Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-10-2012, 07:53 PM   #171
leviandgarettsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by geetabean
Okay, I think OPKs hate me. I got a positive on a cbe digital after holding for 4 hours today around 1:00 and then I tested again at 5:00 after holding for 4 hours again with another cbe digi and a wondfo and got a negative. Last cycle my OPK was positive for about 24 hours. I wonder if the test at 1:00 was a false positive?? Sometimes all this technology just seems to make everything more complicated! I'm in the process of holding until 9:00 and gonna test again. Annoying!
You're not suppose to "hold" like you do with HPTs... that's why they don't recommend FMU for OPKs. Just pick a few times...mid to late morning, mid to late afternoon (if you're a true ATTSer ), and mid evening (which is the considered the best time to OPK test). Too much OPK testing will make you Lol

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum

Advertisement

leviandgarettsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:54 PM   #172
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
Ya, I peed on a stick just now. I sad eff it and I'm gonna test everyday until its positive or AF shows. I can't not pee on them! Plus, they are like $.08!!!!
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:57 PM   #173
carlycurry
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: TTC 30+ Oct. 8-Oct. 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaDeanette View Post
Ya, I peed on a stick just now. I sad eff it and I'm gonna test everyday until its positive or AF shows. I can't not pee on them! Plus, they are like $.08!!!!
Exactly how I feel... with the co-op allowing me to buy 75 of them at 8 cents each... yeah, trust me, I have a ton... plus I have 20 other internet cheapies I had bought on ebay a month or two ago, plus 3 FRERS and 2 Clearblue digitals... I am stocked better than Wal-Mart over here.....
Baby #3 coming July 2015
carlycurry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:58 PM   #174
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlycurry

Exactly how I feel... with the co-op allowing me to buy 75 of them at 8 cents each... yeah, trust me, I have a ton... plus I have 20 other internet cheapies I had bought on ebay a month or two ago, plus 3 FRERS and 2 Clearblue digitals... I am stocked better than Wal-Mart over here.....
All I have is cheapies. If/when I get a line I will be buying all the sticks!
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:58 PM   #175
geetabean
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by leviandgarettsmom View Post
You're not suppose to "hold" like you do with HPTs... that's why they don't recommend FMU for OPKs. Just pick a few times...mid to late morning, mid to late afternoon (if you're a true ATTSer ), and mid evening (which is the considered the best time to OPK test). Too much OPK testing will make you Lol

Huh... the directions that came with the cbe digi OPKs said that I needed to not pee for 4 hours before testing. I haven't been using FMU because I've read that a lot of people get false + because the pee is so concentrated. So, I pee when I first get up and then refrain from peeing for 4 hours, poas and then repeat a few times a day.

I agree though.....OPKs will make you .
Old 10-10-2012, 08:01 PM   #176
carlycurry
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I can see why the directions say 4 hours ... when I test with pee that's way too diluted I get hardly any line at all on an OPK, even on a near-positive day. I think you are doing it right. And omg, they will make you super-crazy... it's terrible.
Baby #3 coming July 2015
Old 10-11-2012, 04:01 AM   #177
photocat
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by geetabean View Post
I think I'm pretty close behind you. I'd love to see your chart (if you feel comfortable sharing!).....mine is listed in my siggy!
Ok, I have been trying for about half an hour to put a link to my darn chart. So far I have managed to put a thumbnail of the actual chart or a great big line of link text. I wanna do a discreet little thingy with my chart link that I can hide somewhere in my siggy. Now, I know someone gave instructions about that about a week ago, anyone care to repeat them?
I'm on the Sharing, Get Code page but not sure which one to use.

Help?

photocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:23 AM   #178
carlycurry
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photocat View Post
Ok, I have been trying for about half an hour to put a link to my darn chart. So far I have managed to put a thumbnail of the actual chart or a great big line of link text. I wanna do a discreet little thingy with my chart link that I can hide somewhere in my siggy. Now, I know someone gave instructions about that about a week ago, anyone care to repeat them?
I'm on the Sharing, Get Code page but not sure which one to use.

Help?
Go to "sharing" then go to "setup" -- copy and paste the URL where it says: "Your Charting Home Page Web Address:" and that's the web address to link your chart.
Baby #3 coming July 2015
Old 10-11-2012, 05:41 AM   #179
leviandgarettsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by geetabean

Huh... the directions that came with the cbe digi OPKs said that I needed to not pee for 4 hours before testing. I haven't been using FMU because I've read that a lot of people get false + because the pee is so concentrated. So, I pee when I first get up and then refrain from peeing for 4 hours, poas and then repeat a few times a day.

I agree though.....OPKs will make you .
Sorry...didn't realize you we're using digi. I guess those are different. I've never used those, so don't mind me. Lol Carry on! Carry on!

Old 10-11-2012, 05:48 AM   #180
leviandgarettsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlycurry
I can see why the directions say 4 hours ... when I test with pee that's way too diluted I get hardly any line at all on an OPK, even on a near-positive day. I think you are doing it right. And omg, they will make you super-crazy... it's terrible.
No, you don't want it too diluted, but a couple hours hold with an IC will give you a true reading & holding it too long (I'm pretty sure, but don't hold me to it ) can possibly give you a false positive. But this is with an IC...I've never used a digi OPK. I just give my info off of what I've read & personal experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 812ajack

Congrats mama!

Sorry you still have a few days though so don't lose hope

Get to it (and I'm with ya on the cup) I just throw my legs in the air after we're done. Not very romantic but who cares

I never got a positive on these tests either. So def don't lose hope. Could totally be a BFP and just a crappy test!

So still no AF- should I do anohter round of progesterone or give it a few days? I just want to scream at my body, but I know it won't help
How long since you stopped taking it? I would probably do it again.

Last edited by leviandgarettsmom; 10-11-2012 at 05:55 AM.