Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-12-2012, 08:48 AM   #51
emilyrebekah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Had another splurge- bought some pads from Denelle. Mama needs a new serger!

Advertisement

Old 10-12-2012, 11:51 AM   #52
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:
Re: Dave Ramsey Support Thread Oct 8 - Oct 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntressxx View Post
Christmas shopping done!!

Bought everyone a heart and stroke calendar. Goes to a good cause and they could win more money. Didn't break the bank either!

Nature Decor On Etsy. Nature Photography Suited for Any Style!
I'm considering doing that for my family. I never know what to get them.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:03 PM   #53
emilyrebekah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntressxx
Christmas shopping done!!

Bought everyone a heart and stroke calendar. Goes to a good cause and they could win more money. Didn't break the bank either!

Nature Decor On Etsy. Nature Photography Suited for Any Style!
Nice! I am using doing mine with Swagbucks and having a calendar of my son printed for my mother and MIL.
Old 10-12-2012, 02:49 PM   #54
lakemom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

To those thinking about an inexpensive gift idea for family. My brother (now known as keeper of the calendar) makes a "family calendar" for everyone in the family (each family and the adult children) a family calender. He's been doing it for at least 10 years now. It started out simply as a way to keep track of all the anniversaries and birthdays as our family grew (there are 7 sibs, their spouses, and 20 grandkids and now their spouses). The first few years it was very simple but as computer programs became more sophisticated he's added fund things to each month. Everyone looks forward to seeing what he comes up with each year. But just simply an 8X10 page for each month with the national/religious holidays and your family's special days is a great start. Adding colors and a binding adds to the cost but it still comes out to be less than $10 per calender (or much less depending on what you do....ours is now 2 8X10 pages for each month to give us boxes big enough to coordinate family schedules in). Just thought I'd pass this idea on to those who are thinking ahead. I know the first year (and while the family was adding 2-3 kids per year) was the hardest but now he just updates the template each year.
lakemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:53 PM   #55
sweetgrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm so happy to have a budget! Week two of actually following the budget and so far so good! I feel less stress because I know that I have enough for living and my expected bills. What was really cool is that we were able to put over $500 in our medical fund/day off/car repair account this week! I know most would have probably put it at their snowball but we don't get any paid medical/vacation days and have to put money away to pay for those days off and medical bills. We will have to come up with 4 days of no pay between now and new years and so this will be a start. I want to get $1500 in the account before I start throwing extra at the snowball.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:07 PM   #56
Marianna1988
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm coming back all sad. We paid off CC1 last week, and we felt such a relief from one less debt that we lost sight of the big picture. We were so not on track the last couple weeks, but starting yesterday we're back to the budget (yesterday's gymboree spree was using cash from the clothing envelope). I did go out to lunch with my LO's and paid for my booth for the craft fair, but I used cash from the entertainment envelope. I have a rough budget fir the rest of the month, now I'm off to meal plan to hopefully keep us under $150 for the whole period of the 15th-31st.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
~$25 off your first order of $50 at gilt.com!
Marianna1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:09 PM   #57
Marianna1988
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianna1988
I'm coming back all sad. We paid off CC1 last week (no, last MONTH!) and we felt such a relief from one less debt that we lost sight of the big picture. We were so not on track the last couple weeks, but starting yesterday we're back to the budget (yesterday's gymboree spree was using cash from the clothing envelope). I did go out to lunch with my LO's and paid for my booth for the craft fair, but I used cash from the entertainment envelope. I have a rough budget fir the rest of the month, now I'm off to meal plan to hopefully keep us under $150 for the whole period of the 15th-31st.

Whoops, error, corrected in quote

~$25 off your first order of $50 at gilt.com!
Marianna1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:18 PM   #58
sweetgrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianna1988 View Post
I'm coming back all sad. We paid off CC1 last week, and we felt such a relief from one less debt that we lost sight of the big picture. We were so not on track the last couple weeks, but starting yesterday we're back to the budget (yesterday's gymboree spree was using cash from the clothing envelope). I did go out to lunch with my LO's and paid for my booth for the craft fair, but I used cash from the entertainment envelope. I have a rough budget fir the rest of the month, now I'm off to meal plan to hopefully keep us under $150 for the whole period of the 15th-31st.

Good luck with the meal plan! Let me know how it goes! I'm always looking for new menu plans/recipes. I'm really trying to get our grocery budget down but I am not doing very well. I have to eat gluten free so that adds some expense.
Old 10-13-2012, 07:21 AM   #59
iblindsey
Registered Users

Hi, I'm new on here...but love this thread. My hubby and I have been doing the envelopes with cash for a while now. Problem is that we have our third baby coming in Dec and I'm feeling that need to buy, buy, buy to get ready for her...especially in the CD department. My friends are throwing me a diaper shower in two weeks, but I'm nervous everyone will just bring disposables as gifts (even though they have my online registry infor where I registered for CDs). Then I'll be stuck with a bunch of disposables. Ugh. Most stores won't give you money back for disposables now...they want you to trade it for another baby item in the store. Any thoughts/ideas how to make the best out of this??
iblindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:08 AM   #60
bluecandi
Resident Dave Ramsey Guru
seller

My Mood:
If you cant return them to the store or at least get a store credit, you can sell them on craigslist, or regift them to friends who use sposies.....or donate them to a shelter.

Good luck!!