Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-28-2012, 08:19 PM   #1
dannap
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Fuzzi Bunz one size - sizing help!

I have two ~23lb 14 month olds. I just switched my whole stash to FBOS, and now I'm beginning to regret it. I just feel like they fit too tight on my chunky-legged girl and too low on my long-torso boy. They are all on the "2" elastic setting for the legs, and I don't really know about the back. What do you suggest the elastic setting be for babies about this weight? Also, do you have pics of toddlers who are upwards of 30lbs in these dipes? I'm so upset that I think I made the wrong choice of OS as opposed to perfect size. I just thought the OS would last us longer! Now they seem smaller than the few M we have!! HELP! Also - switching stashes is not an option right now, I have to make this work!!

Advertisement

FB diapers!
OBGE diapers!
dannap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:30 AM   #2
erv0207
Registered Users
seller

Re: Fuzzi Bunz one size - sizing help!

Did you find a solution to this? I also just bought a huge lot of Fuzzibunz OS on the recommendation from several friends and I have the smalls which I love and just moved to the OS but they seem kind of small - I can not imagine they will fit my son when he is big (he is only 3 months now). I find them fine for now but am worried!

-erin
erv0207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:30 AM   #3
erv0207
Registered Users
seller

Did you find a solution to this? I also just bought a huge lot of Fuzzibunz OS on the recommendation from several friends and I have the smalls which I love and just moved to the OS but they seem kind of small - I can not imagine they will fit my son when he is big (he is only 3 months now). I find them fine for now but am worried!

-erin
Old 10-07-2012, 07:35 AM   #4
ChocoChoco
Registered Users

I don't find the FB package sizing recs useful. My 19 lb DD has all her OS set to the hole between 1 and 2. That includes leg and waist elastic. She has chunky thighs and a slimmer waist.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
ChocoChoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:19 AM   #5
erv0207
Registered Users
seller

At 19 lbs they still work well for you? Do you double stuff them or use extra inserts? If so, what inserts have your found to fit well?
Old 10-07-2012, 08:52 AM   #6
One Acre Wonder Farm
Registered Users

My 22+lb 12mo is on the 1 settings in the legs. We have the waist elastic on the last hole.

I prefer Joeybunz hemp inserts or a padfolded Osocozy flat over the microfiber inserts that came with theses diapers, however we do still occasionally use them. DD is not a heavy wetter though.

HTH!
One Acre Wonder Farm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:57 AM   #7
Talia01
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My ds is 5mths and 15 lbs, he wears both the fbos (china version) & elites on the same setting legs are 3 up front, 4 at the back and the waist is set on 2. My 32lb toddler wears one to bed and his legs & waist are all the way out.
I have a few fb from turkey that I don't use since the sizing on those are way small and the pul is sticky.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:07 AM   #8
babykanani
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The new fuzzibunz os are definitely much trimmer than the perfect sized ones (which I like a lot). Even though my DD is just at 15 lbs I have the waist elastics at the widest setting and just adjust the waist with the snaps. That works great for me.
babykanani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:27 AM   #9
OneDayAtATime
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
It is so hard to get the sizing right with fb dipes. I had the hardest time finding a good fit on either one of my boys. I ended up having to sell them. Good luck I would just keep playing around with the settings and hopefully you can find one that works for you.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum