facebook and other friends we aren't as close with, I'm thinking of saying something like "I told Anthony I wanted either a puppy or a baby for my birthday, he said no to the puppy" since I am due on my birthday

Or I've thought about doing a family picture with my husband and I each holding one of our kids hands, and then the ultrasound in the 4th hand saying something like "we had an extra hand that needed holding"
Old 10-06-2012, 09:12 PM   #3
Erinne
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraElise View Post

1) we are having a 21st birthday party for my BIL at our house next week and it will be super obvious if I don't drink anything
and
2) we're going to Cedar Point in 2 weeks with family and I am obsessed with roller coasters, they will know something is up if I suddenly just decline going on anything the whole day

I was thinking making big brother/big sister shirts for my kids at my son's birthday party, but I don't know

As for facebook and other friends we aren't as close with, I'm thinking of saying something like "I told Anthony I wanted either a puppy or a baby for my birthday, he said no to the puppy" since I am due on my birthday

Or I've thought about doing a family picture with my husband and I each holding one of our kids hands, and then the ultrasound in the 4th hand saying something like "we had an extra hand that needed holding"
"we had an extra hand that needed holding" LOVE THAT! So cute!
We're going to tell family when we see them at Christmas, but I'm not sure how yet. I guess it will depend on how big I am, but maybe wrap an ultrasound pic or something.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:37 PM   #4
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraElise View Post

and

I love those!!!
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:42 PM   #5
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

We are planning to tell our families for Christmas. For my mom, we were trying to arrange to have all of us with kids pitch in to get her a Willow Tree grandparent set with all the grandkids, including the new baby. She'd count them for sure and would know there was an extra. But, I guess my sister already got her something, so that really won't work. I guess we could do it with just our kids, but we'll see.

Hadn't thought of anything specific for DH's side yet.

For Facebook, obviously we aren't telling til our parents know, so that'll be after Christmas and say something like "Stay tuned for the finale...June 2013" and a picture of the ultrasound or something
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:01 PM   #6
maddys_mama
Registered Users

My Mood:
We are telling folks in our Christmas cards. Dd will have a "veteran big sister" shirt and ds will have a "rookie big brother" shirt in the Christmas card picture. We'll see how long it takes for folks to notice
Old 10-07-2012, 07:26 AM   #7
MyM&W
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Love the ideas ladies!! Wish I had the will power to wait til Christmas
Old 10-07-2012, 08:10 AM   #8
kissum
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I am on the hunt for a big brother shirt for our littlest- I'm going to visit my inlaws in a few weeks and assuming we see a HB on my dating U/S we'll just have DS wear the shirt to get off the plane. I may have to tell my mom soon, because I can't stand it! But she can't keep a secret. So who knows what I'll do.
kissum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:40 AM   #9
ElsieCayare
Registered Users

My Mood:
I wanted to bring fortune cookies as our dish to pass at Thanksgiving but DH's family are prudes and he says it would be inappropriate. "Man who make deposit get big return in nine months. Lucky numbers 6 2 2013"

So maybe a shirt that says "mom's thankful for me" over the belly.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DS Forum
ElsieCayare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:04 AM   #10
MyM&W
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kissum
I am on the hunt for a big brother shirt for our littlest- I'm going to visit my inlaws in a few weeks and assuming we see a HB on my dating U/S we'll just have DS wear the shirt to get off the plane. I may have to tell my mom soon, because I can't stand it! But she can't keep a secret. So who knows what I'll do.
Most of the ones I saw were pricey. I got some iron ons for $4 on stay!! Super cute too!!