Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 10-09-2012, 07:45 AM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Tide users

Okay so I now have the correct version of Tide- it has the little HE symbol on it. Do I need to do something to clean out my washer before I try to use the correct detergent in it?

I'm still rinsing those diapers from yesterday that I washed in the non-HE version.

This is what I had been doing when I messed up with the wrong type of detergent:

Wash on Delicate warm, Heavy Soil, Water Plus option, with an extra rinse on warm. - this is the highest water setting on my washer.
Then I add the detergent in the Normal Wash cycle on hot with heavy soil and the water plus option with and extra rinse on cold

Mama to the Tenacious B, Super Bubba, and Atty.
Lammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:06 AM   #12
Registered Users
I would just run a few empty sanitize or washer cleaning cycles (if you have that option) until there are no more suds.

I did that before I prepped our diapers - just out of curiosity - and even though we use HE detergent religiously, after 18 months of daily use there was some detergent buildup and a few suds during the cycle. I'd imagine it would be worse with non HE detergent in the inner workings of the washer. Good luck!
KelseyH is offline   Reply With Quote