Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-09-2012, 08:44 AM   #21
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller

Maybe he is low. I know it isn't cervix punches/kicks. Those are PAINFUL. I think my other boys were high. That might explain why I never experienced this pressure.

Advertisement

Old 10-09-2012, 09:02 AM   #22
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Lil Shamrocks - Week of Oct 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2row View Post
It could be the baby. I know that DS & this one was/are both really low in my pelvis and the first movements that I felt with DS was him literally kicking the inside of my cervix. Not a very pleasant feeling for sure. This one is also low, and I can feel him/her moving around right around my pubic bone. Sometimes it's flutters & sometimes it's pressure like the LO is stretching & kicking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeslittlewoman View Post
Maybe he is low. I know it isn't cervix punches/kicks. Those are PAINFUL. I think my other boys were high. That might explain why I never experienced this pressure.
I have been feeling things low too, on the uncomfortable side but not cramps. Just annoying. I think the baby likes stand upright in my belly because sometimes I will feel kicks or pressure low and then a bump up high.

I had a SUPER weird / frightening dream last night, I could see in to my right breast and I had all these weird flabby pieces of skin and a piece of a lime? The doc told me it was breast cancer and I had to get my right breast removed. I woke up and had to hold on to my right breast for a while and say a prayer of thanks. Stupid pregnancy dreams!

Anyone else not feeling that pregnant anymore? Other then my tiny belly bump and the daily kick I just don't feel as pregnant as I did with all the morning sickness. I guess throwing up was a couple times a day reminder of what was going on inside. Now I just feel hungry and often tired which is pretty normal for a mom of twins!
Old 10-09-2012, 09:09 AM   #23
NappyChappy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Round ligament pains most days here too.

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1454524
NappyChappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:05 PM   #24
love2row
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeslittlewoman View Post
I just got back from my mw appointment & she was surprised at how low the baby was at 19 weeks. She made some comment like "what are you doing down there when there's so much more room up high?". No need for concern, but it just confirmed my guesses that this baby was taking after DS as I was feeling the movement low. Hope that's what yours is as well and that the LO will give you a bit of a break soon!
Beth - blissfully married to Doug. DS - Liam & Welcoming #2 in March 2013 New SAHM & Labor Doula.

love2row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:06 PM   #25
Christylkeller
Registered Users

My Mood:

Well, I am feeling much better... I spoke with my children's DR who is a family practitioner (not sure why I didn't think to switch to him also, other than since we have moved to the area we live in, I have only been to my *PCP* 1x in 5 years. The only time I go to the Dr is when pregnant) and he said that LOTS of *normal* things can cause the episodes that I am having and that at 17 weeks LOTS of physiological things happen because of pregnancy. He suggested making sure that I am well hydrated, to cut out even my 1 cup of coffee and a heart rate of 110 isn't *that* high for pregnancy, but if it gets to the 150's+ to get seen immediately. So, now I am feeling a little bit more normal, but still watchful. I will speak more to my OB about it next week when I see her. Sigh... I really HATE pregnancy! It is too stressful and worrisome! If it wasn't for that squishy newborn, this wouldn't be worth it. I LOVE from the moment I give birth, forward. I could really do without the 9 months of torture!

Homeschooling mom to A- '01, M- '05, E- '08 and G born 3/5/13 VBA3C

Always missing my 17 weeker E 7/25/11
Christylkeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:26 PM   #26
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
QOTW: I really havent been having any cravings...like none.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinpossible
We all have a little bit of the preggo brain around here

QOTW: What's your latest craving?
MEAT, sadly I have been a vegetarian for over 20 years so I am SO afraid to try eating meat. We will see...

Super excited, someone was giving away a really cute play kitchen and we are picking it up tonight. It will make my girls SO happy!
Our Naturopath was a veggie for like 15 years before her daughter (her oldest) and she craved meat sooo much while preggo. Shes been eating meat ever since and now swears that humans are not meant to be veggies. She says "if your body is craving something that bad it obviously needs it."
I was like that with DS. Meat all the time- my iron was super low.

Amanda . Blaming my phone for typos and crap.
Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016

Last edited by kushie tushie; 10-09-2012 at 06:46 PM.
kushie tushie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:36 PM   #27
mommajewels
Registered Users
seller
seller

So... I got Dh's vasectomy forms in the mail today. His procedure is scheduled for November 2nd at 9am. He is being a HUGE sissy about it, but we both agree 6 is our number and since vasectomy is both more affordable & less invasive, it just makes more sense this way.

I ripped that envelope open and immdiately filled everything out except for the form where he has to sign for consent. I also had to sign a consent form, being his wife, and I literally said out loud, "you don't have to ask me twice!" I loooove my kiddos and I am so thankful we have been blessed with a big family, but pregnancy is definitely a chapter in my life that I am ready to close once our newest addition is born.

It's bittersweet, of course... but I know it's the right decision.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:45 PM   #28
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
AFM: I'm 18 weeks, as of yesterday.
I was feeling quite a bit of movement but the last couple days have slowed down a bit. Its been like 3 days of much less movement before. My belly finally popped! Its still little but round .
Thursday is our first u/s with Maternal Fetal Medicine. Its for our fetal heart echo, plus gender prediction. We wont be finding out at the u/s. I'm putting the picture in an envelope and taking it to a baker. We are doing a gender reveal party with friends and family on Saturday. I'm very excited about it!!!

Amanda . Blaming my phone for typos and crap.
Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016
kushie tushie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:12 PM   #29
happymama1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommajewels View Post
So... I got Dh's vasectomy forms in the mail today. His procedure is scheduled for November 2nd at 9am. He is being a HUGE sissy about it, but we both agree 6 is our number and since vasectomy is both more affordable & less invasive, it just makes more sense this way.

I ripped that envelope open and immdiately filled everything out except for the form where he has to sign for consent. I also had to sign a consent form, being his wife, and I literally said out loud, "you don't have to ask me twice!" I loooove my kiddos and I am so thankful we have been blessed with a big family, but pregnancy is definitely a chapter in my life that I am ready to close once our newest addition is born.

It's bittersweet, of course... but I know it's the right decision.
so....fully admitting that this could be taken wrong, but please don't take it that way....I would want someone to say it to me if I were you:

why is your hubby going to have his V before the baby is born?

what if something goes wrong with your pregnancy?

would you wish you could have another, or are you done either way?

sorry for being nosey. I'm sure you've probably thought through every angle fo the decision....so please feel free to completely ignore the nosey questions.
happymama1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:27 PM   #30
mommajewels
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by happymama1 View Post
so....fully admitting that this could be taken wrong, but please don't take it that way....I would want someone to say it to me if I were you:

why is your hubby going to have his V before the baby is born?

what if something goes wrong with your pregnancy?

would you wish you could have another, or are you done either way?

sorry for being nosey. I'm sure you've probably thought through every angle fo the decision....so please feel free to completely ignore the nosey questions.
No worries, mama... these aren't questions we haven't thought about & discussed ourselves, nor are they questions we haven't already been asked by family & friends.

We had actually decided before we got pregnant with LO6 that we were complete with the 5 kiddos we had. We were tossing around the idea of scheduling his Vasectomy the Friday before he had school (He is a Union Carpenter Apprentice and has a week of school every 6 mos) so he'd have all weekend to recover, and then have very light duty the following week. However, apparently someone had other plans for us because we got pregnant with LO6 in June. We were both excited right away, albeit caught off guard, and we've had many laughs about "being shown" when we thought we were done having kiddos. This baby is definitely just as welcome as her/his sisters & brothers were. BUT we know for 100% certain, without a doubt, that we are done. Now onto why we're doing it now, while I'm still pregnant.

1) We've hit our yearly deductible (300 per person, 600 per family) as well as the OOP maximum (1,500 per year, per family) for our insurance this year. So having his Vasectomy done now will make it covered in full by our insurance.

2) He has school the week of November 5th-9th, so the 2nd (Friday before, right in line with out previous plans giving him the oppertunity to recover before having to go back to work & not miss any work.) is the idea date for us.

3) We have discussed the fact that I'm still so early into this pregnancy and although I have perfect prenatal history, baby is looking great, etc... things can still happen. And we've both decided that if Heaven forbid something were to go wrong with this baby, it wouldn't change our feelings regarding the matter. We decided we were complete with 5, but then we were unexpectedly blessed with our 6th... we feel incredibly thankful & blessed for the kiddos we do have and of course we hope & pray this baby will be just as healthy as her/his brothers & sisters. We also discussed the fact that my 20 wk anatomy scan is 4 days prior to his procedure, so while I doubt it would influence our decision any, if by chance they find something wrong with the baby.. we could always change our mind. But like I said, we're both so sure either way, I doubt it would influence our decision.

I assure you we've thought long & hard about this (Started discussing it after the birth of LO5, who is 2.5.) and we both feel it's the right decision.