Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-14-2012, 05:30 PM   #351
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamatoabunch
Well af showed this morning. I am never buying FRED again. They used to be my go to, but no more. I was fooled, well kind of. Anyway, I had a big, fat cry after Mass today. Nothing seems to be going right.

Advertisement

Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 05:43 PM   #352
mvp529
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: TTC 30+ Oct. 8-Oct. 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamatoabunch View Post
Well af showed this morning. I am never buying FRED again. They used to be my go to, but no more. I was fooled, well kind of. Anyway, I had a big, fat cry after Mass today. Nothing seems to be going right.

So sorry, Annabelle. Praying for you, girl.
Old 10-14-2012, 06:09 PM   #353
Jubilee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Tina, I love your avatar....that is great!
and full-time student.
Jubilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:31 PM   #354
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubilee
Tina, I love your avatar....that is great!
it's what my sticks call to me!
Old 10-14-2012, 06:34 PM   #355
geetabean
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm gonna go ahead and call O! I'm 99% sure it happened last night.

Please add me to tww for next week!

geetabean (Gina) 32
TWW
Actively trying to get knocked up

for everyone who is still waiting!
Old 10-14-2012, 07:36 PM   #356
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamatoabunch
So sorry mama! I read fred are NOT as good as frer. I think. I may be making things up.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:46 PM   #357
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriek38
Thanks for the well wishes, ladies; I appreciate it.

We're still foster/adopt certified...we've discussed it a number of times. We pursued it b/c we were primarily interested in foster care, not necessarily adoption, but we wanted the option to adopt if a child in our care were a good fit in our home & was freed. Adoption for us could be a very expensive endeavor w/ a very long wait. Adopting (purposely) out of FC is not really something I'm interested in. The county we're certified in truly doesn't place infants, but for maybe 1 or 2 per year, & that's for FC, not directly adoption. The county where we live is where we started our foster/adopt certification; we chose not to complete b/c of some practices that were pretty biased against any non-white, non-straight or otherwise non-majority households. We haven't seriously pursued private adoption b/c it can be so difficult & expensive for S-S couples...and b/c we'd like to have that baby before we're both 50

One of the ladies I work with did Clomid for a while before she adopted her daughter in the early '80s. I think it was about 3yrs later that she ended up pg w/ her 2nd daughter.

I actually have 2 vials of low-count sperm from Ellie's donor; they are useable for either IUI or IVF. It would be nice for them to be half-sibs, but the longer we go on, the less imperative it is, KWIM? I mean, this IUI was not the same donor. I had bought 2 vials from another cryobank when Ellie's donor was no longer available; I used it for the 1st IUI & this one.

Yes and no, I guess. I don't want it to be "mine" in a creepy "It's all mine, my preshhhhhuuuussss!" kind of way, but more in the way that (b/c of my own family baggage) I'm pretty sensitive to power imbalances & I have less power in my family--I have fewer financial resources & I have no bio connection to Ellie, so while I have some legal protections in NY, I still have less power in terms of parental rights...Ellie wants a sib (a sister, really ) & this would help balance things a bit.

IDK, I've got the go-ahead from DP to talk to them tomorrow about IVF & at least exploring the financials on it. It really might be do-able if DP's insurance continues to cover meds & monitoring & we just have to cover the IVF itself. DP has PCOS, so getting pg is no small thing for her, either, & I believe she'd like to have another. I feel like crap on the meds, but I produce lots of good-looking follicles w/ not a ton of meds, given enough time. Hopefully, I would produce enough & the ICSI would go well enough to do a fresh cycle & freeze. That might give DP the option of doing an FET at some point, which I think she'd be interested in.

I'm with you. I think my "big fat cry" will come later this week & will require a call-in to work, lots of knitting, maybe a nap, & probably some wine.
I dont know what icsi is but are you talking about potentially doing ivf yourself now then later freya doing a fet with your thawed fertilized eggies?! That really makes my heart go pitter patter!!!

Also im so dense but I didn't even consider the fact that you guys might have a harder time getting picked as APs because you are a same sex couple. That is part of the reason domestic infant adoption is so distasteful for me because I can't bear the thought of someone looking at our family and saying "nope, that would not be a good family for our baby!" But I did see a reality show about adoption (and all reality shows are totally realistic) and this woman chose gay men for get baby and she had some very specific and reasonable reasons for that. I guess its enough of an anomoly to make a show about it but you never know.

Last edited by newmommy13; 10-14-2012 at 07:49 PM.
newmommy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:36 PM   #358
MyGlorylife
Registered Users
Formerly: WrapHappy
seller
seller

My Mood:

weekends are busy but I popped on to see how everyone was doing- I have SO MANY SYMPS! am hoping to get a bfp this week! will be 7dpo tmw- let the poas week begin!
MyGlorylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:40 PM   #359
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
9DPO and still negative tests. Which doesn't worry me because I didn't get a positive one 'not even a squinter' until 11DPO. But I just want double lines!
Old 10-14-2012, 08:44 PM   #360
geetabean
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyGlorylife View Post
weekends are busy but I popped on to see how everyone was doing- I have SO MANY SYMPS! am hoping to get a bfp this week! will be 7dpo tmw- let the poas week begin!
Yay! I'm looking forward to watching everyone poas this next week. I am only 1dpo so I have a looong time to wait.....hopefully everyone else will keep me busy with squinters!

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!