Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-10-2012, 08:35 PM   #41
lensesforeyes
Registered Users

Re: Dave Ramsey Support Thread Oct 8 - Oct 14

Finished our monthly shopping, and came in $6 under budget! Pretty good with how much we needed (changed up our menu a lot this month), and especially good since I spent about $10 on stuff we didn't "need"-marshmallows for my sweet tooth (four bags of minis for me, should last a long while, and one bag of regular to bribe the kids with since I took all four by myself) and a dozen fresh bagels since the kids were starving. That's what I get for taking them after Mainly Music and forgetting to bring lunch type food. I'm already close to budget on most of our other categories, though, and we need to make it to 11/9 on what we have. Boo. Oh well, other than ice cream (one of my two huge pregnancy cravings) and a bit of produce, we shouldn't *have* to buy any more groceries, and have more than enough left in the grocery budget (I budget $600, normally, and $300 goes to what we need for the menu, the rest goes for things like ice cream, weekly produce over what we get with WIC, and stocking up on normally eaten food when on sale, this month with extra needed for our fall traditions, I brought the food budget down to $500). Unfortunately, we will be spending more in gas this month, as I now have to go in every two weeks for the midwife for the next month, followed by weekly. That means two extra trips to Seattle on top of weekly appointments for DD2's therapy, which this month is an extra trip with five weeks in the month. Adds a lot of gas to the budget. Really hoping I can stick to $50 a week for gas the next four weeks! Also have to keep $30 open in the budget for our trip to the island I grew up on to go trick or treating, although my parents may end up covering that, I just don't want to count on it, as I wouldn't want to ask. They live over there, and usually do pay for our ferry fair. So, anyway, REALLY need to rein in the spending!

Advertisement

Old 10-10-2012, 08:38 PM   #42
huntressxx
Registered Users

My Mood:
Payday. Extra 500 in savings bringing total to 8500 and extra 500 on the car... Bringing that to 36500 and doubled the camper payment to 400 so down to 22000...
No cc debt..cancelled 2 cards today as I realized I had too many laying around.
Also just found out my husbands gonna be working the winter. Which is huge when you expect a 5 month lay off at 1600 a month to working for 5000 a month. Then my piddly 1600 a month on mat leave. The car has a lower interest rate at 3.99 percent with ford credit. Cars worth about 40k-45k... But camper has the lower payment despite higher interest rate. So I'm torn which one to pay first. The ford payment 700 a month. The camper payment is 165... I'd like to know that in crisis the bigger payments gone. And campers hold their value.

Our trip south this weekend to Muskoka killed our budget a bit. And we got a rock in the windshield of my car with 4000km on it... Good thing for a 0 deductible. Especially with the rain sensing stuff.

Here's hoping everything stays smooth. I have to do one more big shopping trip but other than hotel and gas were only getting stuff covered by our content insurance from house fire I need clothes.

Nature Decor On Etsy. Nature Photography Suited for Any Style!
Gonna be Cloth Diapering A Newborn August 24th, 2012
huntressxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:49 AM   #43
sweetgrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Why do I feel like I am living for Fridays (payday)!!!! By the time Thursday rolls around we are broke and I can't wait for one more day so I can get some bills paid and off my desk It's cool though that we are able to make the bills. Getting out of debt seems like such a long way off. Alot can happen in 3-4 years! I guess I'm worried about being able to follow through to the end.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:10 AM   #44
IsaacsMom2009
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Paid 700 on CC1 and 25 on CC 2. If my hours keep up, I should have all three cards paid off by the end of November

I need to sit down this weekend and go through my cupboards, coupons, and sales papers and figure out what I need to get for food. I know I need sugar and syrup and butter. I think I'm just going to sit down and make a mega list and then go over it with FIL to see if he can pick up any of it.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:14 AM   #45
crazyeyesmcgee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamanMoore
Congratulations on the new baby!
And for the dental work. That's never fun.

AFM: I was going to buy jeans, since I ripped my only non-maternity pair on thanksgiving, but I really hate shopping. I was telling my friend about this and she first offers to watch my boys so I could to shopping alone then hen I tell her plan to procrastinate as long as possible she gives me some of her old jeans that don't fit her anymore. So basically, I have the best friends ever! I'm going to either pay her for the pants or give her a thank you gift.
Also DH got a call today that his entry for renaming our towns little thrift store won and he gets an iPad!! I've always wanted one, by would never spend the $$. He's mentioned selling it but I want to keep it. We'll see I guess. Either way, winning is fun!

Sent from my iPod touch using DS Forum
Whew, good job for your DH on the iPad and keep vs. sell would be a hard decision for me! They are really cool...
Old 10-11-2012, 10:41 AM   #46
emilyrebekah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm splurging tomorrow.... I decided to have my SIL's wedding photographer do a fall family shoot for us. I could attempt my own family shoot, but I'd love some more dynamic family candids. We've never had formal photos done of the three of us, so I'd like to do them now. I'm not being charged a ton, but it is a hit to the budget. I am compensating by cheaping out on a friend's shower gift. I feel like I can easily justify it when the friends getting married are both over 25, were both homeowners, and are DINKS. Everything on their registry is an "upgrade", as they put it. I am sure they will be happy with receiving a game from me, since they love to entertain friends.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:02 PM   #47
KiltedKingdom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsaacsMom2009 View Post
Paid 700 on CC1 and 25 on CC 2. If my hours keep up, I should have all three cards paid off by the end of November

I need to sit down this weekend and go through my cupboards, coupons, and sales papers and figure out what I need to get for food. I know I need sugar and syrup and butter. I think I'm just going to sit down and make a mega list and then go over it with FIL to see if he can pick up any of it.
WTG on getting the cc's knocked down! Hope the hours keep up for you. I need to go through my cupboards too. They're all full, but I feel like I never have meal options.

DH got paid today. It is about $300 more than he's been getting, so if he keeps making about this much, then we'll be doing better. I really need to get the bef built back up before I feel good about where we are financially, though.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:32 PM   #48
drabekgirl
Registered Users

Dh and I get paid tomorrow. I'm keeping $200 out $150 for Christmas the rest to build my savings (goal for some larger NEEDED items). But other than mortgage I think the rest could go towards medical payments. Dh has still been working over time this week even though he keeps telling me that he won't be.

I was chatting at church last night and found another person with perhaps free pulpwood (he has to ask his dad who's wood it is it was unexceptable for the mill). Really this is amazing we usually buy in firewood every 2 years this is our off year and we have enough to get us through already so another year worth of wood would be amazing to get us though as we continue to pay off the medical bills. Even if its not free it would probably be easier to get at than the free stuff that we have been getting.

I finished 5 of the nieces and nephews and I don't think I'll worry about the 6th which means almost half my Christmas shopping is done. I did it at work, I bought them each a pair of $4 goggles and asked about getting 3 family day passes to the pool which my boss didn't make me buy she just gave them to me! Now if only I could figure out something for DH that quickly as his B-day is on the 31st. I will probably see if we can get together as a family at the pool and have fun again. And I know what I'm going to get my Mother I just have to order it.

I'm feeling like I'm getting things knocked off my list! Even though I've been working 6 hour days 5 days a week in a pool that puts me to sleep before my boys.

Congrats on the peanut
sorry about the dental work unless you're like me and actually like getting your teeth worked on (quiet and away from the kids).
Congrads on the Ipad
get those family pictures done! U won't regret it if something were to happen to any one of the family members.
woot on paying off the cc sooner than you thought!
drabekgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:33 AM   #49
Bumstoppers
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Woohoo it's pay day. That's means that I can get caught up in 2 bills, pay the rest and pay off 2 small medical bills. Today is the first payment on one of new combined medical debts too.

Snowballing never felt so good. Now that we are technically caught up, here comes the BEF.
Bumstoppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:48 AM   #50
huntressxx
Registered Users

My Mood:
Christmas shopping done!!

Bought everyone a heart and stroke calendar. Goes to a good cause and they could win more money. Didn't break the bank either!

Nature Decor On Etsy. Nature Photography Suited for Any Style!
Gonna be Cloth Diapering A Newborn August 24th, 2012
huntressxx is offline   Reply With Quote