Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-14-2012, 11:29 PM   #1
hisleading
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
income ideas?

Tell me your best income ideas.....we are new to the area so I do not know many people....we homeshool during the day (so I teach )......I thought about simply buying and resealing (perhaps ebay? craiglist?)
Then there are the classic party plan companies which sound GREAT but I fail every time!!! ( I have done Pampered Chef and Thirty ONe)

I thought about making and selling things for the holidays but where would I even start?

I have been "around this mountain" so many times, I am beginning to think maybe a part time job is my best option!?

Advertisement

Old 10-15-2012, 12:45 AM   #2
evasimone
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: income ideas?

I vote for a part time job if you truly want a steady income and you can find the childcare. Otherwise I would say ebay but truthfully the amount of time you spend buying, taking pictures, listing etc. etc. is way more than what you would spend on a 12 hour a week part time gig.

I do ebay just because I simply don't want to take a second job and I like just being able to work on my own time for a little extra money.

I also do swagbucks which I like. It takes some time but I've done it for less than a month and have earned $35 in amazon gift cards. I usually do it while DH and I are relaxing on the couch so it's not a big deal to take a survey or watch some videos.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:50 AM   #3
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am attempting the ebay route right now as getting a job outside the home isn't an option for me at this time. It does take a LOT of work. The best advice I've gotten is if you don't have money to invest initially in inventory, start with things you have around the house. Then use that money to buy more from Goodwill and Garage Sales, etc.
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:50 AM   #4
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mrs_Brady
seller
seller

I buy and re-sell on ebay. I profit aprox $1000 a month from it. There's a VERY long ebay thread here in thrifty if you go back a few pages. We also have an ebay group on facebook. We chat all day long about every ebay question you can imagine lol. If you want to join us, feel free to add me as a friend https://www.facebook.com/natasha.brady.980

It's a private group so I have to add you to it after you add me as a friend. I really enjoy ebay-ing. I LOVE shopping, so this is a way to shop and make money. I WOH full time (I'm a teacher) and am in grad school, and have 5 kids. So if I can do it, you can do it, even with homeschooling. My kids usually come shopping with me. I teach them the brands to look for, etc and we learn about profit margins, and prices and all that good stuff. Hey, take every opportunity you can to learn The baby just hangs out in the ergo while I shop, hehe.

Now, it is VERY time consuming. In summer I did it full-time because I was not teaching (obviously). Now that school has started back up I do all the shopping and listing and dh handles all the shipping. He will also answer questions, take measurements, etc during the day when I am not home. So we are a good team with that. It supplements our income and I love it. Whew, sorry for the long post!