Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-13-2012, 10:41 AM   #311
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

How did you not test this am carrie? You have a set of brass ones for sure! Ill be stalking tomorrow am and expecting more sticks to analyze! Lol

Advertisement

Old 10-13-2012, 12:13 PM   #312
tedcgh
Registered Users
seller
seller

Does anyone know if there will be a strip co op again? Last time I had just bought some and was convinced that I could conserve them. Now I wish I would have bought some with the co op.

Day 5 of heavy-medium flow and we are on a trip to see DH's family. I was looking at when my O time should be and it is on DS's birthday. Maybe it will be my lucky cycle.
Old 10-13-2012, 12:31 PM   #313
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedcgh
Does anyone know if there will be a strip co op again? Last time I had just bought some and was convinced that I could conserve them. Now I wish I would have bought some with the co op.

Day 5 of heavy-medium flow and we are on a trip to see DH's family. I was looking at when my O time should be and it is on DS's birthday. Maybe it will be my lucky cycle.
I have no idea! But, I will be buying more then. I can't have any less than 50 of each or I'll be crazy!
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 01:32 PM   #314
beckstar
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: TTC 30+ Oct. 8-Oct. 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyfoxy View Post
Good day ladies,
I've got a few questions for you all. I'm fixing to order more HPT too have on hand when we get to start TTC again but I was wondering how well does this brand work. Name is babi One Step HCG Urine Pregnancy Test?

Give me some name of ones you all use. I do have some wondfo one but was looking a few other brands to try.

I'm need to stock my cabinet before we start again after my surgeries.
i have the babi sticks and they are fatter than the coop ones...not sure next to a wondfo, but i think they're probably just as good as wondfo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamatoabunch View Post
Hey ladies I have a squinter too. All my kids could see it, then dh could too after I woke him. I am 12dpo, never had such a faint line on this day post O. The other test on the top is the 10dpo. I am in official obsessing mode! I can't believe it and keep thinking it is just an evap line, maybe it is. Can anybody see it? It showed up at about 5 minutes into the test.

take a pic of the strip out of the case...it could be an indent line...also, dont use flash...get some natural light.

as for the coop strips, i dont love them. i get an evap on every single one i take.

im pretty sad today. sick...and bfn after bfn...and yes, i realize im only 9dpo...and shouldn't have started testing this early...but im hooked now after those maybes...
Old 10-13-2012, 01:44 PM   #315
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckstar
i have the babi sticks and they are fatter than the coop ones...not sure next to a wondfo, but i think they're probably just as good as wondfo...

take a pic of the strip out of the case...it could be an indent line...also, dont use flash...get some natural light.

as for the coop strips, i dont love them. i get an evap on every single one i take.

im pretty sad today. sick...and bfn after bfn...and yes, i realize im only 9dpo...and shouldn't have started testing this early...but im hooked now after those maybes...
I haven't gotten a singe evap from the tests. I have tested negative and they've stayed that way even wen dried.

TA: I'm not trying to call you on it! I'm just wondering if something in some people's urine causes evaps?

Last edited by Tina5834; 10-13-2012 at 01:52 PM.
Old 10-13-2012, 01:51 PM   #316
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
DP
Old 10-13-2012, 05:25 PM   #317
leviandgarettsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaDeanette

I haven't gotten a singe evap from the tests. I have tested negative and they've stayed that way even wen dried.

TA: I'm not trying to call you on it! I'm just wondering if something in some people's urine causes evaps?
I wonder the same thing, cause I've never, ever gotten an evap on anything.

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum

leviandgarettsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:44 PM   #318
photocat
Registered Users

You gals are funny with all the poas talk. I have never poas until af was late, before ttc this time round, it just never really occurred to me to do so. And the darn things are so expensive here, chemist or supermarket for about $20 for two, I think they are FRER.
And I get so nervous when I go to poa opk, I cannot imagine doing it every day several times a day for an hpt. I would be a complete wreck! If I was a poas addict, I'd have to hide it from dh for sure, he would never understand. 'Cos if they were cheap and readily available, I would be probably persuade myself to do it, nervous or not.

Even going to FF to enter my temp makes me slightly anxious, I just wanna see goodness, ya know? The perfect chart! But I need to remember no matter what numbers I enter on there, there is zero I can do to change things at this point in my cycle. Deep breath.....

So, my chart is showing a definite dip, down yesterday and down again today at 6 dpo.

Question: when your temp drops before af, how soon before af arrives does it drop? I'm on cd 20 and have been getting 26 day cycles of late, hoping for a longer cycle this time because I think I O'd later than usual. Or, maybe that is when I always O but because I haven't been charting, I wasn't aware of it.

Arghh, anxiety anyone? We are at about 14 months ttc and the clock is ticking!

Edit: chart link is the C at the end of the top line of my siggy.

photocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:12 PM   #319
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by photocat
You gals are funny with all the poas talk. I have never poas until af was late, before ttc this time round, it just never really occurred to me to do so. And the darn things are so expensive here, chemist or supermarket for about $20 for two, I think they are FRER.
And I get so nervous when I go to poa opk, I cannot imagine doing it every day several times a day for an hpt. I would be a complete wreck! If I was a poas addict, I'd have to hide it from dh for sure, he would never understand. 'Cos if they were cheap and readily available, I would be probably persuade myself to do it, nervous or not.

Even going to FF to enter my temp makes me slightly anxious, I just wanna see goodness, ya know? The perfect chart! But I need to remember no matter what numbers I enter on there, there is zero I can do to change things at this point in my cycle. Deep breath.....

So, my chart is showing a definite dip, down yesterday and down again today at 6 dpo.

Question: when your temp drops before af, how soon before af arrives does it drop? I'm on cd 20 and have been getting 26 day cycles of late, hoping for a longer cycle this time because I think I O'd later than usual. Or, maybe that is when I always O but because I haven't been charting, I wasn't aware of it.

When I've been looking at charts it usually dips the day of or the day before AF.
Old 10-13-2012, 09:53 PM   #320
geetabean
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photocat View Post

Ask Kimmie to look at your chart for you....she's the bomb! It would seem to me that it's really early for you to be having a dip for AF. Wouldn't CD20 be super early for you? Maybe it's an implantation dip?? My fingers are crossed really tight for you, mama!

As far as the poas addiction, I think it could easily get out of control if I let it.....so I try not to let it. I was actually explaining this to my DH tonight. It has taken us longer this time around than with our other 3, which gives me a lot of time on my hands to dream about our next baby. I could either drive myself crazy obsessing about why I'm not pg yet, or I could take charge of my fertility and chart and check my cm & cervix position and use OPKs (although I have been testing with opks a bit excessively.....like 4 times a day! ) and I can at least feel like I'm making the most of this downtime I have between cycles. I feel like the information I am amassing could make a difference, and it might help me capture that eggie and get my baby! I think the fact that there are cheap outlets for getting opks and hpts (amazon & the coop) make it a lot easier and cost effective to kind of go overboard on the testing, but it helps the time pass more quickly and gives me something to be excited about (Eureka! A positive OPK!!!) and actually helps to keep me sane.

Everyone handles this journey differently. I'm really happy that I have a place where I can go and talk about all of this stuff.....most people irl would think I am super crazy to be obsessing over a 4th baby. My husband knows me and takes it all with a grain of salt.....if the pg tests were 2 for $20 though, I might have a lot more restrictions! Here's hoping you get some good news very soon!