Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-16-2013, 07:01 AM   #11
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Bestbottom trainers vs Flip trainers

Someone asked about the BB trainer I mentioned I had above, I took it out and studied the stitching... and the waist band top stitch is coming undone

We used the gerber trainer undies (not waterproof). They don't hold but daycare liked us to use them so the whole accident didn't end up on the floor. I found they were a nice covered elastic underware which is hard to find in small sizes.

Advertisement

Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:00 AM   #12
kbstanley3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

For a kiddo still having a lot of accidents, I really liked the potty patty/scotty AIO trainers.
Pros:
Elastic legs and waist so they hold in poo good
Plenty of padding so they hold a good size pee
Full PUL outer so no wet pants
Cons:
Poofy (but they do smoosh down)
No snaps (tricky when they have a poo accident, although they are more similar to underwear than a diaper b/c they have no snaps)
Limited color/print selection
Overall, we tried many trainers (antsy pants, flip, various WAHMs, happy heiny's, pull-ups), and I preferred the Potty Patty for beginning then moving into the gerbers. My kids treated anything with snaps like a diaper, so while it was difficult when dealing with poo, it helped them get the message better that trainers weren't diapers. You could always try using gerbers with dappi or bummis pull-ons for an even cheaper wetproof trainer. HTH!
Old 02-16-2013, 12:36 PM   #13
lalalion
Registered Users
seller

I really liked the GroVia trainers. I know that wasn't one you asked about but they were my favorite. Because they are all-in-one, there isn't anything to come loose or bunch up. They work quite well on their own as far as absorbency, but they also have a pocket so you can add something (the GroVia boosters fit well) if you need to. We used them with two boosters for overnight.
They fit the most like disposable pull-ups of anything we tried, and they were the only ones my daughter liked.
lalalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:57 PM   #14
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The I like the design of the GroVia but i found that they were too small a rise for my son at 2.5, he was in 2T going into 3T pants. I would say there are designed for 18m ish age. It also took forever to dry. I figured I'd keep it for #2 use it whether we are pt that early or not
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:13 PM   #15
lalalion
Registered Users
seller

If you get the bigger side panels, the GroVias will fit a lot longer. My daughter wore them at night until she was 4 and 35 pounds. (Just into 4t pants) They still fit, but she stopped wetting them.
lalalion is offline   Reply With Quote