Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-03-2012, 11:07 AM   #1
7mom7
Registered Users

Anyone else accidentally take a week off?

Oops! We finally got back to it today and fortunately DS picked it right back up. I was worried b/c he's learning to read and I didn't want him to forget what he had learned but he was so focused and accurate with his reading today...WHEW!

In the past when things have gotten busy I've taken off MUCH longer than a week...I'm glad we finally got our act together this morning! I'm not super strict about long term planning but I was hoping to finish this reading program up before next semester. I hope we're still on track for that!

Advertisement

7mom7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:53 AM   #2
2queens&1princenmyhouse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone else accidentally take a week off?

Glad to hear everything went smoothly.

DH and DS are off on Monday, so I was thinking about giving the girls Monday off as well, but the more I think about it, I don't want to deal with Tuesday if I do.
2queens&1princenmyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:06 PM   #3
agardenfull
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I wouldn't sweat it ~ In the long run, it's a drop in the bucket. Oh and we accidentally took a year off once
agardenfull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:24 PM   #4
threelittlehoneys
formerly R***and**********
seller
seller

Always seems like some time off does my son a lot of good. When we come back to it he's sharp as a tack

We are taking ... the... WHOLE... week off next week!!! Whoo hoo... I'm so excited!!
threelittlehoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:35 PM   #5
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Umm....we are accidentally taking off about a month. LOL! I accidentally because I wasn't planning to take any time off school before my baby comes, but I've had so many appts and so much going on we just haven't been able to do it. We are now doing a little, but this baby will be here any day now. So, then we'll be off again. My son is in 1st and doing phonics too. He isn't a strong reader. We didn't do any review, just picked back up at the end of last week. I was extremely happy to find that he didn't need review. He remembered and actually read very well. It was like it all had time to jell in his mind during the break. Yay for young brains!! Unlike mine that turns into mush!
Old 10-08-2012, 12:29 AM   #6
princessizziesmommy
Registered Users

We accidentally took off last month as well. I was due at the end of Sept (delivered on the 16th) but our son was back and forth to the doctors office for two weeks and then in the hospital for a week prior to my delivery. We sent work to my parents so they could help DD with it while we were running back and forth and made sure to life school while out and about. But we took 5 weeks off from sit down school work during that time. We are slowly getting back into the schedule now that the baby is 3 weeks old.
princessizziesmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:25 AM   #7
raisingcropsandbabies
Registered Users
seller

We are taking mid oct. To mid. November off as planned, but i decided, "what the heck" and made the last minute call to take the 2 weeks prior off as well. I want us to have lots of fun, playdates, outings before our schedule gets crazy for ds#1's intensive o.t. program starts. Like someone said, drop in the bucket!
raisingcropsandbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:53 AM   #8
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have taken about 2 weeks off while not intending to. I started labor day, and I am on lesson 16 today. Oops! I am not that concerned but, it is a bit of a challenge. It is just appointments in the morning, and my son still naps (most days). So we are a bit off. This week should be good but next week is WAY off. We have something to do Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday! I hope to have him do one lesson next week. We will see if that works out.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:03 AM   #9
7mom7
Registered Users

Nice to know I'm not alone. We 'accidentally' missed Friday too so I've got to at least get reading done today...along with a crazy to do list including soccer practice, church commitments, and work. Maybe I need a second cup of coffee!
7mom7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:44 AM   #10
Jedimomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We accidentally took last week off. Or the last 2 weeks. Or something... This morning we got right back to things and it's gone great! DS is finishing up his work right now, DD was finished by 9AM (preK 3). Apparently the time off did us all well. I've been ridiculously frazzled for no particular reason lately and the time off definitely made me feel better. Let's hope it sticks...

I love TRADES!
Jedimomma is online now   Reply With Quote