Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-07-2012, 09:15 PM   #1
EveryDayIsANewDay
Registered Users
Formerly: Stacey***ke3
seller
seller

4 in a Honda Accord

Okay so I've been looking for a job and while I have an offer from Rite Aid for a guaranteed 20 hrs, then an interview for Kohls Friday morning, in addition, I put an ad for childcare out on CL asking for one full time kid.

Well, I got a reply for a 3 and 1 year old from the same family. Right now my 40 lb 5 yr old and 30 lb 2.5 year old are in Radian XTSLs.

How could I fit all the kiddos in my car? Would I do DD1 in Radian up front, or just choose a cheaper harnessed seat the 4 days a week I'd have them for her, then DD2 in Radian, and 2 others in DD1's Radian FFIng and see if mom will pay 50% for just the last Radian and do the 1 yr old RFing?

We haven't even set a price or met yet, but I don't want to say yes until I know there's a possible way to fit three in carseats in the back. We are in Georgia by the way.

Advertisement

EveryDayIsANewDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:22 PM   #2
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

I don't think it has to be a Radian. Sceneras are narrow. A maestro might even fit. The oldest should go upfront, harnessed, with the seat all the way back. I'd personally put a Radian or nautilus upfront since there is no tether.
jaelynsmommy61607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:23 PM   #3
champatlife
Registered Users
seller

Re: 4 in a Honda Accord

are you planning on deacivating your air bags?

obviously people who have trucks and no back seat put their littles in the front seat, but I'm not certain I would do it if I had a choice. I hope someone has some great sugestions for you. It might help when you find out what kind of seats she has perhaps they can puzzle with your radians without having to purchase a new one. I don't know about 50/50 how will you handle when you guys part ways? who gets the seat?
Old 03-07-2012, 09:40 PM   #4
monica-m
Registered Users

My Mood:

You cannot get airbags legally deactivated without a letter from the NHTSA and they don't just give those out.

If you absolutely must transport with a child in the front seat, it would be the oldest forward facing harnessed child, preferably in a seat like the Radian or Nauti that does well untethered. The seat must be all as far from the dash as possible.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:54 PM   #5
pcjs
Registered Users

I thought you could (at least years ago) get a switch put in to turn off the airbags.

Is this the form?
http://www.safercar.gov/staticfiles/...noffswitch.pdf
Old 03-07-2012, 11:21 PM   #6
brigala
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Here's what I think I'd do:

1) I'd get a Complete Air 65 (cheapest one you can find) and put it FF in the back for the 5 year old and the 3 year old to "share." The reason I'd choose the CA65 is because it's fairly narrow and 3-across friendly and you can adjust the harness height easily without having to uninstall the car seat. So your 5 year old can ride in back whenever his seat isn't occupied by the 3 year old.

2) I would either put the 1 year old RF in the Scenera and the Radian up front, or I'd put the 1 year old RF in the Radian and get a Maestro to put in front.

Of course I'd try out all these combos in your car before putting out any real investment.

I would also probably ask the mom to either buy or chip in on the seats her children will be riding in.
brigala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:39 AM   #7
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by brigala
Here's what I think I'd do:

1) I'd get a Complete Air 65 (cheapest one you can find) and put it FF in the back for the 5 year old and the 3 year old to "share." The reason I'd choose the CA65 is because it's fairly narrow and 3-across friendly and you can adjust the harness height easily without having to uninstall the car seat. So your 5 year old can ride in back whenever his seat isn't occupied by the 3 year old.

2) I would either put the 1 year old RF in the Scenera and the Radian up front, or I'd put the 1 year old RF in the Radian and get a Maestro to put in front.

Of course I'd try out all these combos in your car before putting out any real investment.

I would also probably ask the mom to either buy or chip in on the seats her children will be riding in.
How can she out the radian RFing in the front with an airbag???
Old 03-08-2012, 06:43 AM   #8
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkinBoutMyGirl

I read it a few times and I'm sure she meant in the back the 2 yr old rf with the other upfront for the 5 yr old.
jaelynsmommy61607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:43 AM   #9
Pixels
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcjs View Post
I thought you could (at least years ago) get a switch put in to turn off the airbags.

Is this the form?
http://www.safercar.gov/staticfiles/...noffswitch.pdf
You have to get approval to get the airbag shut off, and unfortunately they just don't give out the approvals. They certainly won't do it in this case when one of the children can be forward facing in front.
Pixels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:46 AM   #10
Pixels
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by brigala View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkinBoutMyGirl View Post
She was saying 1 year old RFing in the Scenera, different child FFing in front. Or, 1yo RFing in the Radian, different child FFing in the Maestro in front. No matter what, the 1yo is RFing in back.
Pixels is offline   Reply With Quote