Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-15-2012, 08:41 AM   #1
Leaner
Registered Users

My Mood:
Freaking out about #4.

Yesterday I realized that, even though we both want this baby, I am freaked out by being pregnant! DH wanted to talk about something and all I wanted was to talk about the baby though really there isn't much to discuss this early.

This is our 7th pg (we have 3 girls) and we've waited 5 yrs between the 1st and 2nd and 2nd and 3rd. I've never had 2 little ones before and Natalie is only 18 months so she'll be 27ish months when "quattro" comes.

I get really sick, too during the first 6ish months. I am 4 weeks today and already feeling a little yucky if I don't eat.

I just feel so stupid for being so freaked out about it. Am I the only one that feels this way? I am excited. Just worried about how it will all work.

Advertisement

Leaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:52 AM   #2
kissum
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
I'm a little anxious too. My first two have a big gap, 5 years. And I liked that gap! The idea of two in diapers, possibly two nursing and just the day to day handling of a toddler and a newborn is freaking me out.
kissum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:07 AM   #3
Leaner
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Freaking out about #4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissum View Post
I'm a little anxious too. My first two have a big gap, 5 years. And I liked that gap! The idea of two in diapers, possibly two nursing and just the day to day handling of a toddler and a newborn is freaking me out.
Exactly! My toddler is nursing and I want to be able to keep nursing her if she wants... but when I'm puking and unable to eat much...? how will I feel then?!
I have to breath deeply and remind myself that this will be awesome in the end.
Leaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:04 PM   #4
SaraElise
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Our closest gap is 13 months and it's the same between our 2nd and 3rd and 3rd and this baby (27 months)

I LOVE having them close together. It's a little rough in the beginning (the 13 months gap nearly made me lose my mind for a while there), but so, so worth it!

My kids are each others best friends, and since they are close in age, really enjoy playing together and are interested in the same things.

I've done 2 in diapers twice now, and will probably do it for at least a few months this time around too. It's really not bad because you are not changing toddler diapers nearly as often as the new baby's. I just planned out diaper changes so when I did change the toddler, it was at the same time as the baby, it doesn't take much longer to change 2 diapers than 1.

Nursing while pregnant was hard for me last time, but my son was only 5 months old when I got pregnant, so he wasn't even on solids yet. Tandem nursing was such a great bonding thing for my boys.

My daughter is still nursing this time, but I won't be sad if she decides to wean sometime soon.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:30 PM   #5
mmeneely
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We are also expecting #4 and although I KNOW I will be nuts, I really wanted to create a family like my mom and dad have. They have brotherS and sisterS, not just each other. I always wanted another sibling, even though I love my sister.
mmeneely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 06:22 AM   #6
Tordreamer
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My first two are 9 years apart! #2 and #3 will be 21 months apart. The thought definitely freaks me out a little, but I know it was the best choice for us! My husband works weekends and stays home with LO during the week. We won't be able to do this forever, so we might as well have the babies while we can make it work!
Old 10-22-2012, 11:25 AM   #7
txmommytobe
Registered Users

My Mood:
This is #4 for us and after having my first 3 within 3 years it is crazy to think about having another right before my baby turns 7!! Lol a whole new world for us

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 10-22-2012, 05:48 PM   #8
tricia17lee
Registered Users
seller

And here I'm scared to go from 1 to 2!
tricia17lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:45 PM   #9
Mommaofalittlemonster
Registered Users

I'm nervous too but my youngest will only be 13 and a half months when this baby is due. He'll be 6 months on the 27th.
Mommaofalittlemonster is offline   Reply With Quote