Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-09-2012, 04:08 PM   #1
tmrobinson
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Tummy sleeper?

My dd is 7.5 months and has turned into a tummy sleeper since she started rolling over. My other two dds did the same thing but I guess she is just a heavier wetter because I am changing her sheets 2-3 times a day. She wakes up in the middle of the night completely drenched so I have to change everything including her crib sheet. Then again in the morning it's all soaked again and a third time after her afternoon nap. Her room reeks of pee constantly. I use a disposable at night but she is leaking through cloth during her naps too. All I have is some pf's and a couple pockets and nothing I have tried can contain all the pee. Her diapers are mostly wet in the front but the back half isn't totally dry either. I ordered some free times with the sale so will try those with an extra doubler but any other suggestions?

Advertisement

tmrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:24 PM   #2
BirthdayMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Tummy sleeper?

Hemp, hemp, hemp! Add a hemp doubler with either cotton or mf on top. I'm on my second tummy sleeper, and this is the only way they wake up dry without putting on so much diaper that it would fit a 5 year old. I use Hemp Babies Bigger Weeds at that age, but I've heard great things about Thirsties hemp pfs as well. Basically, I don't think the brand matters, but you need to add some hemp doublers, especially in the front. Also consider putting a wool soaker on over whatever diaper you're using. I found that doubling up the covers helped keep them dry.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:37 PM   #3
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Double or more in front.my tummy sleeper not heavy wetter but it kinda makes sense to double at lest if more pee go there.
abunchoflemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:11 PM   #4
tmrobinson
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirthdayMama View Post
Hemp, hemp, hemp! Add a hemp doubler with either cotton or mf on top. I'm on my second tummy sleeper, and this is the only way they wake up dry without putting on so much diaper that it would fit a 5 year old. I use Hemp Babies Bigger Weeds at that age, but I've heard great things about Thirsties hemp pfs as well. Basically, I don't think the brand matters, but you need to add some hemp doublers, especially in the front. Also consider putting a wool soaker on over whatever diaper you're using. I found that doubling up the covers helped keep them dry.
I do have some hemp doublers so I will try those and make sure they are way up in the front. I don't have any wool but it is getting cooler here so I will be getting the fleece pjs out in the next couple days so maybe that will help too.

tmrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:23 PM   #5
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have a tummy sleeper too and I've given up on night time cloth diapering. The only thing that's worked for us is sizing up in a huggies overnight. Cloth options will work, but they will probably be bulky.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:33 PM   #6
dudleypippen
Registered Users
seller
seller

DS had always been a tummy sleeper. We are currently using either a prefold with hemp doubler or a fitted with hemp doubler. Before I found hemp I was using an infant prefold trifolded in a small prefold. Bulky, yes. But totally worth not changing crib sheets (or since we cosleep, my sheets!)
Old 10-09-2012, 08:04 PM   #7
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

i snappi a premium pf with a three layer hemp doubler and a sandies bamboo doubler under a MEAF and no leaks. its even worse when its a BOY tummy sleeper! the premiums are nice because the folded over part is up front right where he needs it. it is VERY bulky and it practically goes up to his armpits. but i haven't found a disposable to hold him either so idk what else to do. i've also heard great things about flip organic inserts.