Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-08-2012, 07:58 AM   #41
sojomisa
Registered
seller

Re: Do your SO's pants

Yup. It makes me laugh just thinking about his boxers showing. So, so not his style.

Advertisement

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain. - Vivian Greene
sojomisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:24 AM   #42
KelseyH
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only
Yes, otherwise I would have not reproduced with him.
This!

And my husband is DOD and prior Air Force, so he is pretty picky about his appearance. Hair cuts weekly, collared shirts pressed, etc. If he doesn't have a belt on, he can't stand it.
KelseyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:56 AM   #43
Leah52
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yes, my husband has nerd style, he wears khaki pants and cotton button up shirts. He also works in construction and I think it would be pretty hard to do any kind of physical labor with your pants around your knees. He also wears briefs, not boxers so that wouldn't look as "cool" sticking out. lol
Old 10-08-2012, 09:20 AM   #44
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by somo_chickenlady View Post
Yep, his pants cover his underwear at all times. So does DS' pants. We do not allow sagging in our house.

Pull up your pants!!!
this is us.

DH and I have decided that if our son should ever decide to be rebellious and start sagging his pants, we will wait until we are in Wal Mart and then pull them down to his ankles. Yup, we're mean. And I do not care.

I don't want my kid walking around looking like a little thug. Besides that, we have clothes that FIT him, we own belts if his pants (for whatever reason) don't fit him, it's dangerous as he could trip, it's a trend that started in the prison system for inmates to let other men know they were "available", and I think it looks just plain RIDICULOUS.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:21 AM   #45
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only View Post
Yes, otherwise I would have not reproduced with him.
I love this response.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:28 AM   #46
Dory
Registered Users
Formerly: Thing1 & Thing2
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by amholb0
Ha ha, I love this thread!!! My poor DH has no butt but, he tries his darnedest to keep his pants up. He goes through so many belts because he pulls them really tight to keep the pants from falling. Sadly DS inherited the lack of booty, even with a cloth diaper on his pants will slowly slide down his bottom. I'm thinking of making them matching suspenders for Christmas.
I was feeling really beat up for my husband. I'm glad he's not alone. Bless his heart, he has negative butt, less than none. Concave. Sticks out no further than his thighs. Same problem yours has with belts. He does them so tight that they hurt him. He has so little that his pants and underwear don't simply slide off, they roll down. He doesn't like it, at all. It's not a fashion faux pas, it's terrible genetics. My daughter and younger son are built like him. My 3 year old son is shaped exactly like me. I wonder if strangers would even realize they're related. 3yo and I have a lot of junk in our trunks.

Last edited by Dory; 10-08-2012 at 10:30 AM.
Dory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:34 AM   #47
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This thread is crackin me up.

My DH just turned 40 and I only see his undies if he takes his pants off.

I can kind of understand high school and college kids wanting to identify with gangstas and be all "bad@$$" (pun intended). The style is associated with rebellion and prison and those things are kind of cool to pretend to be a part of when you are trying hard to pretend to be grown up. Eventually, one would hope that these boys would turn into men and leave their posturing style behind in favor of a more comfortable, practical style. I see 25+ guys who do it the same way I see women of my generation sporting the big 80s hair and pouffy bangs. To me, the style says, "I don't wanna grow up."

ETA: It's one thing to not have a behind to hold up the pants well and do the best you can. It's another thing to purposely buy pants several sizes too large, cool to you boxer shorts, and a pair of briefs just so you can wear your pants around your knees and gangsta walk.

Last edited by mcpforever; 10-08-2012 at 10:35 AM.
mcpforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:36 AM   #48
ariandsofiesmom
Registered Users

My Mood:

ALWAYS! LOL! I still cannot believe that this is a "fashion statement"!
Old 10-08-2012, 10:41 AM   #49
Mom23kids
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by somo_chickenlady View Post
Yep, his pants cover his underwear at all times. So does DS' pants. We do not allow sagging in our house.

Pull up your pants!!!
Mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:45 AM   #50
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

DH doesn't have much butt to speak of, even with a belt his pants slide down enough that the top of his waistband is showing - but that's always covered by his shirts so I allow it.

Saggy pants were always an immediate disqualifier for men back in my single days.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote