Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-07-2012, 09:19 PM   #1
Marianna1988
Registered Users
seller
seller

BPA-free cans

What brand of canned food (beans maybe? IDR what the food was) is free of BPA? I usually use fresh/frozen/dried foods, but I do like to keep a few back up cans just in case.

Advertisement

~$25 off your first order of $50 at gilt.com!
Marianna1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:26 PM   #2
wavesofgrace
Registered Users
seller

Re: BPA-free cans

Eden Foods... I think I read that they were the first company to start using BPA-free cans. There may be other companies that have switched over too, but Eden is the only one I know for sure.

HTH! :0)

wavesofgrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:01 AM   #3
vjbakke
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Eden has some things in Tetra packs. Even if the cans are BPA free that is no guarantee that what they replaced the bpa lining is any safer. I would stick with glass if tetra pack. We haven't bought any metal canned food in years.
vjbakke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:28 PM   #4
Marianna1988
Registered Users
seller
seller

I don't know what tetra is

Where do you find things in glass? The only "canned" food I see that isn't in metal cans is some fruits (peaches, pears, and fruit cocktail), but even then they are still in plastic. I don't buy canned fruit anyway, it tastes gross and I'd rather have frozen if I can't have fresh. I keep tomatoes (diced and sauce) and beans as a back up. I've never seen those in anything but tin cans.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
~$25 off your first order of $50 at gilt.com!
Marianna1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:02 PM   #5
vjbakke
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Here are what they look like- https://www.google.com/search?q=tetr...w=1280&bih=861

We buy tomato products in glass from Azure.
vjbakke is offline   Reply With Quote