Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-10-2012, 04:09 AM   #11
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Need serious help here momas! :blush:

I spoke with thedept at the corthouse that does all the deeds and such. Not sure what they are called. The ladies were super awsome. They were the ones that gave me the phone # of the company that had originally made the restrictions.

I've done the opposite before. We owned a house in Eustic, Fl. There was a paint company wanting to take the entire back block behind up and also put in a giant retention pont. That spells mosquitos in Fl. There would have been big rigs driveing in and out all day long. BAD situation.

This is more of a situation where we walked right into it eyes wide shut. I promise I did ask the realtor. After she told me that we could own anything out here, I never gave it another thought.

I deff agree with being pleasant with them. You get better results with kindness. I know they are only doing their jobs. I really don't want to go through the moving process again. I want it to work here. But seriously, who the heck would call this a sub? Who in the world would want to live out here with all this land and do nothing with it?

Advertisement

Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:00 AM   #12
mommy24babes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
But seriously, who the heck would call this a sub? Who in the world would want to live out here with all this land and do nothing with it?

Any time a parcel of land is divided into a number of smaller lot it's called being subdivided ( subdivision) it not just postage stamp lots and all house that get that title.

What did the company say when you called them ?

It is your realtors job to investigate these things and disclose them to you. You may have recourse there if you end up having to move because of this.

Contact your municipal planning dept though and get the run down from them.

Last edited by mommy24babes; 10-10-2012 at 06:18 AM.
mommy24babes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:13 AM   #13
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy24babes View Post
Any time a parcel of land is divided into a number of smaller lot it's called being subdivided ( subdivision) it not just postage stamp lots and all house that get that title.

What did the company say when you called them ?

It is your realtors job to investigate these things and disclose them to you. You may have recourse there if you end up having to move because of this.

Contact your municipal planning dept though and get the run down from them.
I thought I'd be the only one on this early. lol. You must be a diff time zone.

I actually meant they named it. We are in the country, it's acerage here. There is just our road, no neighborhood sign. It was planned to be a houseing community from what I understood. uch of the land is still undeveloped. I do get what you are saying about being subdevided.

The company said they had nothing to do with the property any longer. The man I spoke with was wonderfull. He said if it were him, he grew up out here, he would start by getting a goat or cow to start. See how it goes. In the meantime, he would get started on getting the signatures. People keep mentioning a layer, but there is just no way.

I too feel the realitor did us kinda dirty. I told her i wouldn't view the property unless we were free to have the animals we wanted, ect. She knew our story. I also feel it was partly our fault for not looking for something like this. We did sign the deed. We just had no clue to look for something like this. Both of us though you were either agg or not, kwim. We're in the country for goodness sakes. I don't like the word, but I just feel dooped.

I'll deff write down the people you said to call and find that #. I bet they could be more helpfull.

The deed office ladies were also telling be about the 20 year rule. I had written down when these rules were written up, lost it. They said after 20 yrs the restrictions had to be repasses. I'm kinda confused about all of that. I think there were a cpl more years to go?

I really appriceate your time and input here hun.
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
Old 10-10-2012, 06:26 AM   #14
mommy24babes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I am up pretty early. Lol getting my big kids up for school.
Where are you located?

You could file a complaint against your realtor.
It is a realtors job to look at those things and make sure they are disclosed. That's why you use a realtor instead of doing it yourself.
Of course you wouldn't know what to look for. It's not your job to know.

Even something as simple as an easement have resulted in realtors being sued.

It's hard to give solid advice because things change for area to area.

I hope you get this all worked out.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:36 AM   #15
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks again for the help. We're located in cumberland county tn. The physical addy is sparta. We're kinda on the line where the counties meet.

I wrote the realtor this am. Told them what was happening. I was polite but expressed we were not happy being in this situation. I hope the email will be directed to the correct person. I hope it was the right move, lol. I bet they could get better results than I.

And you are right it being their job. Especilly with her knowing we were looking to homestead. I just feel at fault for not reading the small print. I kinda feel dumb. It was just a late closeing and kinda a rushed apt. There were people closeing befor eus that ran late and we were the last. We were also so anxious to get that key. We looked so long for a property that met our needs.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:45 AM   #16
Agla
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'm sorry you are dealing with this. You might find that although it is a hassle to go through the steps it might not be difficult to get the restrictions lifted. The restrictions made sense for a neighborhood but now the situation has changed. Good luck.

Earn easy Amazon GCs with Perk TV
Soft Star shoes are awesome. Buy them here.
Agla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:48 AM   #17
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks Alga.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:08 AM   #18
mommy24babes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
If I got the area right this is who you need to contact

Tennessee Real Estate Commission
500 James Robertson Pkwy
Nashville, TN 37243-1151

Telephone:

Phone: 615-741-2273
Toll-Free: 800-342-4031
Fax: 615-741-0313
Old 10-10-2012, 09:10 AM   #19
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

After calling around every gvmnt office in this county I got a great refural! I was given the phone # of a man (can't remember the title) that is over all zoneing in the surrounding 6 counties! I left a msg and guess what, he called me back!!!!! I have a copy of the deed on it's way in the mail today. He said when it get's here to call him. Yipee! He would be happy to meet me in town and look over the deed to see if he can help. He was very nice. Apparently our county does not enforce any livestock zoneing. They live and let live, lol. The only people that can have an issues is the people that subdevided the property all those years back. They only get notified if neighbors complain. He wants me to talk with all the surrounding neighbors as well as those on the whole road, whew. I told him if we could remove the restrictions we would save up for the land next to us and stay. The boys know this as home, kwim. He was actually excited to try and help. So.....loads of prayers momas! He also explained that being out in the country like this, those restrictions are for the people who live here. Meening, if they don't care, it's ok kind of thing. I think our county is way more laid back than I gave credit. It's a big ag and homestead county. The lady I talked with at the mayors office said that's why so many farmers and small homesteaders live here, lol. I'm in such a better mood.

Thanks you all sooooooo very much for the support and the advice. you all are so wonderfull.

I also have that letter sent to the realtor this am. Waiting to hear back on that. Boy, every call I made this am said I should take some sor of action against our realtor.
What a mess!
Old 10-10-2012, 09:11 AM   #20
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy24babes View Post
If I got the area right this is who you need to contact

Tennessee Real Estate Commission
500 James Robertson Pkwy
Nashville, TN 37243-1151

Telephone:

Phone: 615-741-2273
Toll-Free: 800-342-4031
Fax: 615-741-0313

Whew girl, you rock!

Thanks a million! I'll follow up with that.
You're an angel!