Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-24-2012, 01:31 AM   #11
Kenshin
Registered Users
Formerly: jes**e
seller
seller

Re: October TTC #1 -No Children Mentioned-

Hey guys. It's nice to read your updates, even if nothing too happy is going on it sounds like. I'm still here, just trying to avoid the site lately. I'm working long 40 hour weeks at the store plus dealing with kidney stones again. I've been in the E.R. having CT scans, ultrasounds, and seeing a urologist but haven't found too much out. I'm working a 1-9:30 shift tomorrow and then have an 8:45 a.m. appointment on Thursday with the urologist.

I'm still buying baby things (only really cheap, though!) but I'm trying not to really think about it too much. I'm trying to tell myself how hard it would be to work these long holiday hours if I were having morning sickness or serious fatigue. Thought I'd let you ladies know I'm still here thinking about you.

Advertisement

Old 10-24-2012, 10:35 AM   #12
opheliaspins
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm sorry you having kidney stones, that really stinks! I hope they figure out what's going on!

I've never had kidney stones but I've had gallstones and and woah that hurt! I had to get my gallbladder taken out.

Working a lot is good for money.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:24 AM   #13
Firerose_RCM
Registered Users
Formerly: ClothGirl21

CD#17. I'm not sure when I ovulated this month. In between me being sick and DH being sick we didn't get in much BD but i'm hoping it was enough. I haven't been buying any baby stuff for me here lately but I've bought a ton for my niece. My sister's boyfriend lost his job which sucks for them but me and my mom are going to support them until he can get another one. They live with my parents already so they don't have many expenses in the first place and he is working odd jobs right now to bring in a little cash. DH got a new job, he gets more hours and a better hourly rate at this one which is good since Christmas is right around the corner. He stepped on my iPod the other day in the vehicle and cracked the screen so now i'm getting one of the 5th generation ones & he's getting me a new laptop for Christmas. I'm not sure what i'm going to get him yet. On a side note, what would you think if someone got you a car seat for Christmas? Not as your only gift but just as one of them. My mom and I are planning to get my sister a convertible car seat for Christmas but i'm not sure how she will react to it.

Last edited by Firerose_RCM; 10-25-2012 at 06:31 AM.
Firerose_RCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:39 AM   #14
Firerose_RCM
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by opheliaspins View Post
I hear yah Becca. At this point I would be happy with one also, especially if we are going to have to do IVF. I read it can take up to 3 times, I really can't picture us being able to afford it 3 times, let alone enough times to get a second baby.

I've always wanted two. My hubby likes the idea of two. Since looking at baby stuff, TTC I started wanting 3. At the very least I'd love to have a boy and a girl but at this point I really think I could be happy with one if that's all we could manage. But all of us in here are still "young." I'm turning 28 this Novemeber. It sounds "old" to me but I know it's not really. I still got 12 good years of having a baby if not more. My mom had me at 40, but I'd rather have my babies younger if I can help it.

I'm on CD 51, it's driving me nuts, these crazy cycles. I bled for 26 days this cycle though, and it's only been about 26 days since I stopped spotting/bleeding, so idk.
Has anything changed with your cycle yet? I'm only 21 but most people around here (my county is really poor) have babies starting at 18 and are on their 3rd by my age, and people expect it from it. It drove me crazy when I first got married and everyone was always asking me when we were going to have a baby (we weren't even trying back then tough). My mom had me at 18 and my sister who had my niece is 18, and my cousin had my first god-baby at 18. I have another sister is 20 though who isn't married yet and has no plans for kids.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:58 AM   #15
Firerose_RCM
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshin View Post
Hey guys. It's nice to read your updates, even if nothing too happy is going on it sounds like. I'm still here, just trying to avoid the site lately. I'm working long 40 hour weeks at the store plus dealing with kidney stones again. I've been in the E.R. having CT scans, ultrasounds, and seeing a urologist but haven't found too much out. I'm working a 1-9:30 shift tomorrow and then have an 8:45 a.m. appointment on Thursday with the urologist.

I'm still buying baby things (only really cheap, though!) but I'm trying not to really think about it too much. I'm trying to tell myself how hard it would be to work these long holiday hours if I were having morning sickness or serious fatigue. Thought I'd let you ladies know I'm still here thinking about you.
I'm sorry you have to deal with kidney stones. My youngest sister has them and I hate seeing her in so much pain. I have never worked 40 hours a week before so I can only imagine how exhausted you must be from it, but having all that money for Christmas should be worth it.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:33 AM   #16
Kenshin
Registered Users
Formerly: jes**e
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firerose_RCM View Post
I'm sorry you have to deal with kidney stones. My youngest sister has them and I hate seeing her in so much pain. I have never worked 40 hours a week before so I can only imagine how exhausted you must be from it, but having all that money for Christmas should be worth it.
Thanks! I actually just got back from the urologist and after seeing my CT scan, it is not kidney stones. I cannot believe it. It looks like I've passed all of them (except for one small/medium sized one). I passed 70-something two years ago and a couple more since then. It turns out I am having extreme muscle pain all in the spots around my kidneys and bladder, which makes it feel like kidney stones. He referred me to a physical therapist.

And we are actually still really broke, because I'm working 40 hours a week (at least 30, anyway, up to 40) but my husband is only getting something like 10. They say it should be picking up for the holidays, but it really hasn't yet. He's looking for another part-time job, but he is also a writer and editor (volunteer on a site, unpaid but with exposure) and that takes up a lot of his time. I'm going to go back to sleep now, I was awake a lot last night with pain and thankfully it's my day off.
Old 10-25-2012, 01:11 PM   #17
opheliaspins
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My last cycle ended up being 51 days...so I guess right after I updated you guys.

I'm currently on cycle day 7..still bleeding..hoping it's going to stop soon and not be like last month..a whole whopping 26 days ++ of spotting/bleeding.

I'm mostly just sitting around waiting for December....I should make an appointment for me too somewhere..but I'm afraid I'll go and pay them $200 bucks for them to tell me I'm fat. Gee thanks, I already figured that out!
Old 10-25-2012, 11:24 PM   #18
Firerose_RCM
Registered Users

I ended up getting a new iPod today! It wasn't a 5th generation but DH surprised me with a 4th generation 32GB model. I'm happy with it though because I missed my old 4th gen and hated the 3rd gen I had. I plan on getting him an Android pad for Christmas since he got me the iPod and will be getting me a new laptop too. Anyone else have plans for Christmas gifts yet?
Old 10-26-2012, 12:09 AM   #19
opheliaspins
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I haven't really thought about what I want for Xmas, i was thinking about asking for snap press, but decided I couldn't wait and my hubby just got me one for an early bday present (Nov 18th). I got a fairly big (for us) present last year of a Kindle Fire, I probably won't ask for anything so big this year...trying to save money.. Definitely hard though!
Old 10-31-2012, 12:12 AM   #20
Firerose_RCM
Registered Users

Anyone else getting effects from Hurricane Sandy/Frankenstorm? It's so cold here it's crazy and we've been having sleet/snow that is on the ground one minute and gone the next, then back again. We were supposed to get bad wind but it didn't happen. The power flickered earlier around 9:30 am but it didn't stay off. I feel so bad for my family in NC and my friends in New York & D.C. right now.