Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-09-2012, 04:58 PM   #31
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Lil Shamrocks - Week of Oct 8

The last few days my girls have learned how to take off their clothes with out help. This had led to some funny moments of walking into a room and seeing a half naked child. Today I got one DD from her nap and found her butt naked wearing nothing but a smile. Her clothes and diaper had been thrown from the crib...lovely.

On a positive note I got a good nap in today which I really needed because I have not been sleeping well at night. I just cannot get comfy

Advertisement

Old 10-09-2012, 05:48 PM   #32
kushie tushie
No Longer Here

My Mood:
I'm having a LOT of cramping tonight... I think I'm going to take a bath.

Amanda . Blaming my phone for typos and crap.
kushie tushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:44 PM   #33
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

Ouch no fun hopefully the bath helps.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:32 PM   #34
amcess721
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Who else is still in the "not feeling movement" camp? I felt it at 14w2d with DS for sure! ... now, tomorrow I'll be 16w and still not sure I've felt it.

Do you Swag? I do! Click here to join swagbucks! Earn points. Get free stuff!
amcess721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:36 PM   #35
amcess721
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oooh, add juice (any kind) to my cravings list! I can down it so fast! Right now I'm enjoying apple cider, but I've had so much in the past 2 days, that it's not sitting well - at least I'm not dealing with constipation this week lol!

Do you Swag? I do! Click here to join swagbucks! Earn points. Get free stuff!
amcess721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:04 PM   #36
TS8213
Registered Users

My Mood:
I should add that I crave soda big time. Unfortunately I feel awful after I drink it.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using DS Forum
TS8213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:27 PM   #37
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcess721 View Post
Who else is still in the "not feeling movement" camp? I felt it at 14w2d with DS for sure! ... now, tomorrow I'll be 16w and still not sure I've felt it.
Me too, I think I feel the baby sometimes but it is at night or early morning and not every day. I am just shy of 17 weeks. Totally normal not to feel the baby regularly until 22 weeks so I am trying not to worry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS8213 View Post
I should add that I crave soda big time. Unfortunately I feel awful after I drink it.
ME TOO!!! I have been totally digging Coke which is gross and I never drink soda. I have been letting myself have one maybe 2 times a week. I have also been loving Carmel Apple Spice from Starbucks.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:53 PM   #38
Maeve Baby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi mama's, it's good to be back!!

Italy was amazing. We had a bit of a rough start-16 hours to get there with a 4 hour lay over in Amsterdam-then when we arrived in Rome after waiting for our luggage for 45 minutes we learnt the air line lost it. Ahhh so with pretty much no sleep and then trying to fill our forms talking to a nasty attended the tears came because if any one had a right to be grouchy it was me. When I finally said excuse me but I'm on my honeymoon, I'm pregnant, no sleep and they just lost my luggage so you could be a bit nicer lady...she was more sympathetic after that.

We got the luggage the next day and they we were off. Drove all the way down the coast to Lecce area, visiting some amazing small towns-Sassie being on of my favourite-like a labyrinth style city on a steep hill side. Then we drove up the Amalfi coast-crazy scary but beautiful drive-worth the white knuckle ride. Then Pompeii(Ruins), Siena-with a drive through Tuscany, Florence(Churches, David and a ton of art. Then we finished with Rome(Vatican, Colosseum and the down down stuff-Spanish steps etc. In all those places we saw soooo much it felt like we were there for a month.

It was lovely, beautiful and over all wonderful time with my DH. We ate a ton of food-I again a least 8lbs in two weeks....yeah well when they make you eat pastries every morning for breakfast and pasta every night it adds up quick. That and they eat dinner so late-restaurants did not open until 7 or 8 pm. I was very ready to get back to our diet here that's for sure. The beautiful parts of Italy are REALLY beautiful but the yucky parts are really gross-I have no idea some areas would be like that. My only really complaints were dealing with all the smoking along with some of the bathroom and garbage stench...

And the hardest part-being away from my babies. I knew it was going to be hard but good grief some days I had to try really hard to fight back tears-preggo hormones did not help. By the end of the second week I thought about them constantly...the plane ride home the tears were flowing because I could not wait to hold them a second longer it seemed...don't get me wrong, it was amazing and I'm so glad I did it but it was hard. While not sight seeing we laid around reading books in parks, in our B&B's and just chatting...I did relax a ton but did not nap so that I did not screw with my sleeping schedule.

I posted in the gender thread but will add it here to we are a solid team green now. I missed my babies so much I just realized that I didn't care any more what the baby was-either or I'm excited for both and love the surprise so much I'm glad I came around so you all will know when we find out in March.

Pregnancy wise....heart burn here and there....gained way to much weight in Italy so cracking the whip and getting some major healthy eating in..I'm actually craving it now so that helps and in regards to this...vv

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcess721 View Post
I am 20 weeks on Friday and just started feeling the baby move-I think I felt rolling around a bit earlier but the obvious little kicks just started so don't worry mama some times it takes a bit.

Got all my blood test back and everything looks great-that's always a relief. 20week US next week to see little baby....can't wait!
Old 10-10-2012, 04:26 AM   #39
pgkcb13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinpossible View Post
We all have a little bit of the preggo brain around here

QOTW: What's your latest craving?
MEAT, sadly I have been a vegetarian for over 20 years so I am SO afraid to try eating meat. We will see...

Super excited, someone was giving away a really cute play kitchen and we are picking it up tonight. It will make my girls SO happy!
I was veggie most my years from age 8 to before I got pregnant with ODD (with a few random spurts of 'feck it' in my teen/young adult years lol), then I craved meat like nothing else, so I caved and went back to veggie after she was born, in fact I went vegan. When I got pg w/DD2 I caved again, and again went back to vegan afterwards... and then realized that pg symptoms aside I actually felt better pg than I did not... so I decided to eat meat very selectively and only 1-2x a week which worked great until I got pg again and now I want meat every day... problem is I have SO much GUILT over eating it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christylkeller View Post
QOTW: Sausage and gravy over biscuits and turkey subs. I don't need them daily, but several times a week is good!

So, I have been having some more episodes. Not quite black outs, but dizzy spells, and racing heart. After sitting for about 10 mins today at work, my co worker took my blood pressure and it was normal, but my heart rate was 110. I felt super jittery, like my heart was going to beat out of my chest. I called my OB and they said it was something to see my PCP about, as it was something for them to see me for, but when I called them, they REFUSED to see me because I was too much of a liability and said I should go to the ER. So, neither DR is willing to see me about this. Kind of frustrating!
That seems so irresponsible of those care providers... I read your other posts though and I'm glad the other dr helped you out a bit

I also relate to your sentiments about pregnancy... I tell people all the time that I hate being pregnant but love having babies, lol. It really is good they're so darn worth it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by apboyles View Post
QOTW: Doners! They are delicious Turkish food that is very very prevalent practically everywhere in Europe (and Australia) that they don't have in the states. Its usually lamb meat but over here they have to have a special permit to sell lamb meat so its usually beef with some creamy delicious sauce/dressing, shredded cabbage and lettuce, tomato, cucumber, and where we get them a pepper mix. And fries. I hated them the first time we were over here, then we moved here again when I was 29 weeks pregnant with DS and my poor husband had to take me twice a week. Now I want them again and the yummiest place they are from doesn't sell them anymore. So I'm settling for my second favorite but still craving the ones from the first place. Probably because I know I can't get them.
Oh, and yesterday I told my husband I had hunger rage and made him take me to Chili's for a mid-afternoon snack of mashed potatoes and black pepper gravy. It was the most delicious thing I've eaten in, well, since last weeks doner trip

DH got to feel the baby move yesterday! We took DS bowling for the first time (how sad is it that we lost to a just turned two year old, playing in a lane that had the bumpers out the entire time?) Anyways, I was standing there feeling some acrobatics and usually he can't feel it but this time he did! Usually I don't even feel that much acrobatics so it was pretty awesome. Last time I don't think he felt the baby until probably 18-20 weeks so it was pretty neat.
Now I'm craving one, thanks. I ate them all the time when I was in germany...

Quote:
Originally Posted by amb2j View Post
So happy this is the QOTW! Was gonna post about this. My craving!? Food!
I seriously want to eat non stop! And all I crave is junk ( e.g ramen, pop tarts, burgers, pizza).... All in huge quantities!!!! I've never been a big junk food eater so this is all new territory! It stinks fighting those cravings 24/7 and eating healthy foods when all u want is deep fried nastiness lol!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Boy can I relate mama. I'm *trying* to eat fruit or yogurt when craving sweets and salad or greens of some sort when craving savory... sometimes it works, lol
ISO Gypsum Keens in Kids size 12
pgkcb13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:29 AM   #40
pgkcb13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

QOTW:
atm... nothing... but that's probably because I had pizza AND ice cream last night and fries today... total binge! Ack!

AFM I'm feeling so much movement from this little one lately! It was really spuractic before but now it's all day, pretty much if I sit still I feel baby. Makes me soo happy! Hips have started hurting along with my back. We're still still stuck on names... going to call and schedule my u/c tomorrow which is exciting! Only 3 weeks to go!
ISO Gypsum Keens in Kids size 12
pgkcb13 is offline   Reply With Quote