Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-11-2012, 10:03 AM   #51
TS8213
Registered Users

My Mood:
Y'all can add me to the sore hip group. And my pelvis is aching! All of this just since yesterday. I even started walking funny yesterday bc of how low baby was (I think). I also got kicked/punched in the cervix last night. Oy!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using DS Forum

Advertisement

TS8213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:11 AM   #52
love2row
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Lil Shamrocks - Week of Oct 8

So, it's been a big 24 hours in our house. DS & I headed to a local farm for some veggie picking, a hay ride, and good ole' playing. I ended up with a minor injury while attempting to get DS off of the jungle gym. He'd gone up and refused to come down (he's 2). So I climbed up to get him & my options were to try to wrangle him back down the rickety ladder, or to use the slide. I opted for the slide w/DS on my lap. Let's just say it wasn't made for adults & we both ended up on our butts at the end of the slide. I landed right on my sciatic nerve that's been bugging me and also rammed my elbow into the ground. I've got a nice bruise on the elbow and my sciatic is back. Of course my chiro is leaving town and it looks like I'll be attending a birth tonight. Good time! That being said, we had a blast at the farm.

And now for the fun news. We had our 20-week scan today and I have officially jumped ship from Team Green. It looks like we'll be breaking the current trend a bit and be welcoming a little girl into our family! I'm so excited and nervous at the same time. It's good to know that my instincts we right on though. The scan looked good, other than they think I have a 2 vessel cord instead of a 3 vessel cord. Overall there's nothing to worry about, but I guess it can be an indicator of some other complications. So, we went ahead and had some more bloodwork done to look for any chromosomal abnormalities and then will probably have another scan in a few weeks. Then we'll just take it as it comes. For right now it doesn't risk me out of a home birth, but I guess if the baby isn't growing enough (one of the risks) I could be transferred to deliver in a hospital. Based on what we saw today as far as anatomy goes, I'm really not too worried. Just getting prepared.

So, now I'm waiting for my client to call and let me know what it's "go time" for her. I think I'll try to get a little sleep in since I basically got none last night due to hip pain and excitement. Wish me luck!
Beth - blissfully married to Doug. DS - Liam & Welcoming #2 in March 2013 New SAHM & Labor Doula.

love2row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:04 PM   #53
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Had my first u/s with MFM today. Baby's heart looks great so far. We had them print off a pic of the gender shot and put in and envelope and dropped it off with our baker. We will be doing a gender reveal party on Saturday... So I'll come back on Saturday with a gender update!!

Oh and just to share. Heres a 3D pic from todays appt.

Amanda . Blaming my phone for typos and crap.
Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016

Last edited by kushie tushie; 12-10-2012 at 11:34 AM.
kushie tushie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:42 PM   #54
sterlids
Registered Users
seller

yay for a baby girl beth! congrats!

amanda do you have a gender preference. i think it's pretty cool how y'all are even going to be surprised on saturday!

afm: well these pregnancy dreams seem to get stranger each night, lol. last night i had a dream that i had to have some teeth pulled but the iv sedation wasn't working so they gave me the gas too. well the combo of the two didn't work either. it was a very strange dream and a bit chaotic. the past 2 or 3 nights i've been sleeping so hard. like when you take nyquil or benadryl or some type of strong pain med. it's nice!
Old 10-11-2012, 07:02 PM   #55
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by love2row
So, it's been a big 24 hours in our house. DS & I headed to a local farm for some veggie picking, a hay ride, and good ole' playing. I ended up with a minor injury while attempting to get DS off of the jungle gym. He'd gone up and refused to come down (he's 2). So I climbed up to get him & my options were to try to wrangle him back down the rickety ladder, or to use the slide. I opted for the slide w/DS on my lap. Let's just say it wasn't made for adults & we both ended up on our butts at the end of the slide. I landed right on my sciatic nerve that's been bugging me and also rammed my elbow into the ground. I've got a nice bruise on the elbow and my sciatic is back. Of course my chiro is leaving town and it looks like I'll be attending a birth tonight. Good time! That being said, we had a blast at the farm.

And now for the fun news. We had our 20-week scan today and I have officially jumped ship from Team Green. It looks like we'll be breaking the current trend a bit and be welcoming a little girl into our family! I'm so excited and nervous at the same time. It's good to know that my instincts we right on though. The scan looked good, other than they think I have a 2 vessel cord instead of a 3 vessel cord. Overall there's nothing to worry about, but I guess it can be an indicator of some other complications. So, we went ahead and had some more bloodwork done to look for any chromosomal abnormalities and then will probably have another scan in a few weeks. Then we'll just take it as it comes. For right now it doesn't risk me out of a home birth, but I guess if the baby isn't growing enough (one of the risks) I could be transferred to deliver in a hospital. Based on what we saw today as far as anatomy goes, I'm really not too worried. Just getting prepared.

So, now I'm waiting for my client to call and let me know what it's "go time" for her. I think I'll try to get a little sleep in since I basically got none last night due to hip pain and excitement. Wish me luck!
I some how missed you were having a girl. congrats!
I was in a DDC in July 2011 and one of the babys had a 2 vessel cord. Everything turned out fine but there are definitely things they like to look out for.

Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016
Old 10-11-2012, 07:06 PM   #56
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller

Congrats on the girl, Beth!

Can't wait to hear about your gender reveal party, Amanda!
Old 10-11-2012, 07:09 PM   #57
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlids

amanda do you have a gender preference. i think it's pretty cool how y'all are even going to be surprised on saturday!

afm: well these pregnancy dreams seem to get stranger each night, lol. last night i had a dream that i had to have some teeth pulled but the iv sedation wasn't working so they gave me the gas too. well the combo of the two didn't work either. it was a very strange dream and a bit chaotic. the past 2 or 3 nights i've been sleeping so hard. like when you take nyquil or benadryl or some type of strong pain med. it's nice!
Love those sleeps! Several nights ago the exhaustion finally got to me and I slept through the boys' wakings. If hubby gets up and gets them without me knowing I have to be out of it. Felt good!
Old 10-11-2012, 07:11 PM   #58
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlids

We'd love another boy. Just so DS has a brother around his age but would love another girl too. I do think its a boy though. Well see

Everyone thought we were going to already know and the family was just finding out on Saturday. LOL whats the fun in that? We'll find out in front of our friends and family the same time they do.

Old 10-11-2012, 10:54 PM   #59
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeslittlewoman View Post
Congrats on the girl, Beth!

Can't wait to hear about your gender reveal party, Amanda!
Agreed!

Jealous that many of you know gender! I still have another week before our scan!
Old 10-12-2012, 12:29 AM   #60
pgkcb13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushie tushie View Post
We'd love another boy. Just so DS has a brother around his age but would love another girl too. I do think its a boy though. Well see

Everyone thought we were going to already know and the family was just finding out on Saturday. LOL whats the fun in that? We'll find out in front of our friends and family the same time they do.

That is so fun!!

Now that we are finally settled on a girl name I'm anxious to find out for sure, lol. Anya- I have to wait 'till november!
ISO Gypsum Keens in Kids size 12
pgkcb13 is offline   Reply With Quote