Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-09-2012, 05:37 PM   #1
TypeAMom
Registered Users
Formerly: Di**ae
seller

My Mood:
My Shoes Are Purging Themselves

So after I bravely rid myself of a couple of uncomfortable, very rarely worn pairs of shoes, 4 of the remaining pairs broke within 3 weeks. It's like my shoes are forcing me to downsize. I ordered one versatile pair of supposedly comfy shoes that I got for $25 and they're leather (I don't usually wear leather b/c of the animal issue), but hopefully they'll last awhile. I wear most of my shoes for a super long time (2 of the pairs I had over 10 years!), but it still seems weird that 4 pairs left me in 3 weeks time.

Advertisement

Slave to my
TypeAMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:48 PM   #2
elizabeth.scalf
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: My Shoes Are Purging Themselves

Can your shoes teach my toys a lesson? What style shoes and where did you get them? I'm loking for some form of closed toe, warmer winter slip-on something or other. I retired my summer sandals and have only running shoes or boots to wear now, so I'm looking for one winter pair. I've gone through shoes now too, and am down to just a few pair of every day wear - 1 pair each running shoes, boots, flip flops, sandals, casual heels. But I'm struggling with the dressy strappy heels. Not that I have many (about 8) but I know I will wear white heels at Easter and black at Christmas, no point rebuying them each time I visit my parents, and if for some reason DH ever took me somewhere nice I don't want to have to go shoe shopping again (for those sexy slinky gold heels ).. I could probably pare those down, but I have the space for now so they aren't top priority.
SAHM to Coralie, 1/09, Siri 9/10, Ellie Sue 9/12, Baby #4 due May 2014.
elizabeth.scalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:01 PM   #3
TypeAMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabeth.scalf View Post
Can your shoes teach my toys a lesson? What style shoes and where did you get them? I'm loking for some form of closed toe, warmer winter slip-on something or other. I retired my summer sandals and have only running shoes or boots to wear now, so I'm looking for one winter pair. I've gone through shoes now too, and am down to just a few pair of every day wear - 1 pair each running shoes, boots, flip flops, sandals, casual heels. But I'm struggling with the dressy strappy heels. Not that I have many (about 8) but I know I will wear white heels at Easter and black at Christmas, no point rebuying them each time I visit my parents, and if for some reason DH ever took me somewhere nice I don't want to have to go shoe shopping again (for those sexy slinky gold heels ).. I could probably pare those down, but I have the space for now so they aren't top priority.
LOL! My shoes can't teach our own toys, so I don't think they're great teachers anyway.

I got shoes that I can wear to work (relatively casual attire and my parents are the bosses, so it's not like they care), w/ jeans when out running errands and could get away w/ wearing them w/ a dress if I'm going for "cute" rather than "hot." I got these from Kohls w/ a coupon code. They haven't come in yet, so I can't report if they're comfy or not.
Slave to my

Last edited by TypeAMom; 10-10-2012 at 07:16 PM.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:13 PM   #4
deezee02
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I had to purge most of my shoes after yds when my feet shrank 1.5 sizes.

I also am slowly replacing with better quality items also...but it hurt getting rid of over 50 pairs!!!!
Old 10-10-2012, 07:17 PM   #5
TypeAMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by deezee02 View Post
I had to purge most of my shoes after yds when my feet shrank 1.5 sizes.

I also am slowly replacing with better quality items also...but it hurt getting rid of over 50 pairs!!!!
Over 50 pairs?! You must have made a ton of thrift store shoppers happy, though.
Slave to my
Old 10-10-2012, 07:29 PM   #6
deezee02
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeAMom

Over 50 pairs?! You must have made a ton of thrift store shoppers happy, though.
Yes....years of staying the same size, through college/work and staying home. Some of them were from target, some from dsw/macys but some I wore just a handful of times max and most were in great condition.