Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-08-2012, 08:40 AM   #1
BESMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Was in ER on Friday :(

I posted this on the general pregnancy board too, but am really anxious to hear any experiences anyone has had with this....

Friday I found myself in the ER bleeding like crazy at 8 weeks. Ultrasound revealed a 2cm subchorionic hemorrhage ER doc wasn't a whole lot of help on the prognosis other than "you're at higher risk of miscarriage now". I'll be seeing my ob on Wednesday. Hopefully will get more specific info then.

Anyone else dealing with this or had it in a previous pregnancy?

Advertisement

Old 10-08-2012, 09:41 AM   #2
Hellga
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
That's really scary! I hope everything goes okay I will pray for you.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Slowly but surely making money with Swagbucks!
Hellga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:03 AM   #3
MamaNae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Was in ER on Friday :(

A blog I follow, the writer has a blood clot between her placenta and uterus. She's on bedrest and stuff.

My advice is to take it as easy as you can...no heavy lifting, sit as much as you can, drink plenty of water. ((hugs))
Renae. Helpmeet to my hottie hubby, Josh. Devoted Mama to my Wolf scout-bookworm-sports-a-holic James (7), my Daisy Scout Princess Aldria (5) and my 2 year old Tornado Emmett and [COLOR="Magenta"] and my tiny squish Cora Paige! (May 2013)
MamaNae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:07 AM   #4
weesej
Registered Users
seller
seller

I had a 3cm SCH with baby #7. I bled on and off until week 16. It is scary, especially because you often bleed so much so quickly, but yours is actually on the smaller size and most likely everything will be okay!

"It's not healthy to have spirochetes eating away at your brain" What do you know about Lyme?
weesej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:35 PM   #5
Mom2ManyBlessings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I had a small one with my last baby at 12 weeks. I did total bedrest and had an ultrasound again at 14 weeks and it has resolved itself. My midwife insisted on full bedrest. The ER Dr. told me it didnt matter what I did, I had an high chance of loosing the baby. My midwife said that was crud and said shed seen bedrest work and it was better to do everything you can.
Praying it resolves quickly. Im sorry.

Sent from my phone, excuse any typos.
Mom2ManyBlessings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:46 PM   #6
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Ddc... I saw this on my current threads list and had to post. I know how scary this is. With my last pregnancy I was diagnosed at 20 weeks with a SCH and it was big. Like, golf ball sized. I was bleeding and my placenta was abrupting. I was absolutely devastated. Actually if there are words to describe that I felt as if the world was collapsing in on me- thats where I was. I was put on full bed rest in the hospital (I had three boys at home and dr knew I would be tempted) and told to wait it out. Basically, there was nothing they could do. I prayed so hard, I asked for others to pray. I begged the Lord to spare my baby girl. The very next morning I asked for a follow up ultrasound to check the status. My dr really resisted and his theory was- there's no reason to, it won't change anything. I politely demanded one and told him I needed to know what was happening, if there was change either way. He ordered one and three hours later he sat on my bedside and said it was gone. Completely gone with no signs of ever having existed. The placenta had fused back to the uterus and baby was thriving. Dd is now as very healthy 14 month old. I truly believe it was a miracle. The power of prayer is strong. I will pray for healing for you and the SCH and that your baby continues to thrive.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:06 AM   #7
BESMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for sharing your stories and keeping my bean in your prayers. Brittney, I totally believe in miracles. Praying like crazy
Old 10-09-2012, 11:03 AM   #8
Diaper Safari
Registered Users

I have one, was diagnosed at about 6 wks with it, and it was still there at about 8wks.

My OB said that they don't worry about them too much if they're not bigger than the gestational sac. She did say that I might bleed, but that as long as there wasn't cramping or anything that it was probably just the SCH and not to worry about it. It's scary and it sucks, but it will probably be ok. She did not recommend anything like bedrest or anything, just to know it was there and not to get too freaked out if I bled again.
Diaper Safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:36 AM   #9
rumblepurr
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Second star to the right and straight on till morning!
My Mood:

I hope the bleeding stops soon!
rumblepurr is online now   Reply With Quote